PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed: Underground

Teh Chronic
11-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Now that it is out, has anyone played it? I want to get it but now some freinds that were addicted to the previews and stuff, hate it after reading the review. (they were addicted to insider previews)

Yannie Boy
11-19-2003, 06:45 AM
i picked it up yesterday...it is far best the best street racer to date maybe all time......even from the get go you can get into quick race and use one of the pre-hooked up cars and just go or you can start Underground mode and pick a car and slowly improve it and hook it up as complete missions.....

ive only played for about two hours and my civic is kick ass

if you got more questions don't hesitate and ask since no one else in xba qill get it cuz EA is slacking in other games

trust me, you'll be an idiot not to get it:D

Dirty DeStrO
11-19-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Teh Chronic
Now that it is out, has anyone played it? I want to get it but now some freinds that were addicted to the previews and stuff, hate it after reading the review. (they were addicted to insider previews)

your friends loved the demo but decided to hate it after reading the review .... wtf? that doesn't make any sense and I would not trust their judgment anymore

enigma_x
11-19-2003, 07:44 PM
It is excellent to finally have a customization level this high available in a racer. I am especially impressed with the ability to have VISUAL customization instead of just engine customization.

Teh Chronic
11-19-2003, 08:10 PM
Demo??? where?! and they had the insider movies thats all...

i would really like a demo but i dont got xbox mag, is there one out for computer?

RagunCajun
11-20-2003, 12:08 AM
This is what i wrote in another NFSU topic.....enjoy.

Originally posted by TRINITY-6
2 Q's for you.
1.how is the frame rate.
2.and how doe's the control's handle.
I'll let ya know about the frame late after i play some more...i kinda fell alseep after i made my previous post. So i didnt get to play more. The controls are VERY solid. the throttle and both brakes are presure sensitive. It's repsonsive also. On dift mode, the car handles great and control isnt a problem once u get the hang of it.

Originally posted by ChaoticMage-DDC
I heard this game has tons of customizing. How in depth is it?
There is alot of customizing. You can get NOS, rims, tires, lowering kits, body kits, exaust, drivetrain upgrades, window tint, vinal decals, consumer decals(OZ racing, Punch, ismo etc), and much more. You can change the color of most thing to w/e the heck u want. When you unprage you can see how it would effect the vechiels performance before you buy.

As for the depth of the game, i cant say yet. I will update you on the "Go Underground" mode....story mode in other words. There are only about 6-7 cars out of the 20 available, 1 track in each catagory at the start. But hey, thats how it should be. You should have to EARN tracks and cars. for this, i am greatful. like i said, updates on this game are to come......keep in mind, i have the PS2 version so i can play online. But it shouldnt matter. Even though it's PS2, the graphics are freakin awsome. The vehicle you are driving is so detailed. Every light reflects off it. It looks as if the vechiles u drive were wash, waxed and detailed.

If yall have any questions, just ask away. I'll answer them if i can.

*edit*

I've just finished playing about an hour of the game in Go Underground(ima use "UG" for short) mode. All i can say is wow. The story line isnt really in depth. You just go with what there is available, not really a choice, but u can chose which races to enter. Sooner or later, you have to do all of them. The first time i went into UG mode i was about to enter my first race. Well i looked at the top of the screen after i completed it. It said 1/111. That's right. Over 100 races in UG mode. That's a lot of time to make ya car "bling." After playing for that hour i unlocked come option parts. I put body kits, rims, neons, paint, tint, engine mods, exaust mods, and some other stuff. You cant access everything because its locked and u need to progress more....but thats how it should be :). I didnt even see close to 1/5 of the goodies yet hehe. Oh i almost forgot to mention. When you win races, you get $ according to how hard the difficulty u select before. After moding my civic i went test it out on the tracks in free ride. Thats right, you can ride around on the tracks and pic how much traffic you want, u can turn it off too. I nailed the gas and right away i could tell that those goodies made a difference in my car. The shift kit even made my car shift better. My exaust made my car sound different just like in real life.

The sound track is pretty damn god too. Has some rap and rock. It goes well with the game. Also the frame rate is nice and doesnt mess up. The controlers could be slightly better but it isnt a problem at all. The cars respond very very well to the controler imput.

adillon
11-20-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by enigma_x
It is excellent to finally have a customization level this high available in a racer. I am especially impressed with the ability to have VISUAL customization instead of just engine customization.
although not available for the xbox, doesn't gran turismo 2 (and 3?) offer this same level of customization?

