PDA

View Full Version : Xbox DVD Drives

T-FiNGeR
11-16-2003, 12:19 AM
Lately I have been reading lots of threads about how "thomson" dvd drives REALLY suck compared to other xbox. I myself have a "thomson" drive and I havent had problems with it, I was just wondering HOW MUCH are the "thomson" dvd drives different compared to the other 2 drives? Also I have Halo and my disk is REally scratched, and now for some levels the loading bar goes backwards!, I have always thought this was because of the disk but I have heard it is because of the drive, wat is the truth? One last thing, do the "thomson" drives ever create a "slow down" during gameplay?, ex: GTA 3. I have noticed that around areas of lots of "activity" there is a "slow down" in the game-play, I thought this was just the frame-rates but now I am wondering! Anybody also have a "thomson drive" and had any problems?!:huh:

T-FiNGeR
11-16-2003, 12:42 AM
Any1 know?

prakeem
11-16-2003, 01:16 AM
I'm not sure about the problems that you are having. I have had my Thompson Xbox for about a year now and I never had a problem yet. I also have a 2 year replacment warrenty for my Xbox, so I should be good for at least another year!

Hero
11-17-2003, 10:08 AM
my drive is starting to makes funny noises..it stops loading sometimes.. and when is start it up it wont open till i press it a second time.

Yankeez
11-17-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Hero
my drive is starting to makes funny noises..it stops loading sometimes.. and when is start it up it wont open till i press it a second time.

death is just around the corner

but if my xbox died id just buy one from walmart and throw the crappy one in the box and return it :)

BananaMan
11-17-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez

death is just around the corner

but if my xbox died id just buy one from walmart and throw the crappy one in the box and return it :)

that sounds like a good idea lol