PDA

View Full Version : This is crazy!!!

DaRkLoRdX
11-16-2003, 03:48 PM
I bought Top Spin yesterday. I wanted to return it because someone else had already gotten it for me. So I call back to check ( I have the reciept, Box+manuels and cd all perfect no scrathes mint condition) and i ask them if i can trade it in for another game. Guess what they tell me? "You can trade it in for store credit 10 dollars". This is complete BS. How can you say that if the person bought it the day before, and they have the reciept and everything, and all they did was tear off the plastic, plus they bought it for 50 wopping dollars. 50 dollars doesnt come easy. they think they can rip us off just like that. they should change their policies. 10 dollars...wow...cheap bast***. i cant beleive this. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

AlBoogy
11-16-2003, 03:52 PM
If you sold a twinkie to someone and they opened the wrapper but decided they didnt want to eat it anymore. Would you take it back?

DaRkLoRdX
11-16-2003, 03:54 PM
a TWINKIE and a BOX are 2 extremely different things.

Nyphur
11-16-2003, 03:55 PM
erm, whats to stop people buying the game, taking it homw, copying it, then taking it back.

nothing

thats what theyre protecting themselves against

AlBoogy
11-16-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by DaRkLoRdX
a TWINKIE and a BOX are 2 extremely different things.

Maybe so, but the concept isnt. You cant expect a store to take back an open item otherwise we will have more of these gamestop/EB debacles where you think youre buying a new game but you arent.

jelgiad
11-16-2003, 03:59 PM
just return the other un-opened one when you get it

DaRkLoRdX
11-16-2003, 03:59 PM
so lets say u go out and buy steel batallion, and u want to return it back, u would be pissed now wouldnt u

40 dollars is alot of money to me. i have to save up for a month to get 40 dollars

i dont know about u but if i get the comment of spending a 50 dollar game then getting 5-10 dollars for it i would be pissed.

AlBoogy
11-16-2003, 04:01 PM
so lets say u go out and buy steel batallion, and u want to return it back, u would be pissed now wouldnt u

40 dollars is alot of money to me. i have to save up for a month to get 40 dollars

i dont know about u but if i get the comment of spending a 50 dollar game then getting 5-10 dollars for it i would be pissed.

Any person would know to sell it on EBAY. You will get at least 30 bucks for it.

DaRkLoRdX
11-16-2003, 04:02 PM
what if u dont have a credit card
ur screwed

lax_defense
11-16-2003, 04:02 PM
I hate EB in that respect so much. I kind of have to agree with them on this one b/c of this whole piracy issue, but I feel your pain. I have 2 MM3s b/c I got it from someone as a gift, after purchasing it the day before. This was about 2 weeks after the game had come out. They said they'd give me $20 credit, or 17 or something to that extent. I don't like EB. The same thing happened to me with Spiderman, Amped, and Unreal methinks. So, rather, I think the best thing to do is just find someone, someone you can trust(on or off XBA) and just sell it to them for close to/ retail price. Thats what I did a few months ago.

Casper
11-16-2003, 04:03 PM
what if u dont have a credit card
ur screwed

Why do you need a credit card to sell on Ebay? :huh:

DaRkLoRdX
11-16-2003, 04:05 PM
wouldnt game spot take it back

ty for the replies

how about if i trade with someone.

topspin for r63 or another game?

anyone willing for money like a money order since i cant use EbAY

DaRkLoRdX
11-16-2003, 04:05 PM
u need a credit card cuz they charge u when u put up an item or if u sell something they take credit

BunnyRabbit
11-16-2003, 04:07 PM
I bought Top Spin yesterday. I wanted to return it because someone else had already gotten it for me. So I call back to check ( I have the reciept, Box+manuels and cd all perfect no scrathes mint condition) and i ask them if i can trade it in for another game. Guess what they tell me? "You can trade it in for store credit 10 dollars". This is complete BS. How can you say that if the person bought it the day before, and they have the reciept and everything, and all they did was tear off the plastic, plus they bought it for 50 wopping dollars. 50 dollars doesnt come easy. they think they can rip us off just like that. they should change their policies. 10 dollars...wow...cheap bast***. i cant beleive this. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Where did you buy it from? Hindu Games R us? I dont know of any places that dont return you equal shopping credit that you paid for the item...It's retarded that they would do something like that. I say you go in there and 5 finger discount yuo a replacement. LOL!:D

DaRkLoRdX
11-16-2003, 04:08 PM
LOL HINDUS R US

5 finger discout lmfaoo

its EB games

they are cheap *******s

Nyphur
11-16-2003, 04:11 PM
why are they cheap? because they would take back a game which you have opened, played, copied, then taken back?