RagunCajun
11-20-2003, 11:10 AM
The Grand Turismo Focuses on performance and not on eye candy. GT seres allows for all kinda of engines mods, drivtrain mods etc. NFSU has mods that effect performance but it isnt as in depth as the GT series. GT is a simulation game.

NFSU has alot of eye candy mods and also engine mods. Engnie mods to make a big diff and effect your car. As soon as i put something new on, i test it on the track. NFSU is a great game and i love it. NFSU is an arcade style racing game. Great game though.

Teh Chronic
11-20-2003, 09:12 PM
GODLY!!!

I got the demo, and with my integrated card it still rules all else... I love it getting it sometime soon!

RagunCajun
11-20-2003, 09:55 PM
I just wanna add, online play owns. Its so awsome and LAG FREE!!!. So for only 1 person cheated. Good ole infanite nitrous oxide he used.:cuss: :cuss:

Conchord
11-24-2003, 10:55 AM
Is there a Focus that isn't a hatchback? I own a two door-sport version of the Focus, but it was custom....do they have a 2 door compact that isnt a hatch? And can you buy any car from the get go? Can you own more than one car? Are there lots of different graphics? Can you choose the color of your car? (lol...lots more questions...)

GreenFire
11-24-2003, 01:53 PM
This game is great. I played it at my friend's house on PS2 and had to pick it up. i wish I could play online... Well, someday soon... I will be able to. Anyway. I would definately recommend this game to anyone.

JDHack0822
11-24-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by xbocks
Is there a Focus that isn't a hatchback? I own a two door-sport version of the Focus, but it was custom....do they have a 2 door compact that isnt a hatch? And can you buy any car from the get go? Can you own more than one car? Are there lots of different graphics? Can you choose the color of your car? (lol...lots more questions...)

I havn't scene a Focus that isn't a hatch, I don't think that there is one. There is a civic, a tiburon, a celica if you consider these compact two doors. You start with 5 cars to pick from. You only own one car at a time. There are a lot of graphics but they have to be unlocked in the Underground mode. There are three color sets. The first one contains about 10 or 12 colors and you can unlock the other two and they each have more colors. There is a lot of visual customization, most of the things you can think of!

alexsktbrdng
11-24-2003, 06:25 PM
anyone have a complete (or almost complete) list of cars that are in this game? I'd love to know.

Conchord
11-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by JDHack0822

I havn't scene a Focus that isn't a hatch, I don't think that there is one. There is a civic, a tiburon, a celica if you consider these compact two doors. You start with 5 cars to pick from. You only own one car at a time. There are a lot of graphics but they have to be unlocked in the Underground mode. There are three color sets. The first one contains about 10 or 12 colors and you can unlock the other two and they each have more colors. There is a lot of visual customization, most of the things you can think of!

>:( ONE CAR AT A TIME??? AGH! What are the first five car choices? I swear to christ, if I have to drive a neon around...

Teh Chronic
11-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Golf
206 (pugoet)
Civic
Neon
Miata

Conchord
11-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Teh Chronic
Golf
206 (pugoet)
Civic
Neon
Miata

I'll take the Civic...what year is it? And what year is the eclipse on the game?

RagunCajun
11-25-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by alexsktbrdng
anyone have a complete (or almost complete) list of cars that are in this game? I'd love to know.
this is the complete car list.

1995 RX-7
1999 Skyline R34 GTR
2003 350Z
2003 S2000
1998 Supra
2000 Integra Type R
1999 Eclipse GSX
2002 Celica GT-S
2004 Sentra SE-R Spec V
1992 240SX SE
2003 RSX Type S
1999 Dodge Neon 2-door
2003 Focus ZX3
2000 Civic Si Coupe
2003 Lancer ES
1999 Miata – MX5
2003 Impreza 2.5 RS Sedan
2003 Tiburon GT
2003 GTI 2.0 115ps 3 door
2003 Peugeot 206 GTi/S16

It doesnt matter what car you like because the game makes the AI just as good as you are in racing. Only time i traded in a car was to get one with a anotehr gear. Toping out in 5th and blowing my engine wasnt fun. But like i said, car type doesnt matter too much. My RSX took out a skyline in a drag. So go figure.

Conchord
11-25-2003, 07:37 PM
I think I'll stick with the Supra or the Eclipse.

