PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six 3 or Counter-strike

Unknown444111
11-14-2003, 03:53 PM
Im just wondering what everyone thinks about Rainbow Six 3 and Counter-Strike (which is coming out in about 4 days for xbox). I want to buy one of these for xbox... and im trying to find out which one will be good. I have played counter-strike for about 4-5 years on the computer and it was a great multiplayer game.. but for xbox live im not sure which one will be just as good. I heard Rainbow six 3 was a good game with fun multiplayer but i never played it yet. So if you could just post on what you think and which one you recomend i should get, it would be great :D

Thanks

JediMasterChief
11-14-2003, 04:14 PM
Although I haven't yet played either of them, it is my opinion that Rainbow Six 3 is probably better, since Counter-Strike is basically a modified port. Both are supposed to be excellent games, but I'm with the Tom Clancy-styled games.

ScottTheKilla
11-14-2003, 05:28 PM
Ok I actually bought rainbow 6 with much anticipation but I have to admit Im not that impressed. Its a good single player game with the voice commands and all ya but the main reason I got it for...online play...is lacking for me. Its very very laggy. Not every game but 80% of the games ive played and that takes away from my ability to enjoy it. Also the fact that I can be up close shooting someone and they dont die but a guy across the way can take me out with a machine gun with a few shots kinda annoys me too lol. I guess thats because they are better at it then me but i seriously dont understand how the hell they are that good that far away with all the recoil. The controls are just a bit sluggish for me to fully enjoy but I guess thats how all rainbow 6 games are so what can i say.

Still a great game and it looks and sounds great but I look more forward to counterstrike...

greendog97
11-14-2003, 07:50 PM
I haven't played either but what I've heard from people and the screens I've seen I'd say Rainbox Six 3.

Ito
11-14-2003, 07:52 PM
Rainbow Six 3. I dunno, I am just not a big fan of counter-strike.

SnoochyBoochy
11-14-2003, 07:56 PM
counter-strike!!! cause i have a huge loserish obsession with the xbox version of this game. i cant wait!!! even though i haven't played RS3 either, I'm sure it's pretty good, with most of the stuff I've heard...

Ford Mustang
11-14-2003, 09:28 PM
I'm probably gonna go with CS. While I have RS, and it's an awesome game, it's not all that I hoped for, really. I hope CS will blow away my expectations. :)

prakeem
11-14-2003, 09:46 PM
I have R63 and was somewhat dissapointed with it. However, CS has never failed me (PC), and from the screens and vids I've seen, CS will be the game that will rock XBL!

BunnyRabbit
11-14-2003, 11:42 PM
I am a BIG fan of FPS games all round. I like em at a certain speed as well. Ghost Recon speed is too slow. Unreal speed is too fast. RTCW hit it just right. As I hear it, RS3 hit it at a fast, but still slow enough to play strategically. Which I like. But CounterStrike is just so much fun. SO simple and loveable. Shoot, kill, camp. All fun in my book.:p

Anyway, Ill say Counter Strike if you have XboxLive and RS3 if you do not. Because Counter Strike without Live and you're out of $50 without much anything to show for it. CS is all about Live play. ALL about it baby.

No Fear 23
11-15-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit
I am a BIG fan of FPS games all round. I like em at a certain speed as well. Ghost Recon speed is too slow. Unreal speed is too fast. RTCW hit it just right. As I hear it, RS3 hit it at a fast, but still slow enough to play strategically. Which I like. But CounterStrike is just so much fun. SO simple and loveable. Shoot, kill, camp. All fun in my book.:p

Anyway, Ill say Counter Strike if you have XboxLive and RS3 if you do not. Because Counter Strike without Live and you're out of $50 without much anything to show for it. CS is all about Live play. ALL about it baby.

RTCW is faster than RS3. but i like unreal too bc of its speed (instagib) and what kill unreal was the framerate issues.

anyway, im a little unsure about CS bc i never played it. i feel that the game is awesome bc of its huge success on PC but still, i feel a little unsure and i will prolly wait this one out. i can say that RS3 is the best game i've played since halo.

SniperPete
11-15-2003, 12:58 AM
CS all the way. I have play RS3. And like they said. It wasnt all it was cracked up to be. Online play was alright. But CS will be where its at. I read in an article today CS is slowed down a little so that strategy may be used instead of 1 rambo whipeing out a whole team. Wich would be nice. any way
CS ALL THE WAY

SKiLLs
11-15-2003, 01:05 AM
Never play RB6 but i know counter-strike will blow it out of the water!

George89
11-15-2003, 09:43 AM
hmmm...I would get Counter-Strike, I played R63 and i was a little disapointed with it:cry:(though i didnt play on live) and Counter-Strike looks much better.

