PDA

View Full Version : cheaters

BananaMan
11-17-2003, 02:22 PM
ok this is getting out of hand on RTCW i join a great server no lag or anything with 15 players, then i see a body flying around the air with a flame thrower and i'm like ok..? so i switch to spectator to see what he's doing and he's like flying around can't be killed and can go through anything in the level and his name changes to all these different colors and he can lag the server and everything...what is up with this? it even froze my xbox...they need to patch whatever it is because it's really annoying...:cuss: :cuss:

Salmonaitor
11-17-2003, 02:32 PM
I had a similar experience playing Halo PC the other day. Someone kept lagging the server, and everytime it came back, I was respawning!! GRRRRR!!!!

Xebec
11-17-2003, 02:37 PM
It's the same thing with respawn campers in the Ghost Recon series. I think they believe they are actually good players by doing that.

BananaMan
11-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Xebec
It's the same thing with respawn campers in the Ghost Recon series. I think they believe they are actually good players by doing that.

well why that is perfectly fine to play (an experienced player can get out of it easily) it is in a way cheap....

**EDIT** i just found out that on RTCW all that is because of Action Replay hacks,GRRRRRR!:cuss:

Yankeez
11-17-2003, 02:43 PM
i thought u cant cheat on xbl?

:huh:

BananaMan
11-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez

well stupid action replay makes it possible now:cuss:

Peepers
11-17-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by BananaMan

well why that is perfectly fine to play (an experienced player can get out of it easily) it is in a way cheap....

**EDIT** i just found out that on RTCW all that is because of Action Replay hacks,GRRRRRR!:cuss:

No one stands a chance if you're getting spawn camped in GR. If the enemy has all your spawn points you're basically screwed.

I haven't played RTCW in a really long time, and I never saw cheaters then. Is there some new hack, exploit, or code or something? Oh well, I'm just going to enjoy RS3, where I can TK the cheatrers who use .50 calibres.

Brevity
11-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Sorry had trouble reading your post due to your sig. I will try again later.Bananaman.:p

BunnyRabbit
11-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez

Where you been son? I made a whole thread in the Countire Strike forum and it talks about what hackers do on RTCW and what they plan to work on and mess up on Counter Strike.

DocHoliday78
11-17-2003, 03:03 PM
How can action replay let your cheat on xbl?

Xebec
11-17-2003, 03:16 PM

Uh well, obviously you haven't played much. The very instant I respawn, I'm killed. No time to duck, move, shoot, or grenade. I know others here will agree.

Xebec
11-17-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Peepers

No one stands a chance if you're getting spawn camped in GR. If the enemy has all your spawn points you're basically screwed.

Exactly.

BananaMan
11-17-2003, 03:21 PM
you guys must not have much skill on ghost recon then, believe me if your good enough and you have good enough team members working with you, you can. hit me up on live and i'll give you a demonstration:p

Xebec
11-17-2003, 03:33 PM
you guys must not have much skill on ghost recon then, believe me if your good enough and you have good enough team members working with you, you can. hit me up on live and i'll give you a demonstration:p

Who the heck said anything about team? I'm talking about solo last man standing. If you believe you can get out of that when respawn camping is going on, then you're lying.

BananaMan
11-17-2003, 04:24 PM
um, not much camping can go on during that because the fact that respawns change...each time

BunnyRabbit
11-17-2003, 04:35 PM

No trust me...If you are playing 1 on 1 with Ghost Recon and he starts to spawn kill you. Hes gonna kill you so much that by the time you actually take him out and leave your spawn, Hes got major ups kill-wise and its doubtful that you catch up on him.

Shadow20002
11-17-2003, 06:11 PM
So you can cheat with Action Replay on XBL.

deophite
11-17-2003, 07:00 PM
I haven't witnessed any cheating on live yet, then again- I don't have RTCW

l Maximus l
11-17-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by deophite
I haven't witnessed any cheating on live yet, then again- I don't have RTCW

I think the game stinks anyway. Don't even waste your cash...rent it to see for yourself. I owned it...and got rid of it.

Peepers
11-17-2003, 09:21 PM

OK you're assuming a kind'a spawn camping lite. However, when their entire team is at your spawn and your entire team is getting killed on arrival, your only viable defense is waiting for them to run out of ammo. But even if you could rescue yourself, it would take so many attempts that you wouldn't be able to catch up at that point anyway (unless your team returned the favor at their spawn.) I found that a lot of GRIT games were decided by who got to the other teams spawn first (moreso at some maps than at others).

But seriously, what are going to do if you're getting spawn-camped? Lie prone? They'll still shoot you. Shoot them? Good luck when they have the drop and you're not even sure exactly where they are.

BananaMan
11-17-2003, 09:25 PM
things to do when your getting spawn killed

1. Once they kill you don't respawn for a little while, maybe they'll leave the area or you can spot where they are
2.If your the only one being spawn killed try to get your team to get you out of it
3.Just spray right when you come back to life
4.Whine

I do frown upon spawn killing, but if they do it to me, you know i'll do it back;)

Peepers
11-17-2003, 09:35 PM
things to do when your getting spawn killed

1. Once they kill you don't respawn for a little while, maybe they'll leave the area or you can spot where they are
2.If your the only one being spawn killed try to get your team to get you out of it
3.Just spray right when you come back to life
4.Whine

I do frown upon spawn killing, but if they do it to me, you know i'll do it back;)

The problem is that if they're dominating your spawn, the first two options have no effect, the third one will only be good for 2-3 rounds, and that leaves the fourth.