Spike Minoda
11-26-2003, 12:35 AM
hey raguncajun how many style points to unlock the integra r and rsx?? iim waitin to get them and i have 369956

RagunCajun
11-27-2003, 08:56 AM
Im not too sure. I think around the 60-70's u unlock the rest of the cars. Honestly, they are nice cars but the miata is still m fav. The handling is amazing. However the integra is cool cuz its an intergra...supra too:).

Spike Minoda
11-28-2003, 04:18 PM
Yes Integras are my baby. But I hve yet to unlock it, and i have 700,000 points?! I just unlocked mystikals car.. well yeah i have an integra, its that ugly ass red and white one but i want my own to customize and use underground you know?

SpickelCell
11-28-2003, 10:03 PM
Some one told me about this game, sounded a little like sega gt but he said the graphics were awesome

Theory Of Games
11-29-2003, 09:56 AM
They are...

my friend is obsessed with this game.

RagunCajun
11-30-2003, 05:02 PM
Yeah man, just wait till ya get to customize ya intergra...ya gonna love it even more. Alot of peopel complain about this game but i love it and dont find anything drasticly wrong with it. I am hoping for a part 2 in the furture:)

Kronicle
12-06-2003, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I can't wait to get this one. My friend came over with it for xbox and I pretty much just kinda hogged it while he slept. (kinda sad for my friend :() I think Ima have to get it for PS2 though for online capabilities, I just hope there isn't a real big difference graphics wise because I loved the xbox version.:cheers:

Conchord
12-06-2003, 10:25 PM
this game is cool, but its kinda hard to me, even on medium...im in a lancer right now, i just got it for my birthday (today!!!)

Conchord
12-07-2003, 01:36 AM
i just got some good upgrades and switches to the miata,,,,im smokin in a drag comp...MY XBOX KEEPS SCREWING UP!!! I NEED TO SEND IT IN!!!

Kortiz
12-15-2003, 11:32 PM
in most races, medium is just too easy.

i have had the game for a day now on the pc. got it for online play as i dont have a ps2..........that, and im not buying ea games for consoles.

anyway.....great game so far.

miata is such a good car in this game it is strange. is that true in real life? i don't get it. would have figured a lancer would wax a miata.

RagunCajun
12-16-2003, 03:08 AM
Glad to see some more NFSU fans. Happy birthday, i know its a little late.

I have the ps2 version and the graphics are awsome. In gamepro they gave the ps2 version a higher score than the xbox version in graphics. I used the miata for just about all of my races. Im on like 108/11 or something like that. Only thing i dont use my miata for is some drag races. In some of them, my car blew the engine and ahhhh.....cant win like that. The handling is awsome and handling is so important in that game. I find the game is har don meduim too, even on easy sometimes. No matter what i never used cheats. I bought the game and i play to get the fullest out of it w/o cheats until i beat it.

for ps2 online, there are alot of souped up skylines on there. I am tired of seeing em but i used other cars instead.

Yannie Boy
12-16-2003, 07:21 PM
wow im glad to know that me and cajun aren't the only ones that like the game....just mad about no live but i still love it

i beat the game about 3 weeks ago
and let me tell you once you thought youd finish 111/111
then 112 pops up and it's a race against someone you'd never guess:watchout:

ask any questions about the game since i unlocked every single thing in the game

ill try to post a pick of WIDE BODIED skyline

if youve got that far into the game you'll know what im talking about

but stay alert for my pic soon

oh and cajun what does you TOP car hit??? my skyline hits
234 mph

i also got a peqout and s2000 decked out..

RagunCajun
12-17-2003, 12:39 PM
I just clocked my some cars. Fastest i can go is 238.10mph with a rx-7. i cant get like 132+ with a skyline. 350z was geting some 132+ #'s. The highest is still the rx-7.

Kortiz
12-18-2003, 01:10 AM
I bought the PC version

just over halfway into career mode.

http://home.mchsi.com/~j.sitton/1.JPG

Yannie Boy
12-18-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
I just clocked my some cars. Fastest i can go is 138.10mph with a rx-7. i cant get like 132+ with a skyline. 350z was geting some 132+ #'s. The highest is still the rx-7.

hmmmmmmmmmmm ima see this..... ima retry my skyline and see if it gets up there

kornavs19
12-23-2003, 10:10 AM
IM almost done....Im up to the 102nd race...And i think i have 1,700,000 and something style points....
Its a great game..I couldnt stop playin it at first cause its fun to race and customize..Id say get it...

