PDA

View Full Version : Are you sick of HALO threads?

Dirty DeStrO
11-14-2003, 10:31 AM
Who else here is sick of threads filled with Halo Rulz talk or HALO 2 rumors or how about my favorite "how long have you played halo?" GET A NEW GAME ... or anything Halo related. I sure as molasses am and I know I can't be the only one. I wish bungie would end all work on Halo 2 and recall all Halo discs for safety concerns so people would just drop the whole subject. Wait then everyone would be crying about why they took my Halo away from me.

Here
When they get done with it ... it will come out. Not any sooner and not any later.

Highlite23
11-14-2003, 10:45 AM
Now I voted "I Love Halo".............but yes, the threads are getting a little too cultish :eek:

Tim
11-14-2003, 11:15 AM
Bring on the threads! I Love the HYPE!

thrAsher
11-14-2003, 11:20 AM
It was old when I joined, and now I just find it funny. You'd think half these kids didn't know there were other games out for the Xbox. :rolleyes:

I love Halo, also, but it's like, been there, done that. Move on. Maybe XBA needs an entire SITE just for Halo...like HaloAddicts or something.... :p

StudioAlex
11-14-2003, 11:44 AM
I think what's most annoying is the fact the everytime some guy with a 3 post total comes up with:

whoo hre luvs halo u r crazy if u don luv dis game!

people encourage the behavior by answering these posts everytime. Yes, Halo comes up a lot. I wouldn't mind it if someone actually had something new to post. What really gets me is people constantly responding to these pointless posts.

-AVE|\|GER-
11-14-2003, 11:50 AM
well i love it and play it whenever i can 3 or 4 nights a week.

So I say bring on more threads about halo.

It can never get old for me

bigcheat
11-14-2003, 12:03 PM
If someone likes a game, they like a game.....you cant hate on someone for still wanting to talk about halo. For some of us Halo is still fairly new. Just like some of you played it and moved on, some of us are playing it and still play it.

TRINITY-6
11-14-2003, 12:39 PM
i love halo :D

if the thread bring's something new to the table than i see no problem with it.

sojourner
11-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Im sick to the back teeth with halo posting its like a jumping cd repeating itself halohalohalo....:cuss:

WrathfulPoppa
11-14-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
It was old when I joined, and now I just find it funny. You'd think half these kids didn't know there were other games out for the Xbox. :rolleyes:

I love Halo, also, but it's like, been there, done that. Move on. Maybe XBA needs an entire SITE just for Halo...like HaloAddicts or something.... :p

I don't see a problem with it, a lot of people love Halo, nothing wrong with that. Those stupid posts that you guys mentioned before only happen every once in a while, most of the other ones offer new material thats usually pretty interesting so it doesn't bother me.

As for the HaloAddicts site, <plug>Halo2.owns.it</plug>

No Fear 23
11-14-2003, 02:38 PM
well, thats why i suggested a sub forum just for halo 2. so :confused:

MerimacHamwich
11-14-2003, 02:53 PM
NEW material? Are you kidding me? I can almost garauntee that 90% of the current Halo threads were made before Halo or the XBox were even released.

I am more than tired of the threads. It seems poeple have elevated Halo and Halo 2 above the level of a game. They have put it on the pedestal of a god, which is more than pathetic.

Heck, I never even "loved" Halo. It was a pretty good game, but it does have its flaws. In my opinion there are much better games currently out on the Xbox.

I can say without hyperbole that there will be a major sector of the general XBox playing public who will be severely disapointed with Halo 2, simply becuase from the hype they are creating, they are expecting it to be a god descending from the heavens to take them to the promised land. Let's face it, it's a GAME. It won't have that kind of effect on you.

jelgiad
11-14-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher

Nah, i think HaloHolics sounds better.
"Hi, My Name is Jet Lag and im a Haloholic!"

:D

Shadow20002
11-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Making more of it....we are on Xbox Addict Site. :)

JJaX
11-14-2003, 03:34 PM
Im sick of halo threads too. I dont even vist GD as often, just because of the same halo info being recycled over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
And whats the point of making threads like "OMG!!!!1 Halo2 will rewL!"

