PDA

View Full Version : I'm a nooooobie, help me out!

The Guv'nor
11-13-2003, 05:53 PM
I'm thinking about buying an x-box but im not sure. I already own a ps2 but there has been a lack in good fps games which happen to be almost the only genre im interested in and most of the other games are either too kiddy or just absolute shat. I also own a pc but its getting on a bit now and the only games i really play on it are counter strike and day of defeat (half life and quake 3 engine games are the maximum :( ) So i was wondering, if i bought an x-box now what good games are there out, and what good games are on the way out, that arent available on ps2? plz bear in mind that i live in a small town and broadband isnt available in my area :mad: so no xbox live for me

BananaMan
11-13-2003, 06:24 PM
well good offline games are: Halo,RTCW,Counter-Strike(Bots only:-/ offline),Ghost Recon,Ghost recon:Island thunder, and Rainbow Six 3.;) GL!

George89
11-13-2003, 07:05 PM
Some great console games exclusize to XBOX are the following( some have not come out):
Crimson Skies, Star Wars: KOTOR, Halo, Rainbowsix 3 (not for long), Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, Deus Ex, Conker: Live and Uncut, BC, Fable, Half-Life 2, Doom 3, the XSN games (though they might not be extrememly fun without LIVE) and many more which I can't think of right now:D

skorp
11-13-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by The Guv'nor
I'm thinking about buying an x-box but im not sure. I already own a ps2 but there has been a lack in good fps games which happen to be almost the only genre im interested in and most of the other games are either too kiddy or just absolute shat. I also own a pc but its getting on a bit now and the only games i really play on it are counter strike and day of defeat (half life and quake 3 engine games are the maximum :( ) So i was wondering, if i bought an x-box now what good games are there out, and what good games are on the way out, that arent available on ps2? plz bear in mind that i live in a small town and broadband isnt available in my area :mad: so no xbox live for me

Xbox games have alot more awesome FPS's....

If you cant afford a PC upgrade and spend $200-$300 plus on a video card alone... (not including possible memory, etc.. etc..) I suggest getting an Xbox if you want to play Half-Life2, DOOM3 to name a few and Halo2 will be coming out...

Dude... I say your missing out. :D

Good luck!:cheers: