PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 console online games?

AlBoogy
11-16-2003, 09:39 AM
With the fun Ive been having lately on xbox live with R63 & RTCW I started thinking if it was the BEST times Ive had playig online console games? I have never taken the ps2 online so I only have 2 platforms to base my opinions on. My Xbox & DC.

My #5 choice: Unreal Tournament (DC). Even with the bad framrate problems the game still played fast & fun. Some of the best multiplayer maps Ive played on.

#4 choice: PSO (DC, XBOX). I did get it for both but I got the most out of it on DC. The game was so repetitive but why did it keep calling me back for more? Seeing "Special Weapon" pop up on your screen, thats what! Duping & hacking eventually made me shy away.

#3 choice: NFL2K1 (DC). The game that began it all for Seganet. The gameplay was great. Graphics were great for its time. Finally you can show you really DO kick ass in football. Online leagues were started & helped an already fun game be even better.

#2 choice: Return To Castle Wolfenstien (XBox). The first time I ever saw a Teabag! LMAO. The gameplay was fast & has a strong emphasis on teamwork. Hurt? Ask a medic for health. Out of ammo? " I need, I need, I need ammo". I feel its still the only XBox game that does online play the right way.

#1 choice: Quake 3 Arena (DC). Before that point, FPS were absolutely my LEAST favorite genre. But after playing it online, I was hooked & it made it my fave. The guns were cool, gameplay was fast, you could taunt & you could use mouse & keyboard (if you could get your hands on a mouse). This game gave me the most sleepless nights then all the others. I wish they would port it but I know thats not going to happen.

Im interested to see what games you guys had a blast playing with on your consoles & if you agree with some of my choices.

-AVE|\|GER-
11-16-2003, 10:05 AM
my faves are

PSO (dc)
and
Halo of course

TOMMY_TROJAN
11-16-2003, 11:19 AM
i havent played too many online console games except for the xbox. My favorites on the xbox have been unreal championship (even though it did have its problems), Rainbow six 3, (i love the cooperative missions online), ESPN Football (it one of the best online sports games in my opinion), and Project Gotham Racing 2 (PGR2 is my favorite out of all of those. I can't believe what a good job microsoft did with this game. I just can't stop playing it!)

BananaMan
11-16-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by -AVE|\|GER-
my faves are

PSO (dc)
and
Halo of course

halo isn't online,YET

blonks
11-16-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by BananaMan

halo isn't online,YET

XBconnect

Cloud Strife
11-16-2003, 12:05 PM
PSO (DC, GC, and Xbox)
Amplitude (PS2)
ATV Offroad Fury 2 (PS2)
Bomberman Online (DC)
Capcom vs. SNK 2 E.O. (Xbox)

gerbil
11-16-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by blinx

XBconnect

hehehehe :D

the only online game that i've played and was playing is QUAKE 3 but that was for PC ...

but my all time favorite game for online game for a console is ...
HALO

.. i haven't figure out the rest. :D

Ninja Scroll
11-16-2003, 01:59 PM
I would say ESPN NFL2K4, but it has too many online bugs to da point dat it's not fun anymore.
I cant remember da last time I was able to finish a complete game.:cry:

Most online games suckas cheat, so dat spoils da fun factor there.
And not to meantion slowdowns.

I think Halo2 will be da end all be all. So until then I dont really even have a favorite even though I have a dozen online games from da Dreamcast dayz, and atleast a half dozen on my Xbox.

Im really interested to see how Ninja Gaiden & Splinter Cell2 will turn out online.

BananaMan
11-16-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by blinx

XBconnect

yeah but i think he means true online not taking advantage of system link:p

AlBoogy
11-16-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
I would say ESPN NFL2K4, but it has too many online bugs to da point dat it's not fun anymore.
I cant remember da last time I was able to finish a complete game.:cry:

Most online games suckas cheat, so dat spoils da fun factor there.
And not to meantion slowdowns.

I think Halo2 will be da end all be all. So until then I dont really even have a favorite even though I have a dozen online games from da Dreamcast dayz, and atleast a half dozen on my Xbox.

Im really interested to see how Ninja Gaiden & Splinter Cell2 will turn out online.

Im willing to bet both those games will only have dl content or some sort of leaderboard.

Ninja Scroll
11-16-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

Im willing to bet both those games will only have dl content or some sort of leaderboard.

