PDA

View Full Version : XSN still sucks

Casper
11-15-2003, 02:39 AM
Man, this is retarded. I went out and bought Linkx today, thinking a few of us from the DDC would run some matches and maybe some tourneys. Low and behold, after going through all the bullcrap to sign up (I hate the .Net passport concept) I come to find out that you can only start leagues in Fever....FEVER?!? That's it? This can't be, because with Inside Drive, Top Spin and Links, everything should be set on launch and then you can setup a match on the first day.....right?

.......right?

Crap, why is it taking them so long? Why did they both with this push if they don't want to keep up with it?

# 1 Stunner
11-15-2003, 07:23 AM
one reason why i dont mess with XSN sports, there weak, they got good ideas they just have to captalize on them..

DaRkLoRdX
11-15-2003, 09:48 AM
ive seen a league i think in topspin

they have a toruny of 32 ppl

Duke
11-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Lame. Still worth picking it up though Casper? It's Saturday and raining so I was thinking about doing my golfing indoors.

BunnyRabbit
11-15-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
one reason why i dont mess with XSN sports, there weak, they got good ideas they just have to captalize on them..

But some are good right? I mean like Amped 2 thats XSN aint it?
Right now Amped2 is the number one game for XSN im going for and it best be good. IT BEST BE GOOD@@@!!!

Casper
11-15-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
Lame. Still worth picking it up though Casper? It's Saturday and raining so I was thinking about doing my golfing indoors.

Definitely!!! Get it, it's great and smooth.

Teetime seems to be at 10pm EST - once I get done with my work. Skeez was supposed to help, but he's MIA so I gotta do this crap solo. Not looking forward to installing 20 lines of Cat5 by myself, but whatever.

Me, you, Chaotic, and Skeez...get the and get some practice in, it's a freakin awesome golf game.

Chaotic
11-15-2003, 11:59 AM
yea, i agree with casper. This game is amazing, best golf game i have ever played. Duke pick it up and get some practice in and start unlocking some stuff. My only complaint is the trees sometimes look really bad when real far away, otherwise everything else is flawless. Custom sound tracks are a great feature for this game, and you gotta love the automatic slow motion replay and motion blur of the ball when you crush it off the tee :yikes: and the explosion of the ball off the club head..

Ruined
11-16-2003, 02:57 PM
Yeh Links is the best franchise IMO. EA can eat it with offline TW2004.

CrazyCougar
11-17-2003, 01:13 PM
XSN is still in the beta with Fever. The official launch is November 18th when all games will be playable on XSN. Once XSN is up and running, you'll be able to play games on XSN when they come out.

(Oh my gawd I just kinda defended MS! Hell is going to freeze over!)

Tim
11-17-2003, 02:14 PM
From what I have read, XSN is going to be sweet when it is up and running tomorrow. We will be able to have tournaments with XBA only members up to 32 peeps. How cool is that? It will give us a chance to meet one another online with voice chat.

In fact, I'll set one up tomorrow if we have enought interested members here.

Casper
11-18-2003, 03:20 PM
And today, XSN was supposed to be live, but yet, it's still not up.

This is irritating. I wanted to make a kick ass tournament for us here and at the DDC, but yet, I'm not getting what I paid for - the XSN label should not have been on the games if we weren't going to get their service.

Sheeyt
11-18-2003, 03:39 PM
Patients isn't one of your strong suits, now is it?

Chaotic
11-18-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by TheRightIsRight

Definatly not :eek:

Kraft
11-18-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by TheRightIsRight

And obviously spelling isn't one of your strong suits... (see: patience). Either way, MS is getting into the bad habit of promising stuff and then showing up with it late, just like the new XBL site and the new dashboard. Both were welcome additions, but both were behind schedule. I agree casp, MS is actually starting to get some good games under the XSN banner, so it is time for them to get their ass in gear.

LynxFX
11-18-2003, 03:50 PM
Didn't know Links was such a good game. I was kinda holding out for Outlaw Golf 2, but may have to give Links another look.

MS has been lollydagging a lot lately. Along with that, they have had a bunch of missed opportunities. One being doing something huge on the 15th. What the hell happened with that?

At least their advertising seems to be in full force now. That was their biggest problem last year. This year however they are everywhere, and the commercials are pretty good as well.

Kraft
11-18-2003, 03:52 PM
Especially Ubi's Rainbow Six 3 commercial... Even if you don't want that game at all that commercial would almost make you pick it up.

FragMaster B
11-18-2003, 04:22 PM
I've been holding out for OG2 as well. After talking to my buddy today tho and now reading this, I'm gonna give Links a rent. Got all my bros coming in for T-giving and golf games are great for a crowd. Been wanting to check out that XSN... had no idea it wasn't even really "on" yet.

I hear Top Spin is a must have too. Not really interested in Tennis all that much, but again, I'll prob give it a rent next week. Does Top Spin support 2 on 2 (2 on 1 box) over live?

MerimacHamwich
11-18-2003, 05:26 PM
I just realised how cool Links could be with XSN. The XBAPGA!

CC-CRC
11-18-2003, 07:31 PM
Ok Xsn needs a couple of things to make it good. One In Fever, they need to have all of the peopel show up on a "leauge buddy list" so you dont have to manually enter all of the peoples names. and they should make you be able to schedual games. so that people who play lets say play every Saturday at 5 or whatever.

Casper
11-19-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I just realised how cool Links could be with XSN. The XBAPGA!

