PDA

View Full Version : I have PGR2 - merged

Plewis
11-15-2003, 04:42 PM
So, I get a call today from a game store (don't want to get them sued, I've accidently done it before when I got XBL early...) that I preordered PGR2 from and they said they had my game, so I go and pick it up. Take it home and rip of the plastic and I see on the game there's a sticker that says "Do not sell until Nov. 18 2003." I check my cell phone and it says the 15th. Wow, I got another game early. So I thought I'd give you guys a basic synopsis of the game a few days early.

The graphics- I don't think they are much better than PGR, however they are an improvement

Gameplay- Pretty much the same, I got the hang of it in a minute.

Audio- Again we get the custom cd mode, and the original soundtrack has tons of selectionis

The menu system and setup is the only real change. It seems more sleek, and different. I still don't understand it very well, and it seems earning kudos has changed a little bit.

A great add on was the garage and showroom features. It's very different and you even get to test drive most of the cars beforehand.

Also, there is a butt-load of cars.

I'll be back tommorow with a more in-depth review, but that's all I got for you know

MerimacHamwich
11-15-2003, 04:44 PM
XBA has had a review since the beginning of November.

Casper
11-15-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
XBA has had a review since the beginning of November.

That's correct sir :D

And btw, for whomever said I rated that high and complained that alot of the XBA reviews are high (read: Borka) just take a look at the TXB review - they gave it the same dam thing....

While I'm still new at reviews and all, I just wish people would rather critique me than question my opinions...but whatever, it's still the best racer that's been out so far IMO.

TOMMY_TROJAN
11-15-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
So, I get a call today from a game store (don't want to get them sued, I've accidently done it before when I got XBL early...) that I preordered PGR2 from and they said they had my game, so I go and pick it up. Take it home and rip of the plastic and I see on the game there's a sticker that says "Do not sell until Nov. 18 2003." I check my cell phone and it says the 15th. Wow, I got another game early. So I thought I'd give you guys a basic synopsis of the game a few days early.

The graphics- I don't think they are much better than PGR, however they are an improvement

Gameplay- Pretty much the same, I got the hang of it in a minute.

Audio- Again we get the custom cd mode, and the original soundtrack has tons of selectionis

The menu system and setup is the only real change. It seems more sleek, and different. I still don't understand it very well, and it seems earning kudos has changed a little bit.

A great add on was the garage and showroom features. It's very different and you even get to test drive most of the cars beforehand.

Also, there is a butt-load of cars.

I'll be back tommorow with a more in-depth review, but that's all I got for you know

A lot of people have been getting this early. I got my copy yesterday and a couple of my friends got it today. The store said that once one store let it go early, they decided to do the same.

Cloud Strife
11-15-2003, 07:43 PM
I saw the game today when I was at Best Buy. I want to buy it but I have to save my money for DDR Ultramix, since I really must have that game now. PGR still remains my favorite racing game of all time and I know PGR2 will top that. That's another game that makes me feel bad for not having XBL.

Trento52
11-15-2003, 08:12 PM
I will give Project Gotham Racing another try but i just didn't like it i felt bored. It is a good game though. I think they should of named it something better because people think it is a batman game by the gotham name in it.

dances with broom sticks
11-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Cloud Strife
I saw the game today when I was at Best Buy. I want to buy it but I have to save my money for DDR Ultramix, since I really must have that game now. PGR still remains my favorite racing game of all time and I know PGR2 will top that. That's another game that makes me feel bad for not having XBL.

I cant wait to play this game, especially since my friend lost my pgr1 :cuss:

RichVGS
11-15-2003, 08:54 PM
So much for the "firm" release date. It didn't work with Midtown Madness 3 and it didn't work again here. I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'll be looking for it tomorrow.

BananaMan
11-15-2003, 09:02 PM
since everyone is getting their copy early, do you think that they will do the same with counter-strike?:D

No Fear 23
11-15-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by BananaMan
since everyone is getting their copy early, do you think that they will do the same with counter-strike?:D

or halo 2 :D

BananaMan
11-15-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

or halo 2 :D :cheers: :cheers:

cybrdude
11-15-2003, 10:33 PM
PGR2 is in some stores.. Call you local E*... Gonna eat and play this game..

Late..

Unreal
11-15-2003, 11:30 PM
I tried finding it today and to no luck. I guess I will wait till this week sometime :)

Loop
11-15-2003, 11:36 PM
I think I will pick up PGR2 this week too...seems like a good racer.

lax_defense
11-16-2003, 01:55 AM
Do you know if this whole getting the PGR 2 early thing is only for preorders? If it aint, I might be able to check ot EB tomorrow...