You maybe right about Gaiden as Tecmo is still not talkin.
As for Splinter Cell2: Pandora's Tomorrow UbiSoft already announced it will be a playable online game for Xbox, and dat other over hype market leading underpower trash of a console. :D NAW MEAN!?:cheers:

bobby9989
11-16-2003, 04:13 PM
My favorites are:
RS3
SOCOM 1 & 2 (PS2)
Starcraft, Diablo 2, and Warcraft (PC)

RagunCajun
11-16-2003, 05:50 PM
halo on xbc.

Shadow20002
11-16-2003, 07:59 PM
Halo is definitely my choice. :)

Kortiz
11-16-2003, 08:09 PM
On PC it is Everquest.

On Console, my top five are: Blank, Blank, Crimson Skies, ESPN NFL Football, and Rainbow Six: 3.

gerbil
11-16-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Halo is definitely my choice. :)

good choice!! :D

No Fear 23
11-16-2003, 09:52 PM
Based on the only games i've played online.

5)Midnight club 2
4)GR/GR:IT
3)unreal championship
2)RTCW
1)Rainbow six:3

yea, those are the only live games i've played. i wasnt that big of a gamer until xbox.

im looking to get Counterstrike, PGR2, and links 2004. problem is i dont have enough money to get all of it. boo :cry:

anyway, RS3 should last me through out the year of ppl stays on that game

MerimacHamwich
11-16-2003, 10:55 PM
1) Rainbow Six 3
2) Amped 2
3) MotoGP
4) Unreal Championship

I either haven't played the others or don't think they are worth mentioning.

Koopa
11-16-2003, 11:25 PM
PC-starcraft, warcraft3, counter-strike (the game that started my online gaming career), and battlefield 1942

Console-rainbow six 3, crimson skies, and uh...unreal maybe

mattgame
11-17-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

The next Splinter Cell is gonna be multiplayer so it should be more than that. I don't know about NG.

deophite
11-17-2003, 07:06 PM
1 PGR2
2 Crimson Skies
3 NFL Fever 2004
4 Mech Assault
5 Unreal Champ

LTM360
11-17-2003, 07:54 PM
1. Rainbow Six 3
2. Return to Castle Wolfienstein: Tides of War
3. Rogue Spear
4. Unreal Championship
5. Rainbow Six (Original)

The Jackal
11-17-2003, 08:49 PM
1. Rainbow Six 3
2. Moto GP2
3. Top Spin
4. Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
5. Capcom vs SNK 2 (only because it's the only fighting online and i love that)

l Maximus l
11-17-2003, 09:03 PM
1. Halo on XBConnect...by far. Eventhough the host has a clear advantage due to carrying a zero ping, there's nothing like smoking a host at their own game. :D

2. Rainbow Six: 3. This is, in my opinion, the best game on XBox Live to date. Though, it's also my opinion that FPSs rock and are my favorite genre.

3. Links 2004. This game is golden and gets better and better as I get better and better :D Man, I'm so happy I bought this game. If you don't own it and you remotely enjoy Tiger Woods PGA Tour...prepare to brace yourself when you actually play a real man's golf game known as Links 2004.

4. Ghost Recon/Ghost Recon: Island Thunder. I have put several amazing hours into this game and have enjoyed the hell out of it. Teaming up with some fellow members of The DDC and members of the best damn XBox fansite on the net: XBoxaddict.com, has made this an incredible experience.

5. MotoGP/MotoGP2. Amazing game and extremely addicting. The sequel is even better.

I would mention more and this could easily be altered, however, I haven't played a lot of the new XBL games yet...but, I'm getting there. I look forward to getting Crimson Skies, PGR2, Amped 2, and Counter-Strike very very very soon :)

X-Fan
11-18-2003, 05:31 AM
ghost recon island thunder
rtcw
rs3
motogp
tetris worlds live

AlBoogy
11-18-2003, 09:20 AM
Im surprised to see no one has mentioned any Dreamcast games. I always thought most hardcore xbox gamers came over from the dc.

ScottTheKilla
11-19-2003, 02:48 AM
My current favorite online console games are...

Soldier of Fortune 2
Crimson Skies
Rainbow Six 3
Unreal Championship

I just bought counterstrike for $34.99 so im sure that will become one of my favorites also.