PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Game Studios Laying Developers Off Left and Right

Shadow20002
11-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Speaking of Links, I’d like to send out our best wishes to all the people who helped make Links, Amped 2 and Top Spin and who now don’t have jobs. The guys down in Salt Lake were rewarded for shipping three games in one month with shiny new pink slips. Firing half your development team after they ship a game is nothing new but it still sucks to hear about. Lucky for them, all three of their games rock pretty hard. They hopefully won’t have too much trouble picking up new jobs in the industry. If you have positions available and you would like to get in contact with these guys please let me know. I’ll be happy to pass any information along to them.

Source@ (http://www.penny-arcade.com/)

Kraft
11-18-2003, 09:59 PM
There are a few different versions of this story going around right now. I caught some of it while over at penny-arcade.com Microsoft says they've let go of a few people due to lack of current projects... of course the people who are let go claim malicious and mass layoffs. Its probably somewhere inbetween those two sides, but not as extreme as some are making it out to be.

Clever
11-18-2003, 10:03 PM
well thats business my friends, the incompetent go to bring out fresh minds with better ideas.

OC Noob
11-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Clever
well thats business my friends, the incompetent go to bring out fresh minds with better ideas.

more like...

well thats business my friends, the fresh minds with better ideas go to bring out incompetent.