thats how they see it mate, whether its true or not

DaRkLoRdX
11-16-2003, 04:12 PM
....they should give more then 5-10 store credit on a brand new game thats 50 dollars

Nyphur
11-16-2003, 04:13 PM
why? they wont get the full retail worth for it now that its second hand.

if you had the game twice, why unwrap both of them?

surely you can take the one you didnt ipen back?

unless you stupidly opened them both

DaRkLoRdX
11-16-2003, 04:14 PM
the person that got it for me already had it opened and they didnt have a reciept

Nyphur
11-16-2003, 04:16 PM
ah. hard luck then.

you should try working in a shop like that. i do - we get people coming in saying the same thing all the time.

im sure they'd be more than happy to exchange it if it wasnt open, but to them its second hand, and possibly just been used to copy.

sorry

DaRkLoRdX
11-16-2003, 04:19 PM
thanks i thought u would end up flaming me for being an idiot somehow

thanks for the replies i got lots of ideas from you all.

BunnyRabbit
11-16-2003, 04:22 PM
LOL HINDUS R US

5 finger discout lmfaoo

its EB games

they are cheap *******s

EB has always given me refunds on games and all. Maybe you just go to this weird one run by Hindus. I really don't know.

Oh and Nyphur. Ive had my bro buy a game and unwrap on the way home while my dad was at home playing that exact game that he bought for them both after work.

DOOPID! Dont be an arse.

EDIT: whoops...someone went bipolar in the midst of my post...lol sorry

DaRkLoRdX
11-16-2003, 04:25 PM
yea i might go over there and see what **** buisness theyre really running

BananaMan
11-16-2003, 04:33 PM
the person that got it for me already had it opened and they didnt have a reciept why would they open it?

DaRkLoRdX
11-16-2003, 04:38 PM
it was opened without plastic on it already

gerbil
11-16-2003, 09:32 PM
hhhmmmmmm ....

Yankeez
11-16-2003, 09:39 PM
ill give u a factory sealed crimson skies or Links 2004 , or Amped 2 then u can go exchange that game for whatever u want :)

No Fear 23
11-16-2003, 09:44 PM
if u bought it at eb u can take it back for a full refund or exchange for a new game, i've done that like 4 times. it has to be within 14 days of ur purchase. honestly, why did u buy topspin?

Yankeez
11-16-2003, 09:50 PM
cuz its the best tennis game ever made

Satch
11-17-2003, 08:57 AM
god Nephur . . . . First of all, darklord, I think you totally got ripped off, and I will not go to EB anymore for good. I've always been kinda resistant to get anything from there... and the way they slap stickers all over your "new" game pisses me off :cuss:
you're right, they are cheap bas****s People like Nephur are great example. I mean, who all on here copies Xbox games? very small percentage. . . . who all on here knows HOW to copy an Xbox game . . . again, a very small percentage. Overall, EB sucks, and don't care, and Nephur (along with my local EB) are perfect examples why.

JediMasterChief
11-17-2003, 09:00 AM
If I were the shop owner then I would have done the same probably. A used game would not sell or even if the plastic has been torn off.

Once you tear off the security label, you normally won't be able to bring it back.

Satch
11-17-2003, 09:19 AM
god you guys need to wake up . . . gamestop lets me take back whatever I want within the time period as long as I have the reciept . . . whether it's opened or not. jesus . . . if I was darklord, I would march in EB and say my peace . . . doing so has always worked for me when I was in those situations. Just remember, the workers (including Nephur :cuss: ) are there to SERVE you.

dances with broom sticks
11-17-2003, 09:23 AM
A store as big as EB can't take returns on a customer to customer basis. If its fair for one person to return something, its fair for anyone to.

I think anyone can see ( and I believe EB used to exchange games but stopped due to abuse of policy) that people would take advantage. Whos to say you didnt buy the game, play it, not like it, and return it. Thats what blockbuster is for.

Eb is a game store. If $50 is hard to come buy, take more time and thought into your purchases, and make sure you wont have to return it before you open it.

Satch, its obvious you don't work at a store like this, and you're not looking at it from the companies point of view. If you owned the company, would you take a game back from someone for full price, only to be able to sell it for at the most $10 less? The markups on games, to my knowledge, isnt very much (unless blockbuster pays more for their games, which is very possibly, as they pay full price for systems they sell.) so they would quickly loose money. Its common sense that a good way to run a business is to NOT loose money.

