PDA

View Full Version : Bungie Celebrates Halo 2-Year Anniversary

Shadow20002
11-17-2003, 06:23 PM
It’s hard to believe Halo has been out for two whole years now. It seems like only yesterday we were seeing previews and sneak peeks from MacWorld '99. Then, without warning, Bungie moved to the ranks of Microsoft and Halo was announced as an Xbox exclusive. Now, two years later, the game is still going strong, with close to 3.5 million copies in the homes of gamers across the globe. What started life as a pseudo real-time-strategy game for the Apple Mac has turned into the number-one-selling Xbox game of all time and a driving force behind much of the console’s overall success. With the newly arrived PC version selling like hotcakes and the Mac version due out in a matter of weeks, the Halo phenomenon hasn’t skipped a beat and shows no sign of slowing down.

In honor of this special occasion, I wanted to contact the people whose lives have been affected by Halo – our fan community, people from the gaming media and of course, members of the Bungie team. What follows is a collection of memories, stories, impressions and general thoughts from all three of these groups. There’s a lot to say about a game like Halo, so grab a seat. This might just be the longest Top Story in the history of Bungie.net.

Continued at Bungie.net

mrgeorge88
11-17-2003, 06:35 PM
halo is a great game....good to see its still selling strong and everything....happy 2 years halo!

l Maximus l
11-17-2003, 09:15 PM
And to think, not a single game even after 2 years can hold a candle to it. This is my opinion, of course. :D

Shadow20002
11-17-2003, 09:17 PM
Long time not seeing you around !!! ;)

BunnyRabbit
11-17-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
And to think, not a single game even after 2 years can hold a candle to it. This is my opinion, of course. :D

Right there with you on that one, but unfortunately there are 5 games being released in the next year that will hopefully beat it. One of which will be the game's sequel..hehehe :p

But Yes too bad bungie couldnt celebrate the 2nd year of Halo with Halo2! :cuss:

LoLz...only playin

X-Fan
11-17-2003, 09:36 PM
And to think, not a single game even after 2 years can hold a candle to it. This is my opinion, of course. :D its still the king but imo just imo rs3 and grit do hold a candel to it.

AlphaRaptor
11-17-2003, 11:14 PM
Happy B-day Halo! :cool: :D

Brevity
11-17-2003, 11:29 PM
Still, boy do I wish that they would have done this b-day up in style with some killer new Halo game, be it delux or 2. But all in all I guess its a good thing they didnt cus right now is a good time for me to want to have a life outside my game room. :p

DocHoliday78
11-18-2003, 12:50 AM
I remeber when i got my xbox on launch date. I got it out of the box and put in halo. My volume was turned up high without me knowing it. As the holy music came on i was stunned, and played the game for 6 straight hours untill my hands hurt. I then called my friend over and we played co op all night long. It was great.

Nuclearcow
11-18-2003, 10:00 AM
Happyy Birthday

mattgame
11-18-2003, 02:06 PM

You are absolutely right.:cheers:

dd deeznuts
11-18-2003, 03:40 PM
happy birthday halo your my only friend :cry: that and my huge balls.

mattgame
11-18-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by dd deeznuts
happy birthday halo your my only friend :cry: that and my huge balls.

Oh my God man.......:huh: