PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Thunder 2002 question

nascarfan515
12-28-2001, 07:29 PM
How do i get Superspeedway Shootout, Road Course Challenge ,and Short Track Challenge.And also Albuquerque track,Boca Chica track,Cocoa Beach track,Devil's Canyon track:confused:

nascarfan515
12-29-2001, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by nascarfan515
How do i get Superspeedway Shootout, Road Course Challenge ,and Short Track Challenge.And also Albuquerque track,Boca Chica track,Cocoa Beach track,Devil's Canyon track:confused:
HELP ME

LedZeplin
12-30-2001, 09:07 AM
what are you talking about? I've never come across any of the like.

nascarfan515
12-30-2001, 11:31 AM
From http://www.gamewinners.com/xbox/NASCARThunder2002.htm
Albuquerque track:
Finish first in the point standings in the Full Season.
Boca Chica track:
Finish first in the points standings in the Road Course Challenge.
Cocoa Beach track:
Finish first in the points standings in the Superspeedway Shootout.
Devil's Canyon track:
Finish first in the points standings in the Short Track Challenge.
And also from http://www.gamewinners.com/xbox/NASCARThunder2002.htm

Hint: 2nd Place Spinout Challenge award:
The key to winning this challenge is track position and pit strategy. Start the race and drive your way to either first or second place within the first three laps. At the end of lap three, make a pit stop. Take on tires and just enough gas to finish. Adjust the wedge setting if necessary. As the rest of the field cycles through their pit stops a couple of laps later, make sure you are in a position to recapture second place. As you near the finish line on the last lap, aim your car to crash into the outside wall right at the finish line. When the car hits the wall, the impact will spin it around backwards as it crosses the line. This should be sufficient to win the challenge.
Hint: 2nd Place Spinout Challenge award:
Winning the "2nd Place Spinout Challenge", awards you the following Thunder Cards:
+1 Extra Gas (Defensive) - 1
+5 Gas Guzzler (Offensive) - 1
10% Faster Pitcrew (Defensive) - 1
+5 Less Tire Wear (Defensive) - 1
+5 Less Body Damage (Defensive) - 1
+5 Engine Protection (Defensive) - 1
+15 Acceleration (Speed) - 1
+1 Air Resistance (Speed) - 1
+2 Air Resistance (Speed) - 1
+3 Air Resistance (Speed) - 1
+25 Draft Bonus (Speed) - 1
20% Tire Damage (Offensive) - 1
Hint: Long Haul Part 3 Challenge (Talladega) award:
Winning the "Long Haul Part 3" Challenge (Talladega)", awards you the following Thunder Cards:
+5 Less Tire Wear (Defensive) - 2
+10 Less Tire Wear (Defensive) - 1
+5 Engine Protection (Defensive) - 2
+15 Engine Protection (Defensive) - 1
-40 Speed Limit (Speed) - 1
+3 Air Resistance (Speed) - 1
+25 Draft Bonus (Speed) - 1
10% Tire Damage (Offensive) - 1
Speed Demon (Speed) - 1
X2 Double Damage (Offensive) - 1
Hint: Long Haul Part 4 Challenge (Sears Point) award:
Winning The Long Haul Part 4 Challenge (Sears Point) awards you the following Thunder Cards:
+5 Gas Guzzler (Offensive) 1
+10 Gas Guzzler (Offensive) 1
+10 Less Tire Wear (Defensive) 1
+5 Engine Protection (Defensive) 1
+10 Acceleration (Speed) 1
-20 Speed Limit (Speed) 1
+25 Draft Bonus (Speed) 1
30% Tire Damage (Offensive) 1
Tight Turns (Defensive) 1
Oil Slick (Offensive) 2
Proving Grounds Track 1
Hint: Rubbin' Pit Road Part 1 Challenge award:
Winning the Rubbin' Pit Road Part 1 Challenge awards you the following Thunder Cards:
+3 Extra Gas (Defensive) 1
+15 Less Tire Wear (Defensive) 1
20% Tire Damage (Offensive) 1
30% Tire Damage (Offensive) 1
Hint: Speed Demon Part 2 Challenge award:
Winning the Speed Demon Part 2 Challenge awards you the following Thunder Cards:
+2 Extra Gas (Defensive) 1
5% Faster Pitcrew (Defensive) 1
+5 Less Tire Wear (Defensive) 1
+5 Less Body Damage (Defensive) 1
+1 Air Resistance (Speed) 1
10% Tire Damage (Offensive) 1
Hint: Speed Demon Part 3 (Daytona) Challenge:
Start the race and work your way through the field as best you can. It is not necessary to be at the front. At the end of lap three, make a pit stop and take on tires only. Do not adjust the wedge very much, if at all. Fix any damage that you may have received. Go back out onto the track. Your driving line now becomes the critical factor for achieving the 47 second lap that the challenge requires. At the beginning of your second lap back on the track after your pit stop, your speed should be near 190 or 191 mph. As you enter turns one and two, your entry speed should be around 195 and exit speed around 184 or 185. Any slower than that on the exit, and you will be able to make it up on the backstretch. As you enter Turns three and four, entry speed should be near 197 and the exit should be around 183 or 184. If you keep those speeds, you should run a lap somewhere between 47.5 and 47.6 seconds. It is absolutely imperative that you keep a steady line through the corners, otherwise you will scrub off too much speed if the car drifts off line. You will need to make a second pit stop to gas up and get four more tires, probably around lap seven or eight. If you can draft on other cars, this will significantly pick up your turn entry speeds but you can run a 47.6 second lap without a lot of drafting helpHow do i do this?How do i get thunder cards?

LedZeplin
01-01-2002, 08:20 AM
Interesting.

In NHL 2002 there is a menu for NHL Cards, which you can buy with points you earn while playing in games for doing diffrent things. I don't know how this kind of thing carries over to NASCAR

I won the championship on a short season in rookie level and it gave me Greg Biffle's and Shane Hall's Busch car. But I haven't noticed being able to select the Albuquerque track. I'll have to check.

After seeing that list you figure there has to be other retired big names that you can create, or unlock, Darrell Waltrip, Bobby Allison, and maybe, but probally not this year out of respect, Dale Earnhart Sr.

LedZeplin
01-08-2002, 05:45 PM
Ive been doing some more playing and I think that stuff you listed is in career mode. it seems the only place that the bonuses are used