SolidSnakeX
11-15-2003, 10:18 AM
If you want multiplayer action that will last a long time, go with CS. If you want good single player action, go with R63. R63's MP was dissapointing to say the least. This is because R63 only has so many "decent guns" that don't totally suck in MP, as well as the fact that most of the maps aren't too fun to play. CS, however, has very fun maps that are easy to learn, and there are a number of ways to a certain point.

DaRkLoRdX
11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
Counter-Strike 100%

Rainbow got pretty bad ratings

X-Fan
11-15-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by DaRkLoRdX
Counter-Strike 100%

Rainbow got pretty bad ratings
wtf?
where did rs3 get bad ratings?
ign gave it a 9.3 and gamespot gave it a 8.4?its true that cs might be better but u should wait for the reviews first i myself am going to buy one or another but dont paya ttention to supid posts like one i just quoted.

DaRkLoRdX
11-15-2003, 11:00 AM
yea wait for CS reviews then lol

theslayer45
11-15-2003, 10:57 PM
I think im going to have to say get Counter-Strike, and since its the king of all multiplayer games on the pc then its certainly a must buy for me :cool:

lax_defense
11-16-2003, 01:53 AM
I'm pretty intent on getting CS now. My friend just talked to me online about RS3 and he was a little disappointed with it. O well. I guess its CS for me. :)

RagunCajun
11-16-2003, 03:46 AM
Rent both of them or play both of em. Perhaps a friend of yours might have one:).BTW i played R63 and i loved it. Im getting it to play multiplayer on lan.

DOOM
11-16-2003, 07:15 AM
Dude, I Have R63 & It Rocks... Does CS Have A Single Player Mode Like R63?
Thanks!!!:cheers:

DossierX
11-16-2003, 07:50 AM
Why pick one get them both I have RB6 and will get CS too I dont like to limet myself.

SnoochyBoochy
11-16-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by DOOM
Dude, I Have R63 & It Rocks... Does CS Have A Single Player Mode Like R63?
Thanks!!!:cheers:

Counter-Strike's single player mode is just against bots. Remember playing Perfect Dark or Golden Eye against those bots? Well that's the single player in CS, cept way better. I'm assuming. Yeah it will be. Yes... uh huh

ScottTheKilla
11-16-2003, 09:29 AM
Im sorry but single player against bots sucks big time. I cant stand it when games do that....its so stupid. I would have been happier with the condition zero campaign even if it was outdated.
The Soldier of Fortune 2 single play campaign is outdated and looks like crap but the online play is great but still its better then bots.

Counterstrike should be less then $50 since its basically only a online game anyway....bots dont count at all. At the most, $40.....
Unreal Championship came down in price so im sure this will too.

No Fear 23
11-16-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by ScottTheKilla
Im sorry but single player against bots sucks big time. I cant stand it when games do that....its so stupid. I would have been happier with the condition zero campaign even if it was outdated.
The Soldier of Fortune 2 single play campaign is outdated and looks like crap but the online play is great but still its better then bots.

Counterstrike should be less then $50 since its basically only a online game anyway....bots dont count at all. At the most, $40.....
Unreal Championship came down in price so im sure this will too.

yea thats why im going to wait it out for it to drop down to 30-40$

BunnyRabbit
11-16-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

RTCW is faster than RS3. but i like unreal too bc of its speed (instagib) and what kill unreal was the framerate issues.

anyway, im a little unsure about CS bc i never played it. i feel that the game is awesome bc of its huge success on PC but still, i feel a little unsure and i will prolly wait this one out. i can say that RS3 is the best game i've played since halo.

Yea framerate was crazy. In my opinion, Unreal had to be one of the laggiest Live games. How do you suppose the next one will hold-up? I mean with vehicles and everything? The best do some fixins'. I say if you like RTCW and if you like FPS games. Counter Strike is without a good buy for you. I mean it may not have actual Campaign, but RTCW was only as playable as it was because of its LivePlay IMO. Because CS is all about the Live its all good, all fun, MUST GET! :p

Shorezy
11-16-2003, 03:06 PM
One thing that is disappointing about this excellent discussion thread is that fact that alot of these guys havn't even played RS3 and they say CS will blow it out of the water....Ok, now back that up.

I LOVE RS3 and i love CS for PC (even though i don't own it and have only played it at friends' houses). I think CS should be alot of fun and definitely worth the look/play. What's better? lol, to be blunt, who the hey are we to justify that till it comes out? --> and don't say we know because of the PC version...THIS IS ABOX REMEMEBER? Could be completely different.

So as of now, I'm going to say RS3, but when and if i get CS....things could change.

RagunCajun
11-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Yall mentioning bots. Which has bots, CS and/or R63?