Highlite23
11-18-2003, 08:14 AM
I could be dead wrong, but here are my thoughts on the AR cheats..........

To the best of my knowledge those are "code" cheats, alterations to the game code itself.

To run those types of cheats you need a moded box.

XBL will detect a mod chip.

Some mod chips can be dissabled, but then you wouldn't be able to run your hacked "code".

So, I'm not saying this almighty charecter doesn't exist, I just can't see how. :eek:

Salmonaitor
11-18-2003, 08:56 AM
Hay, banana boy, weren't you the one who made the original post complaining about cheaters? You should learn to live by what you preach!

Duke
11-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Sometimes in GR it is impossible to get out of a spawn camp situation.

But it's done all the time. We've done it (DDC) and I've had it done to me when I wasn't playing w/ an all-star team.

The only time it should be impossible is when your whole team is respawning at the same time, and even then, given a little bit of luck and skill, it is entirely possilbe to get out of it.

Yes spawn camping sucks, but it is not undefeatable.

Casper
11-18-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Salmonaitor
Hay, banana boy, weren't you the one who made the original post complaining about cheaters? You should learn to live by what you preach!

Spawn camping isn't cheating, it's just cheap.

What he's talking about is kids playing on XBL with modded Xbox's and yes, it's possible and it's been done many times, unfortunately.

I've even noticed that when Jafo plays, there will be some players that come into the game with certain names and it will kill the whole server. Somehow they are bypassing the XboxLive scan, but they are definitely modded Box's.

Kortiz
11-18-2003, 11:31 AM
bastages..........all of em.

BananaMan
11-18-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Salmonaitor

hey salmonaitor , by the way it was CHEATING on RTCW not SPAWN CAMPING on ghost recon...:p

BinaryXtreme
11-18-2003, 03:01 PM
Yeah, these idiots are even screwing with Rainbow 6 3 now. They walk thru walls and I was shooting at this guy and he was laughing at me thru his headset and bam I'm dead, I respawn, bam, dead, etc. etc. etc. I know Microsoft has banned some servers on Wolfenstein according to the office in Renton but I strongly doubt they can ban all the cheaters on Live.

It's really got out of hand. Ghost Recon on Live? Forget it. These cheaters manipulate the hell out of the game so you can stand right in front of a player and not kill em and bing, you're dead! Hard for me to understand why these guys spend so much time on cheating or figuring out how to cheat when this is only a game. Get these guys in a tournament and I'll kick your gaming ass in front of everyone.

Peepers
11-18-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA

Spawn camping isn't cheating, it's just cheap.

What he's talking about is kids playing on XBL with modded Xbox's and yes, it's possible and it's been done many times, unfortunately.

I've even noticed that when Jafo plays, there will be some players that come into the game with certain names and it will kill the whole server. Somehow they are bypassing the XboxLive scan, but they are definitely modded Box's.

How can this happen? Does a cheater have to be the server in order to corrupt game rules? Or can they do this on an UbiServer? If they mess with the ubi's they're dead. DEAD!!

Casper
11-18-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Peepers

How can this happen? Does a cheater have to be the server in order to corrupt game rules? Or can they do this on an UbiServer? If they mess with the ubi's they're dead. DEAD!!

Well, RTCW didn't have Ubi servers, but I'm not sure how long it will take for it to start happening with RS3.

The person can be either a host or someone that joins the game - it sucks and hopefully they do something about this very soon before it gets out of hand, but I doubt it will being that it's MS.

BinaryXtreme
11-18-2003, 04:29 PM
From what I understand is there are a number of chips you can sauder into your XBOX that increase their bandwidth while decreasing others. I know of a guy who works at a game shop here in town that would hook me up with one for $120 or he said there is even a way to manipulate bandwidth speeds via your pc while playing XBOX Live and he showed me right there. He has been running a chip in his XBOX for almost a year and he's never had any issues or warnings etc. from MS.

There are even a few clans that advertise on their sites these tweaks and chips. Here is 1 way to cheat according to a site I saw on Unreal. Join as match only in progress, never start a match with others, just join in progress. You might have seen this....when you try to kill them they bounce around real fast and look sketchy so it is almost impossible to kill them. Their refresh rate is almost multiplied by 3. Yeah, it is getting to a point that if you want a good game you almost can't rely on Live anymore.

Microsoft is aware of this as I know people that work their as I live about 2 hours away but according to a friend there are only a couple of detectible mods for the XBOX that they can detect and most of those are not even being sold anymore.

T-FiNGeR
11-18-2003, 04:32 PM
I agree! Ppl using "action replay" pisse$ me off soo much! I hate how ppl on XBL think that using a cheating program is "FUN". I think XBL should ban ALL types of any programs that can modify the gameplay to a level where other players in the game get screwed over. I think being able to change ur name colour, costume, is O.K. but being able to fly accross a level or being able to freeze som1's xbox after u kill them is just F**king retarded! MS has to step up and stop this crap from going on ANY longer! :cuss: :cuss:

Peepers
11-18-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA

Well, RTCW didn't have Ubi servers, but I'm not sure how long it will take for it to start happening with RS3.

The person can be either a host or someone that joins the game - it sucks and hopefully they do something about this very soon before it gets out of hand, but I doubt it will being that it's MS.

Well I know that RTCW doesn't have Ubiservers. I only mentioned it because BinaryXtreme mentioned that cheaters are infiltrating RS3. If they're only able to cheat when they're host, that's one thing, but if they can mess up the rules when other people host, that's terrible.