PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind GOTY Question

ColdStone
11-16-2003, 09:56 PM
For those of you who have this game. I exchanged my first copy for a second on at EB to see if that would fix afew problems I have been having. Well, so far I am getting the usuall freezes when I down an opponet and I try to see what they are carrying, and I have had the game freeze on me when it was loading. Now I do play the game on a Thomson Xbox, so is it the game thats doing this or is my xbox acting up?

CarGuy
11-17-2003, 06:42 AM
IMO it's a very, very good chance that it's your Xbox. Like I've said before this game prompted me to get a new XBox and now I never get any freezes. The new Xbox even runs quieter.

Duke
11-17-2003, 08:09 AM
Pretty sure it's your xbox. GOTY was almost unplayable on my old one, had to replace it last week, and BAM!!! no problems.

dd deeznuts
11-17-2003, 02:03 PM
i have had problems with that game to like buildings dispearing and stuff and it take so freaking long to load, i also got a thompson drive maybe thats the problem i heard they start to slow down after a while but my xbox is two years old and still works

Peepers
11-17-2003, 02:09 PM
I would own this game already, but my local Wal-Mart still has not received it. I am concerned however about disc-reading issues. The original Morrowind was giving me quite a bit of trouble KOTOR sometimes gave me read errors too. I'm going to have to get a new Xbox soon when I leave for college so I know it will eventually work.

Salmonaitor
11-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Do you need an actual Xbox Drive, or can you buy any large harddrive and clone it with a program like Symantec Ghost?

Highlite23
11-17-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Salmonaitor
Do you need an actual Xbox Drive, or can you buy any large harddrive and clone it with a program like Symantec Ghost?

Just an FYI since your new Solmonaitor, we don't speak of such things at XBA ;)

Thanks.

ColdStone
11-17-2003, 04:51 PM
Well I exchanged it. But your probibly right, its probibly my Xbox. Great....well at least I get a New Xbox for Christmas! :D

BTW, Morrowind is the only game that has giving me this kinda trouble MA had it's DDEs when the Xbox would first read the disk, but Morrowind is the first with hte in-game freezing. And I never had a problem woth KOTOR. But my Xbox has been acting strangly.

Ugunnalose
11-17-2003, 05:06 PM
is this game worth a purchase?

dd deeznuts
11-17-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Ugunnalose
is this game worth a purchase? ya i think so i own the first one and i bought goty its only 30$ and has tons of new stuff

Highlite23
11-17-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by dd deeznuts
ya i think so i own the first one and i bought goty its only 30$ and has tons of new stuff

I second dd's coment. ;)

ColdStone
11-18-2003, 12:25 AM
I'll third it. If your played the original, there is not question, You must have this! And if you have never played Morrowind. Well then, if you like RPGs, Long games, I am talking 300+ hours with this game, and if you love being able to roam any where, do anything, and if you love beaautiful graphics, with good music. Then this is for you!