CarGuy
11-17-2003, 09:37 AM
WAAAA WAAAAA!!!

The store has a policy, deal with it. There's rules and laws everywhere in life dude. Not all of them are fair so you better get used to it. F****** pansy.:rolleyes:

mattgame
11-17-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by jelgiad
just return the other un-opened one when you get it

Ah-ha!

Highlite23
11-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Hard cold facts............

If you buy new games and open them, they can only be replaced with like item. This applies to just about every reputable store around...Game Stop, EB, Best Buy, etc...Whether the guy behind the counter meets your demands is a crap shoot.

Game Stop used to take new opened games until someone sued them for selling a "Used" game as new, yes kiddies, once you open it, it becomes used, so a few dorks ruined it for everyone. So when you bring back an opened game the best you'll get is trade in value, because it needs to be sold as used. New $50 games usually get $25-30 in TIV.

Piracy is another reason, and even though you may think the % is low for people who can do it, shop owners aren't mind readers and for the most part don't know you from adam.

Best thing to do, buy used. Game Stop has a 7 day "Full Credit" policy on used games.

If you want to put the theory to the test, take your open game to EB and have them replace it with the same game, then go to Best Buy and tell them that you got a duplicate gift, I'm betting they tell you you can't return it without a reciept...then again, you might get lucky.

BunnyRabbit
11-17-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez
ill give u a factory sealed crimson skies or Links 2004 , or Amped 2 then u can go exchange that game for whatever u want :)

Wait...Ill take those games!...But, why exactly are you giving away factory sealed games here?

Anyways, stores have policies, stores have policy enforcers. I think its based upon trunst whether or not they enforce it on you. You look like a bad guilty guy Darklord? I suggest you send a nerdy 11 yr old inside and then you'll get your money back. That or send in some hot chick to flirt it on with the dood at the counter..

LoLz:p

national86
11-17-2003, 06:03 PM
EB and Game Stop were I live (St.Petersburg ,Fl) all of there games are opened ,when you want to buy a game , you take the emtpy box from the shelf to the counter. Then they find that game in the drawer and the pull the disk and the manual out of the zip lock bag put it in a the box. There you go a BRAND NEW game for $49.99 and it was opened. I will not buy any new games from there only used.

DaRkLoRdX
11-17-2003, 08:11 PM
BunnyRabbit- LMFAO NERDY KID HELL YEA IMA DO THAT

Ill also send a really hot girl in to flirt like u said if the first one dont work.

Thanks for the replies, i relized the high's and low's from all of you. Im still thinking about the factory sealed stuff ???...Ill reply here later

DocHoliday78
11-17-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23
if u bought it at eb u can take it back for a full refund or exchange for a new game, i've done that like 4 times. it has to be within 14 days of ur purchase. honestly, why did u buy topspin?

Not over here. Once opened you dont get any money back. Thats why i love gamestop becasue you can return it already opened and get your full refund.

mordecai
11-18-2003, 12:45 AM
I don't know the truth of this but I've heard from multiple sources(including a clerk at EBgames and Futureshop) that it's illegal to sell opened CD/DVD because of a new anti-piracy law. It's also possible that it was made in Canada and not the US which would explain the store a few of you mentioned.

And Bunny Rabbit, the next time you decide to make a racist comment, how about you sit your ass down and shut the **** up.

Dark Enemy
11-18-2003, 12:53 AM
Samething happened to me back when Metal Gear Solid Substance came out. I bought it for 50 bucks played for 2 hours and then wanted to return it. The sales person said he can only give me 20 bucks. Say I raise my voice a little and leave. I Called the district manager and told them the guy didnt treat me right and raised his voice and wouldnt return my game. After one week the same guy called me at work and said i can return the game. I come to the store he greets and and ask me who didnt acting like it wasnt him. Then he gave me a shirt, a few manuels, a trade for my game, and some mechassault toy:cheers:

X-Fan
11-18-2003, 05:22 AM
ok i will pay u 27 bux for it?

Highlite23
11-18-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by national86
EB and Game Stop were I live (St.Petersburg ,Fl) all of there games are opened ,when you want to buy a game , you take the emtpy box from the shelf to the counter. Then they find that game in the drawer and the pull the disk and the manual out of the zip lock bag put it in a the box. There you go a BRAND NEW game for $49.99 and it was opened. I will not buy any new games from there only used.

Sorry I need to correct your 1st post, but GAme Stop only removes the disc from one copy of the game for display purposes. Now, unless you get the last copy, in which case the game is put into the case and resealed. At least thats our policy in the store I work at.

Not sure about EB.