We know this already. And stop asking for a release date. We dont work for bungie and noone here does either.

jelgiad
11-14-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Im sick of halo threads too. I dont even vist GD as often, just because of the same halo info being recycled over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
And whats the point of making threads like &quot;OMG!!!!1 Halo2 will rewL!&quot;

We know this already. And stop asking for a release date. We dont work for bungie and noone here does either.

aaaw, jaxx, what happed to your other sig? :(

BunnyRabbit
11-14-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Dirty DeStrO
Who else here is sick of threads filled with Halo Rulz talk or HALO 2 rumors or how about my favorite &quot;how long have you played halo?&quot; GET A NEW GAME ... or anything Halo related. I sure as molasses am and I know I can't be the only one. I wish bungie would end all work on Halo 2 and recall all Halo discs for safety concerns so people would just drop the whole subject. Wait then everyone would be crying about why they took my Halo away from me.

Here
When they get done with it ... it will come out. Not any sooner and not any later.

I dont mind any thread of any type. And Halo is the best of all kinds of threads. Im just laughing at how your very thread is Halo related. HAhahaHAHAhaha!

JJaX
11-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit

I dont mind any thread of any type. And Halo is the best of all kinds of threads. Im just laughing at how your very thread is Halo related. HAhahaHAHAhaha!

HHAhahAHhaHAHAHahHHAHah......................................no

sojourner
11-14-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
NEW material? Are you kidding me? I can almost garauntee that 90% of the current Halo threads were made before Halo or the XBox were even released.

I am more than tired of the threads. It seems poeple have elevated Halo and Halo 2 above the level of a game. They have put it on the pedestal of a god, which is more than pathetic.

Heck, I never even &quot;loved&quot; Halo. It was a pretty good game, but it does have its flaws. In my opinion there are much better games currently out on the Xbox.

I can say without hyperbole that there will be a major sector of the general XBox playing public who will be severely disapointed with Halo 2, simply becuase from the hype they are creating, they are expecting it to be a god descending from the heavens to take them to the promised land. Let's face it, it's a GAME. It won't have that kind of effect on you.

That reply IS IT in a nutshell! :cheers:

Cloud Strife
11-14-2003, 05:18 PM
I think Halo is a good game but there are a little too many threads on it. At XBA, the percentage of Halo threads is nowhere near as high as several other Xbox sites, so it's really not too bad here. I feel that there other great games too that deserve the attention of Halo. Blinx and Gun Valkyrie are my two favorite Xbox games and I next to never see threads of those games. Project Gotham Racing, Otogi, and Voodo Vince are towards the top too.

New_Order
11-14-2003, 05:20 PM
No I'm not sick of Halo threads, But I'll tell you what I am sick of...People who post threads about being sick of Halo

sojourner
11-14-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by New_Order
No I'm not sick of Halo threads, But I'll tell you what I am sick of...People who post threads about being sick of Halo

:rofl:

StudioAlex
11-15-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Cloud Strife
I Blinx and Gun Valkyrie are my two favorite Xbox games and I next to never see threads of those games.

Here's a thread for you, Gun Valkyrie is ****ing hard! Seriously, I couldn't (or wouldn't) beat that last level. Awesome game, though.

Kortiz
11-15-2003, 02:52 PM
well, honestly.........i think the mods should put all of the threads into one thread.......or at least 2 or 3 threads.

everytime someone finds something out, they gotta make their own thread. hell, ive done it before...so yeah im guilty of it

it isnt a big deal at first, but after a week of this stuff.........i mean there are 9 threads about halo just on the first 2 pages of the general forum.

better than half are about november 15th..........one thread would have been good for all news related to november 15th and the rumors behind it...........

*shrug* i voted i don't care. i dont.............i mean, it is halo.......and halo is a great game. i can't wait for halo 2......keep on posting, but jesus you peeps dont need to make a new thread everytime you get what you think is the most bestest halo info.....you dont. put it in an existing thread.

Voodoo_Vince
11-15-2003, 03:39 PM
This thread is just as annoying as the "When's GTA coming to Xbox" or the "Halo Rules" and "Halo 2 is the Shiznit" or "where's the Dwemer Puzzle Box" they will happen and they won't stop I expect 300 more posts about GTA coming to Xbox even though GTA is out, and a million more Halo 2 threads , get used to it because it aint gonna stop ,

Nameless
11-15-2003, 03:52 PM
I personally think Halo is one of the most overrated games I've ever played. So am I sick of the Halo threads? Well I was from the very first Halo thread I read. Since then I rarely bother to go in those threads.

