PDA

View Full Version : Need help with KOTOR

Wolfboy_888
11-14-2003, 04:10 PM
Ive just started the game (about 7 hours in) and i cant figure out what to do in Tatooine....every time i get to the sand people place those damn turrets blow me to bits...i have the sand people clothes on and everything...and there seems to be no way of getting around the turrets w/o going right through them...help!...p.s. ive not been spotted by the guard sand people when i do this..

thrAsher
11-14-2003, 04:15 PM
Don't get too close to the sandpeeps, they can see right through your costume up close (also, don't talk to 'em until you are approached). Be sure everyone is wearing a sandpeople getup (unless you got a droid(s) w/ you They don't need one).

If that don't work, I can't really help you. Been a while since I got my Jedi on.... :(

ScottTheKilla
11-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Ok a few things...

First make sure everyone in your party is wearing sandpeople clothes and make sure you have the hk robot to translate.

Second there is some sort of bug in the game that causes the turrets to attack you even when you have the clothes on. I forget what I did but it did happen to me first time I attempted to do what youre doing. I think i just restarted from a previous game before I entered the desert. Try that.

Wolfboy_888
11-15-2003, 03:51 PM
yea i just played like 9 hours straight from the beginning...i was going to restart anyways cause at 1st i didnt know whether i was going to be light or dark and i was kinda in the middle on my little Light/Dark line thing... anyways it worked this time and im now at maanan(?) and i just talked to the secret bounty hunter guy...this is getting sweet.....only thing i hate is having to watch those damn cut scenes when you go from 1 planet to the next.

Nameless
11-15-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Wolfboy_888
yea i just played like 9 hours straight from the beginning...i was going to restart anyways cause at 1st i didnt know whether i was going to be light or dark and i was kinda in the middle on my little Light/Dark line thing... anyways it worked this time and im now at maanan(?) and i just talked to the secret bounty hunter guy...this is getting sweet.....only thing i hate is having to watch those damn cut scenes when you go from 1 planet to the next.
Unless you plan on playing through as Dark, I suggest you not do the Bounty Hunter's quest.

OC Noob
11-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Wolfboy_888

Yeah, loading everytime you swoop race is a major pain too, but the game makes up for these minor anoyances.

Wolfboy_888
11-16-2003, 02:31 PM
yea i really dont understand it that if the guy works for the republic why am i gaining darkside points? when im killing rapist and crap you'd think it would be a good thing...also i was banned from ahto city by those damn fish things...sorry i killed your creator...geez...it was by accident to....i thought i had the levels at 4 on that toxic thing...anyways is there any way i can get back in the city?

ScottTheKilla
11-16-2003, 06:20 PM
You could have talked you way out of being banned when the court questions you. You basically need to scare the court into thinking you will turn them in but I forget the exact sentences to say.

JediMasterChief
11-17-2003, 08:56 AM
Does anyone ever consider checking a walkthrough for KotOR? They give you the exact details on what to do.