PDA

View Full Version : So which will be the better back up console for RPGs?

StudioAlex
12-28-2001, 08:11 PM
Since the the future is indeed bleak, and my daydreaming can only last so long, which would you guys say would be the better backup console to play RPGs on? I've yet to buy a PS2 because nothing came out for it that I wanted to play,except Devil May Cry. I've been interested in getting a gamecube but I can't think of too many RPGs coming its way.

Final Fantasy is not enough for me (yes, they are good games but I can only stand so many stories about orphans and their stupid love triangles) to warrant buying a PS2, but new Grandia games and especially a third Lunar would push me over the edge.

Someone posted recently that Skies of Arcadia sequels would be GC exclusive. What else is coming out for the system other than Zelda (yeah, I'm counting action/rpgs and adventure games with strong RPG elements)? It is possible that the shining series will continue on GC as it is a Sonic Team game but I'm more interested in real announcements right now. How long did I go believing Lunar was coming out for my saturn...

Ninja Scroll
12-29-2001, 11:51 AM
Okay, first off to correct an obvious rumor in here Sega have never announce anything about Skies Of Arcadia 2 and I would be the first to know since their aint no other Skies fan as diehard as the Ninja.
Though the original Skies is due in 2002 for a port to KiddyCube & PS2.
Okay, now that's out the way.
Im just gonna still with my Xbox for the long hall wheather that means missing RPG's like FFX or not.
I jst might purchase a KiddyCube since they are now offically the offical home of the Resident Evil series.
but on an overall picture of th RPG world. I think it's a very bleak one since nothing groundbreaking has been announced for no system other than this "Project Let Go My Ego" im hearing about. :D