Stormlord
11-15-2003, 07:07 PM
Doesn't bother me since I don't come here every single day. I play my games and then come back to the forums maybe a few days later or maybe a few weeks. Well what can you do about? Nothing....how many times are you going to walk into a Gamestop or EB and hear some clerk talk about how PS2 is better than Xbox and Gamecube? A lot and it won't be the last time unless you stop going. Just because some don't like Halo doesn't mean the rest of the world should too. If you see a Halo thread just don't read it. Now they barely get 10 views. :confused:

RichVGS
11-15-2003, 07:29 PM
I agree that Halo is a great game, but people are treating it like its the greatest invention of all time. Everyone just needs to chill about Halo 2, otherwise it will become so hyped that it will never be as good as everyone wants it to be.

Hellbringer
11-16-2003, 01:58 PM
Soooooo,when is halo2 coming out?:rofl:

-AVE|\|GER-
11-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by TheVertigoEdge
I agree that Halo is a great game, but people are treating it like its the greatest invention of all time. Everyone just needs to chill about Halo 2, otherwise it will become so hyped that it will never be as good as everyone wants it to be.

I thought halo was the greatest invention of all time.:watchout:

I see it as
first there was the wheel
then the car
then master chief:)

Tomcatm16
11-16-2003, 02:55 PM
The first game I bought for my xbox was Halo: Combat Evolved. I considered getting a gamecube first, but when the xbox's specs came out I wanted the green box.

The hype for Halo 2 is very good. I want it to keep comming so the bungie guys can really make the best game for the xbox.:D

RagunCajun
11-16-2003, 06:01 PM
answer to topic... yes

alexsktbrdng
11-16-2003, 08:57 PM
halo is sooo played out, go halo 2, woo

gerbil
11-16-2003, 09:19 PM
i love halo .. it's still one of the best .. rated 'GAME OF THE YEAR' 2 yrs in a row ....

wooooo hooooo!!! :cheers:

Reclaimer
11-17-2003, 06:06 AM
OK, imagine this.. a xbox website where gamers can come and talk about their favorite game? No way? Does this place really exist? Where are we people? On a xbox website. How many members do we have? 10 million. (or close to that) What game put the xbox on the map when it launched? Redefined console FPS? Has become the most talked about and widely anticipated arrival other than Christ's second coming at the Britney Spears all nude Superbowl half time show?
Think about... keep thinking, some of you are slow.

Got it yet?

OK, it's Halo. Who are you guys to decided what a kid likes? Really now. So what that a virtual army of gamers adore the game. To be quite honest, I bought the xbox for Halo when it launched. Of all the games I own and have traded, Halo has pretty much remained the only game to be in my library since launch day. Just about the only game I play on a regular basis.
But I probably dont even match the enthusism of the most hardened Halo lover. But that's not the point. This is a xbox website, and Halo is a xbox game. People like it, they love it and will talk about it. It's their perogative to post threads about halo, and it's mine to delete untrue crap, like that early Halo2/HaloDX on xbox. In fact, this thread is borderline on the chopping block simply because I can sum up a solution to all your problems:

Don't click on a thread that you think you won't like.

If you have a problem with Halo threads on a xbox site, then get a damn Gamecube and go to their forums.

Easy huh? You and others represent a small percentage of the mass members here, and your poll doesn't mean ****. Let the population speak about what they want. When they want, and where they want.

If you don't like it...

Here's the door -->
Don't let it hit you on the ass on the way out.

bretman1234
11-17-2003, 09:36 AM
I love halo, yet these threads are becoming wayyyy to common. And with all the new members from XBC, its like they don't even know there is anything BUT halo on xbox. Come on guys halo is great and all but there are new great games out that should have threads about them.

bigcheat
11-17-2003, 12:01 PM
At the time of writing this 55 people have voted.....thats a fairly good sample size. So if you look at the poll as an overall answer to the question at hand over 50% of people love halo and over 75% of the people that did the poll either love it or dont mind......thats a pretty large percentage. Now I do agree that if the wording on the poll was changed to say "do you love halo threads" instead of "do you love halo" there would probably be different results. But in my opinion the people have spoken......overall people dont mind Halo threads

Dirty DeStrO
11-17-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA
OK, imagine this.. a xbox website where gamers can come and talk about their favorite game? No way? Does this place really exist? Where are we people? On a xbox website. How many members do we have? 10 million. (or close to that) What game put the xbox on the map when it launched? Redefined console FPS? Has become the most talked about and widely anticipated arrival other than Christ's second coming at the Britney Spears all nude Superbowl half time show?
Think about... keep thinking, some of you are slow.