Dark Enemy
11-16-2003, 03:45 AM
My girlfriend saw it at walmart today. And i heard eb and toysrus are putting it out early

robnyack
11-16-2003, 09:32 AM
can you tune your car at all?

if not, the game is going to be in for some serious competition.

RichVGS
11-16-2003, 02:49 PM
Like I said in an earlier post, so much for Xbox's attempt at having a "firm" release date of Nov. 18th. It didn't work for Midtown Madness 3 and it didn't work for PG2.

cybrdude
11-16-2003, 02:52 PM
I know.. But apparently if one store slips, they all slip.. Works for me.. If the game is ready, ship it to customers...

BTW: This game rocks.. Improvements in every single dept.. Graphics, Sound, Controls, UI, Cars, the addition of XBL, etc, etc, etc..

Late..

Tomcatm16
11-16-2003, 03:01 PM
Project Gotham Racing was the second game I got for xbox. I will be getting the next game as soon as I can. I want this game the first was great.:cool:

cybrdude
11-16-2003, 03:03 PM
This game is worth the wait..

The graphics improvement is really nice. The lighting is very good and track textures are crisp and sharp. Alot of changes are subtle but make a huge difference.. The sense of realism is everywhere. Car models are "AWESOME.. Just like the screenshots (I use 480P on a LCD display via HDTV to VGA adapter). The game features more tracks and cool interface and you are always connected to LIVE. All of your single player scores are automatically uploaded to XBL and shows your ranking in the world for that track and car.

Online play is sweet. They give you a few cars from each car class so you can compete even if you have not unlocked all cars yet.

If you LOVED PGR you will LOVE PGR2..

Late.

cybrdude
11-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Tomcatm16
Project Gotham Racing was the second game I got for xbox. I will be getting the next game as soon as I can. I want this game the first was great.:cool:

Call EB NOW!!

PGR was my 3rd XBOX game, behind Halo and DOA3.. Loved the game too..

Late.

Tomcatm16
11-16-2003, 03:16 PM
I am not that desperate so I will get it when it is available. Thanks for the offering though, but I don't even have live yet.

Nyphur
11-16-2003, 04:08 PM
i've got the game, its really great over XBC, seeing all your mates tarting around in their mini coopers, then you go spanking past in your porsche boxster.

love that game

CarGuy
11-17-2003, 06:47 AM
This looks like the best racer on the XBox. I own PGR2 and it's amazing. For the first time the sounds of the cars are dead on. I'm sure Gran Turismo 4 will be much better, but there's really not much i can do about that.

mattgame
11-17-2003, 09:20 AM
I got mine Saturday from my job, EBGames. It was not to be sold until the 18th but one store sold it so the rest are allowed to sell when that happens. It is improved over the last one. I think the graphics are beautiful, I think the cars are spectacular and the even the background looks detailed. They did an amazing thing with the reflections and lighting.

Plewis
11-19-2003, 04:32 PM
The only thing I don't like is that it's much easier than the first one. I'm already half way through the game pretty much and I've only played it about 10 hours. Maybe it's just because I was really good at the PGR... I did achieve the perfect run on multiple occasions....

The lighting is amazing. You can see the sun and the shadows go perfect with the alignment of the sun.... and when the sun reflects off the back of your car.... it's sweet.

Peepers
11-19-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
The only thing I don't like is that it's much easier than the first one. I'm already half way through the game pretty much and I've only played it about 10 hours. Maybe it's just because I was really good at the PGR... I did achieve the perfect run on multiple occasions....

The lighting is amazing. You can see the sun and the shadows go perfect with the alignment of the sun.... and when the sun reflects off the back of your car.... it's sweet.

Oh good thing it is easier! The first one was to hard for my style of instant-gratification gaming.:cool:

No Fear 23
11-19-2003, 09:35 PM
tell me, how does it run on live?

DocHoliday78
11-19-2003, 10:09 PM
I am gonna wait and ask for it for X-mas. Like No Fear said how is it online? I know about the ghost function that lets you race against other peoples best time to see how they did it.

mattgame
11-20-2003, 09:09 AM
I don't know about online but it ran good on 4 player split screen. I'm gonna try system link later on today.

silvertrace
11-20-2003, 09:37 AM
it runs very smooth online

i recommend it to anyone who had the first........

racing with 8 cars is surprisingly fun:cheers:

Peepers
11-20-2003, 07:58 PM
Has anyone played the "Geometry Wars" easter egg? Xbox Nation did a story about it several editions ago, and I was wondering if it was as good as they thought. Apparently, it started out as an exhibition of PGR2's particle effects engine.