PDA

View Full Version : Arx Fatalis gets an 8.3 from Gamespot

George89
11-18-2003, 11:57 AM
Arx Fatalis got an 8.3 from Gamespot, which is pretty difficult on that site seeing that Counter-Strike got a 7.2 and Rainbowsix 3 got an 8.4. It looks pretty cool, similar to Morrowind.

thrAsher
11-18-2003, 11:59 AM
*clanks a spoon against his tin cup*
Links for the lazy! Links for the lazy!
;)

George89
11-18-2003, 12:02 PM
For everyone who is too lazy to go to the site and look for the review here is the link:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/arxfatalis/

thrAsher
11-18-2003, 12:09 PM
Wow. I was joking....sorta. ;)

Thanks, though, George. :cool: I'm gonna go read the review right now.

*edit* Nice review. Sounds tempting. This tidbit alone makes me want to buy the game:

The game lets you do such things as build fishing rods, catch fish, cook them over an open fire that you light using a magic spell, and then eat them to nourish yourself (you actually have to eat every now and then). You'll conduct fairly complex investigations, finding tiny clues such as notes hidden in drawers or keys hidden under cushions. More importantly, the game's core elements, like the combat and magic, work very well.

StudioAlex
11-18-2003, 01:29 PM
I think I'm going to return Morrowind:GotY for Arx

Pochi
11-18-2003, 06:38 PM
i wouldnt so far as returning morrowind GOTY. morrowind is an awesome game. but arxs is turning out to look pretty good too.
from a review i read it said it has stuff morrowind doesnt have but also lacks stuff morrowind does have. like in arx i dont think you can switch between 1st and 3rd person view. but i could be wrong

demonryu
11-29-2003, 03:45 PM
I read Gamespot's review of Arx, and I really want it. I was thinking of getting Morrowind GOTY, but Arx sounds better to me.

thrAsher
11-30-2003, 03:06 AM
So, anybody buy this bad boy yet? If so, how is it?

I'm curious, because although I've been loving Gladius (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/staff_reviews/view.php?Product_ID=392), I'm feeling like I need a full-on RPG to get my fix. Deus Ex is also looking super nice, but I don't know if it'll gimme all the RPG I need.

xbox genius
12-01-2003, 08:39 PM
dang i thought this game sucks... but after reading what you can do... i think i changed my mind, i will get this game and wait for fable later