Bingo! This is what I've had in mind. Basically, our first tourney will be the DDC Invitational, then the DDC Open, then the XBA Open and the top people could play in the XBAGA, no P for Playaz :)

But yeah, this is going to be a great tool...if it ever gets off the ground.

CrazyCougar
11-19-2003, 01:36 AM
XSN is up and running as of 2:30 AM EST.

Dark Enemy
11-19-2003, 04:59 AM
Casper i dont know how to play golf and i dont know the rules. Do you think its a good game even if you dont know the sport?

Casper
11-19-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Dark Enemy
Casper i dont know how to play golf and i dont know the rules. Do you think its a good game even if you dont know the sport?

Yea, actually, it's not that hard to learn, you just have to get used to the distances that each club hits. If you ever plan on succeeding in the corporate world, golf is a must learn :)

I setup the tourney and have invited CrazyCougar, Chaotic, Nick-XBA, Maximus-XBA, DZ, and Little Caesar. It's setup for 8, so if anyone else wants in, let me know. It starts this Friday night.

Tim
11-19-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA

Yea, actually, it's not that hard to learn, you just have to get used to the distances that each club hits. If you ever plan on succeeding in the corporate world, golf is a must learn :)

I setup the tourney and have invited CrazyCougar, Chaotic, Nick-XBA, Maximus-XBA, DZ, and Little Caesar. It's setup for 8, so if anyone else wants in, let me know. It starts this Friday night.

Casper - Is this one a DDC thing? Are you going to be the commissiner for a XBA Tournament also? I would be interested in this. My character is Intermidiate. Thanks.

Casper
11-19-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Tim

Casper - Is this one a DDC thing? Are you going to be the commissiner for a XBA Tournament also? I would be interested in this. My character is Intermidiate. Thanks.

Yeah, I'm starting this off with DDC for now, but anyone that wants in, is in. I'll send you an invite if your registered with XSN so I can just send by Gamertag.

As for XBA, once I get the knack for everything, I'll be doing it for here too - with the help of CrazyCougar I would imagine.

treyz3
11-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Are you going to get a review of Links up anytime soon? And if you are, will you cover the XSN features that it supports? I liked Tiger last year, but was giving Links a serious look this year. Sounds like fun, but I'm on a tight game budget now... :(

Casper
11-19-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by treyz3
Are you going to get a review of Links up anytime soon? And if you are, will you cover the XSN features that it supports? I liked Tiger last year, but was giving Links a serious look this year. Sounds like fun, but I'm on a tight game budget now... :(

Maximus is going to review it, but I will highly recommend it over Tiger Woods, especially for the XSN aspect of the game now. There's only 3 game modes for the tournaments right now, but that will change.

This is going to take up a bunch of time :)

treyz3
11-19-2003, 11:07 AM
Thanks. I might have to just suck it up and tell my wife's boss that they need to get it at the video store she works at. Then I can check it out for free. :D

Or I could actually pay to rent it somewhere else.

Chaotic
11-19-2003, 01:02 PM
yea, it's a great game.

And i will be the champ :p :cheers:

Chaotic
11-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Tim

I would imagine casper would let you play. I don't think we have 8 players, register over at DDCLIVE.com and check it out. I think LC was gonna post some info about the league.

borka105
11-19-2003, 02:40 PM
hey casper, i got a question. It seems that over at xsn, all the games are set to play at 11:59 p.m. PST.

which is like 3 a.m. eastern time.....

anyway to change the time of the games.....?

thanks

-borka105

Chaotic
11-19-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by borka105
hey casper, i got a question. It seems that over at xsn, all the games are set to play at 11:59 p.m. PST.

which is like 3 a.m. eastern time.....

anyway to change the time of the games.....?

thanks

-borka105

Borka , the only person that can change the times is the host of the tourney. You cannot change them.

borka105
11-19-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage-DDC

Borka , the only person that can change the times is the host of the tourney. You cannot change them.

thanks, but that doesn't answer my question....

I wanted to know why all the games were set to that time, and whether or not the creator can change them......?

-borka105

Casper
11-19-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by borka105

thanks, but that doesn't answer my question....

I wanted to know why all the games were set to that time, and whether or not the creator can change them......?

-borka105

From what I saw, you can't yet, but that just means that starting the next day you can start playing whenever you want. There still seems to be a few bugs, mainly that I can't change my match size from 8 to 16 without cancelling the whole thing.

But beware, we have 8 slots full for the 1st ever DDC Open and I have a big announcement coming from Little Caesar about the DDC Pro Tour :)

No Fear 23
11-19-2003, 09:44 PM
u know golf is my ****. i made it to regionals this year for high school golf, but miss it by 2 strokes for state qualification individually. ******, should'nt have took the driver on the 14th hole hitting it too far into the water hazard. cost me 2 strokes and ended up with a 74. stroke avg was 38.9 for 9 holes. lowest score for 9 was 33, and lowest score for 18 was 67 this year on my high school team (ok im done braggin) :cheers:

anyway, i know my ****, when i get this game, i'll give u 5 mulligans. :D but im sure all u ppl can beat me since its a game that is doing all the mental work for u :cuss:

MerimacHamwich
11-19-2003, 10:32 PM
To anyone interested I started the XBA Amped 2 league. I called it the XBA Open and nicknamed it the Hamwich Invitational, seeing as you have to be invited by me to enter.

Head over to the thread in the XSN Sports discussion to find out more details.