Splinter-Seal
11-16-2003, 06:09 PM
Ook, this is ignorant, but out of curiosity, what do you guys mean when you say bots? I have never played Counter Strike, and I don't care for online gaming. So, if this game doesn't have a decent campaign, I'll not buy it. Rainbow 6 III is awsome, I have it, and since purchasing it, I haven't taken it out of my Xbox.

ScottTheKilla
11-16-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Splinter-Seal
Ook, this is ignorant, but out of curiosity, what do you guys mean when you say bots? I have never played Counter Strike, and I don't care for online gaming. So, if this game doesn't have a decent campaign, I'll not buy it. Rainbow 6 III is awsome, I have it, and since purchasing it, I haven't taken it out of my Xbox.

Counterstrike has bots. It was going to have a single player campaign named condition zero but they scrapped it for some reason and made single player with bots. All that means is you basically play single player like you would online except you play against computer controlled opponents. Its totally different then playing computer controlled scripted players in a campaign mission.

If you ever played battlefield 1942 on single player mode then youll know why I dont like bots.

JonTheCanuck
11-16-2003, 07:23 PM
i'd have to say rainbow six 3, i have this game and its awesome. Why would u want a game u've already played on pc for 4-5 years? its gonna be worse on xbox in my opinion. I have a hard time aiming with console controllers.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-16-2003, 07:36 PM
This is a hard one...you can't go wrong not matter what game you pick....i would go for Rainbox six 3

RagunCajun
11-16-2003, 07:46 PM
Damn, i am bumed out. I think not having a campaigne mode kinda blows. Thank you all for telling me this. I didnt know.

Splinter-Seal
11-16-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by ScottTheKilla

Counterstrike has bots. It was going to have a single player campaign named condition zero but they scrapped it for some reason and made single player with bots. All that means is you basically play single player like you would online except you play against computer controlled opponents. Its totally different then playing computer controlled scripted players in a campaign mission.

If you ever played battlefield 1942 on single player mode then youll know why I dont like bots.

Ok, thanks, Scott. However, I'm still a lil fuzzy on this one. Basically you are saying that the single player experience will be similar, if not exactly like the LIVE experience, except you will be playing against A.I.? So, the game really has a single player set-up, just no storyline, etc? Much like Unreal Championship?

Also, I'm gathering that if you do not have LIVE, then there is really no need to buy this game? I have really looked forward to this title. I'm gonna be bummed the hell out if this is not going to be a purchase. :cuss:

sports10
11-16-2003, 08:02 PM
I think RS3 is pretty hard to beat unless of course more levels and guns. But i think its an all around great game but not the best graphics

Unknown444111
11-16-2003, 08:25 PM
yea, i just bought RS3 i think its great, i mean i played CS (PC) for about 4 1/2 years and it just got boring. For xbox it wont be as much fun casue i know the game... For Rs3 you need alot more stratagy

ScottTheKilla
11-16-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Splinter-Seal

Ok, thanks, Scott. However, I'm still a lil fuzzy on this one. Basically you are saying that the single player experience will be similar, if not exactly like the LIVE experience, except you will be playing against A.I.? So, the game really has a single player set-up, just no storyline, etc? Much like Unreal Championship?

Also, I'm gathering that if you do not have LIVE, then there is really no need to buy this game? I have really looked forward to this title. I'm gonna be bummed the hell out if this is not going to be a purchase. :cuss:

Ya with bots is like playing online against the AI...exactly like unreal championship.

About the not having live thing I would pretty much agree. If you dont have live then it wouldnt be worth your money. Not to keep mentioning it but its like buying battlefield 1942 for the single play. Why dont you have live yet anyway? It really is worth it with over 50 live enabled games and growing..

mattgame
11-17-2003, 10:37 AM
RBsix is good for single player and close quarter combat. Counterstrike seems to be the game for online play. I say get both.:D

Brevity
11-17-2003, 02:58 PM
Man this is just the question I was wanting to ask. Thanks for all the great input ppl. I know when I got a chance to call some ppl here the other night, I called 4 ppl and each one of them were playing R6, it really seems to be a great game, I seen a new TV spot for it today, it was the one with the lil girl singing "My country tis of the..." nice.

deophite
11-17-2003, 07:05 PM
rainbow six 3 looks the best to me, but I haven't play it yet.

Peepers
11-17-2003, 07:12 PM
Like many others on these boards, I'm afraid that CS will get the crap hacked out of it and that with in days, 100% headshots will be commonplace. Hopefully that won't happen--probably that won't happen, but there is a significant risk.

SPARTAN VI
11-18-2003, 12:10 AM
I don't care... when was the last time you got popped in the back of the head because you were too busy staring at someone's mangled carcass? I can never get enough of the ragdoll physics, even though that's not the main focus of the game.