Got it yet?

OK, it's Halo. Who are you guys to decided what a kid likes? Really now. So what that a virtual army of gamers adore the game. To be quite honest, I bought the xbox for Halo when it launched. Of all the games I own and have traded, Halo has pretty much remained the only game to be in my library since launch day. Just about the only game I play on a regular basis.
But I probably dont even match the enthusism of the most hardened Halo lover. But that's not the point. This is a xbox website, and Halo is a xbox game. People like it, they love it and will talk about it. It's their perogative to post threads about halo, and it's mine to delete untrue crap, like that early Halo2/HaloDX on xbox. In fact, this thread is borderline on the chopping block simply because I can sum up a solution to all your problems:

Don't click on a thread that you think you won't like.

If you have a problem with Halo threads on a xbox site, then get a damn Gamecube and go to their forums.

Easy huh? You and others represent a small percentage of the mass members here, and your poll doesn't mean ****. Let the population speak about what they want. When they want, and where they want.

If you don't like it...

Here's the door --&gt;
Don't let it hit you on the ass on the way out.

Whats funny is that the 'all powerful' 'all seeing' XBA mods are so quick to delete threads, move threads, or chastise someone for posting a thread of a similiar topic that has already been posted but when it comes to HALO they look the other way. Like this one ... this is a perfectly new thread started in the Off topic section, yet because it is bad mouthing HALO it could be closed. This is exactly what I am talking about.
Fair and equitable treatment.
You see the problem comes when you haven't been in forums for a few days and you 'view new posts', at which point, you get 15 pages of posts half of which are halo related. It's BS ... start editing, moving, closing, and merging all these damn halo threads just like you do to every other thread on this website. Its friggin retarded that people on this website are "scared" of the mods.

P.S. You are a mod on an XBOX website ... get over yourself

Peepers
11-17-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Dirty DeStrO

Whats funny is that the 'all powerful' 'all seeing' XBA mods are so quick to delete threads, move threads, or chastise someone for posting a thread of a similiar topic that has already been posted but when it comes to HALO they look the other way. Like this one ... this is a perfectly new thread started in the Off topic section, yet because it is bad mouthing HALO it could be closed. This is exactly what I am talking about.
Fair and equitable treatment.
You see the problem comes when you haven't been in forums for a few days and you 'view new posts', at which point, you get 15 pages of posts half of which are halo related. It's BS ... start editing, moving, closing, and merging all these damn halo threads just like you do to every other thread on this website. Its friggin retarded that people on this website are &quot;scared&quot; of the mods.

P.S. You are a mod on an XBOX website ... get over yourself

Way to stand up to the man! I'm behind ...a few hundred yards behind you. Please don't ban me!!!!

LINKINPARK8591
11-17-2003, 03:58 PM
i love the game halo but the threads are getting repeticious...........though i do understand that some people are new to it............

LTM360
11-17-2003, 07:57 PM
Halo threads: Yes.
Halo 2 threads: No.

Im sick of hearing about how great Halo is or whatever, but if its info concerning Halo 2 Ill read it all!

JediMasterChief
11-17-2003, 09:18 PM
The Halo/Halo 2 threads are sometimes quite pointless and stupid. But most of them are all right and usually helpful.

skorp
11-17-2003, 09:59 PM
I love Halo! what can I say... Yes their are many great games out there that deserve the same attention... I also understand that new or old Xbox owners finally buy the game and are excited about it as well... I was! Doesnt bother me at all... and it wont stop until 10 million+ Xbox gamers own one! So maybe never... It might slow down when Halo2 comes out... My only problem is the game was out since Nov 2001... What in the hell took you all so long????!!!

:cheers: