PDA

View Full Version : CS to support custom soundtracks, no split screen

SnoochyBoochy
11-14-2003, 08:51 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/counterstrike/preview_6078237.html

I haven't seen this one before, in case you guys haven't, I thought it might be of interest.

Cold_As_Ice
11-14-2003, 09:27 PM
Old news is so exciting, especially when you've seen several threads previously exposing this news. ;)

BunnyRabbit
11-14-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Cold_As_Ice
Old news is so exciting, especially when you've seen several threads previously exposing this news. ;)

I didnt hear about this so shutcho mouf. LoL...Custom soundtrack=AWESOME

No split screen? When did people like CS and RTCW decide not to use split-screen. Truly retardedness.

SnoochyBoochy
11-14-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit
No split screen? When did people like CS and RTCW decide not to use split-screen. Truly retardedness.

I think they are trying to lean more towards an online game or LAN game rather than a split screen. I think a split screen would really take down on the strategy of the game, I know my brother is a nasty screen cheater... meh.

Anyway I have live now so I'm happy with no splitty.

Cold_As_Ice
11-14-2003, 09:48 PM
I just hope at a later date that they include the maps Back Alley, and Oil Rig. Those are some of my favorite maps in 1.6 CS Steam on PC.

As for Custom Soundtrack, I know I won't be using this very much, if at all, in this game. Part of the game-play is listening to footsteps and other ambient sounds that give you a good idea of where on the map other players are located.

:o

prakeem
11-14-2003, 09:48 PM
Custom soundtraks will me most welcome. Interesting to see that a shotter will support this. It should work out very well! Although I am a bit dissapointed that there will be no split screen, I guess it's fading out in the industry..... :cry:

SnoochyBoochy
11-14-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Cold_As_Ice
As for Custom Soundtrack, I know I won't be using this very much, if at all, in this game. Part of the game-play is listening to footsteps and other ambient sounds that give you a good idea of where on the map other players are located.

Very true. I was thinking the same thing, actually. I'll turn the music volume all the way down when I play.

BunnyRabbit
11-14-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by SnoochyBoochy

I think they are trying to lean more towards an online game or LAN game rather than a split screen. I think a split screen would really take down on the strategy of the game, I know my brother is a nasty screen cheater... meh.

Yea, but I got like 8 friends I wanna own in that game. Only one of them has live. Hopefully I can at east system link snd play them.

Also, as of custom soundtracks...They will be in my use Offline and while waiting in game online or in spectatot or something. Custom Soundtrack will serve good use.

Duke
11-15-2003, 10:09 AM
Almost absolutely sure there is system link. I know I've read that it does, but can't seem to find it now.

DaRkLoRdX
11-15-2003, 10:21 AM
With music on you wont be able to hear if an enemy is coming by am i right?

SnoochyBoochy
11-15-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
Almost absolutely sure there is system link. I know I've read that it does, but can't seem to find it now.

It's in the article that is linked in this thread. It will have system link support.

cybrdude
11-15-2003, 09:20 PM

Very true. I was thinking the same thing, actually. I'll turn the music volume all the way down when I play.

Very good point.. 5.1 sound RULES...

But I do love custom soundtracks.. Making it an option was cool.. Better than no option.

Late.

lax_defense
11-16-2003, 01:59 AM
NO SPLIT SCREEN! COME ON! WHAT!? THAT REALLY SUCKS... A LOT! Well, I guess Im not getting CS anymore. ****** VALVE! WILL YOU NEVER LEARN?

Duke
11-16-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by lax_defense
NO SPLIT SCREEN! COME ON! WHAT!? THAT REALLY SUCKS... A LOT! Well, I guess Im not getting CS anymore. ****** VALVE! WILL YOU NEVER LEARN?

Counterstrike was and always will be a primarily online game. I guess split screen would have been alright, but I would use it so rarely that that's the least of my questions about this game.

It really doesn't seem to be that hard of thing to add as far as adding things goes, though.

RagunCajun
11-16-2003, 03:37 AM
Anybody ever thought that technicly it is good to have split screen. Maybe the frame rate would drop too much or something like that. Perhaps the best gaming experience or a descent on can only be obtained in a full screen 1 player mode.

Dark Enemy
11-16-2003, 03:38 AM
Even if its gonna be played online they should add split screen for people who arent able to go online or system link

RagunCajun
11-16-2003, 03:49 AM
Good point.

I like the idea of a custom sound track idea. Sometimes i like to turn the music up on the highest setting and the gun noise on low then jam out while i die. It's fun.

SnoochyBoochy
11-16-2003, 08:12 AM
I think the actual in game sound effects are really important in this game... I don't know how many people will be using the custom soundtracks when they really should be listening to footsteps or instructions from their teammates.

BunnyRabbit
11-16-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn

Counterstrike was and always will be a primarily online game. I guess split screen would have been alright, but I would use it so rarely that that's the least of my questions about this game.

It really doesn't seem to be that hard of thing to add as far as adding things goes, though.

Exactly, the same with me. I more up on looking forward to it's Live Play rather than splitscreen. Ill take a full screen and go against 15 rather split against 3.

Oh and Rajun Cajun...Im with you on that as well. Ill be uppin' on my music when im not in serious game mode. Especially if you die first thing into the round and it lasts like 5 more mins. Watch your teamies die while jammin to your tunes...Nah whud im sayan?!

BananaMan
11-16-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
Good point.

I like the idea of a custom sound track idea. Sometimes i like to turn the music up on the highest setting and the gun noise on low then jam out while i die. It's fun.

If you buy this game and you don't have Live, you will be bored out of your mind. Because playing bots gets very old, very fast because they use the same tactics everytime. If it did have split screen and you could play with four players where's the fun in that? System link sounds good though. 4 vs 4

RagunCajun
11-16-2003, 05:56 PM
Yeah i know bots get old. But at the moment i dont have XBL, so bots will do. I've never played CS before so bots will be fun. My buds are geting CS so system linking is gonna be awsome. Theres nothing like geting drunk and playing a FPS game. I'm not too formilur with CS but i noticed u can free rome when u die and what not. I think thats awsome.

SniperPete
11-16-2003, 10:16 PM
This kinda put sure thery of no split downt he drain snooch. Pulled this of EB website today. Improve your skills in single player Skirmishes or play co-op matches with your friends against the Counter-Strike AI Bots. Via split screen play.

RagunCajun
11-17-2003, 01:39 AM
ill guess we will see in 1 day.

SnoochyBoochy
11-17-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by SniperPete
This kinda put sure thery of no split downt he drain snooch. Pulled this of EB website today. Improve your skills in single player Skirmishes or play co-op matches with your friends against the Counter-Strike AI Bots. Via split screen play.

ooh... hmm well it ships tomorrow but I won't see my copy til Friday... :mad: i should just buy mine from Wal Mart on thursday, even though I will be paying more...

mattgame
11-17-2003, 09:11 AM

I like it. As a matter of fact, I love it! I hate split screen for the same reason, screen watching. I said before I want to smoke people to some hot tunes. It's on baby!