PDA

View Full Version : NFL Fever, does it live up to the hype?

UncleUmpalumpa
12-28-2001, 07:46 PM
I just recently found myself standing in a videogame store staring at the backs of Madden 2002 and NFL Fever 2002 pondering which one I should buy. I finally decided to go with NFL Fever because it is an original football game secifically made for the XBOX unlike Madden which is being used currently on three systems. After hurrying home I pushed that little green button on the front of my powerful console and that popped that bad boy into it. Right away I was amazed by the solid graphics and every little detail which was carved onto which I believe was an art masterpiece. One of the coolest things I noticed is when you start blowing out a team at their home field the crowd slowly thins out. The replays are simply a masterpiece from showing the balls threads to seeing exactly how you intercepted that pass. Another great thing is the ability to unlock new fantasy teams and stadiums. Footprints in the snow and muddy uniforms is just some of tose details I was talkig about and theres andrenaline packed gameplay to back it up. You'll never find a dull moment. If you feel like experiencing what power the XBOX can trully bring out then pick up this aweasome title I promise you, that you won't be discouraged. *I would gladly like to hear from you and wat your opinion is on NFL FEVER 2002*
What I rated this in five categories: (lowest score1 highest 10)
Sound-7 (Anouncers repeat themselves often but besides that the bonecrunching sounds of linemen grunting and widerecievers getting clotheslined is just splendid)
Graphics-10 (Those who have played this game know why this gets a ten)
Controls-9 (There are many different buttons you must press but Pratice Mode makes this no problem in teaching yu the basics)
Multiplayer-10 (Sacking your trash talking friend when hes the quarterback is flat out sweet, but if you don't go for that sort of thing you can always play on his team)
All round-9.5 (A true classic that has everything that a football fan wants and needs and for some people that just feel like using their body to smash others)

Well thanks for reading what I had to say
-UncleUmpalumpa-

Hermie133
12-29-2001, 10:56 AM
I am currently renting Fever, and I am not much of a football fan, but I sure got hooked to it on xbox. I think i am gonna try and get fever once i save up enough money. It's freakin awesome with the graphics and all. The sound is a little cheesy but other than that its SAWEET!
:D :D