Conchord
12-23-2003, 12:40 PM
i have decided that this game and every game EA makes from here on in, sucks. You cant even use custom soundtracks, which should be a given by now in racing games. No online play. I beat the single play mode. This sucks. Now I have to go blow another 50 bucks on the PC version.

RagunCajun
12-23-2003, 02:46 PM
why post such crap. You knew damn well the xbox version isnt online. Ya extra $50 is your fault not EA. and stop hating on EA kid.
:D http://www.dlhdesign.com/RagunCajun/NFSU-avatar-xbc.gif :D

Conchord
12-23-2003, 06:09 PM
why post such crap. You knew damn well the xbox version isnt online. Ya extra $50 is your fault not EA. and stop hating on EA kid.
:D http://www.dlhdesign.com/RagunCajun/NFSU-avatar-xbc.gif :D

You are an idiot. Why would I like EA? They've done nothing but **** microsoft on every game. I still think this game is cool, but the no soundtracks makes it a lot worse. And by the way, I think we are all aware that calling someone 'kid' is simply starting a flame-thread, so I would prefer if you didn't do it, especially when you know nothing about me. Thanks, dude. GFYS.

Kortiz
12-23-2003, 10:10 PM
i'd have done my homework before i bought a game that didn't have what i wanted.

You should have bought the PC version in the first place.

Everybody knows EA craps on Xbox. I'm surprised they don't just write that on the box art of the games they do release on Xbox. I mean, imo it is pretty obvious that they dont give 2 ****s about the quality they put out.

RagunCajun
12-25-2003, 01:51 AM
Yeah it was wrong for calling you a kid but thats how i felt at the time. You came in this thread talking all kinds of crap about EA which is uncalled for. Anyways, this conversation is over. Back on topic. I dont want this thread close. peace brotha

Yannie Boy
12-25-2003, 02:31 AM
hold on rajun.... you said you max is 138 mph?????
is that right or is that a typo?

besides that i hit 241 mph with the skyline useing a noz/shift technique

Kortiz
12-25-2003, 08:51 AM
do you guys race with manual transmissions or automatic transmissions?

RagunCajun
12-27-2003, 03:34 PM
damn i thought i posted on that already lol. I guess it had an error.

Yeah, it should sau 238mph. I cant type worth a damn.

Also i bought the mad catz steerting wheel to play NFSU with on my ps2. worked great. I am bringing it back cuz i just dont like a steering wheel lol.

Also the powerboard key board for the ps2 doesnt work on the ps2 with NFSU. I know this is a xbox site but i wanted to inform you all.:cheers:

MrObSeSsEd
12-28-2003, 05:01 PM
this game is awesome!!! i love it i got it a week ago and its awesome... i recomend buying it

Sellout Theory
12-30-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by MrObSeSsEd
this game is awesome!!! i love it i got it a week ago and its awesome... i recomend buying it Same thing here. Its a great game. I cant stop playing it. I am not into the whole "Rice Rocket" stuff, but for some reason this guy is pretty sweet. All need for speed games kick arse

Professor Kaos
01-05-2004, 09:39 PM
I love this game, now they just need to come out with a version with muscle cars, as long as its got 8 cylinders :D

Conchord
01-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
hold on rajun.... you said you max is 138 mph?????
is that right or is that a typo?

besides that i hit 241 mph with the skyline useing a noz/shift technique

241? WTF? I have only topeed out at 203 on drag mode with my honda 2000...

RagunCajun
01-08-2004, 06:34 AM
to hit high speeds with a car like 240 you will bloe ya engine. The way i dont my highest speed was shift good till 6th. Then hold my NOS and never let off. I blew my engine btu i got a high top speed. The cars arent made to use all ya NOS is last gear cuz youll blow ya engine. I find the tapping technique works awsome. I hate it though cuz it feels soooo fake.

Conchord
01-08-2004, 03:28 PM
to hit high speeds with a car like 240 you will bloe ya engine. The way i dont my highest speed was shift good till 6th. Then hold my NOS and never let off. I blew my engine btu i got a high top speed. The cars arent made to use all ya NOS is last gear cuz youll blow ya engine. I find the tapping technique works awsome. I hate it though cuz it feels soooo fake.

LOL yea I was lettin the nitro out and I kept mashing the change gear button, not realizing I was in 6th and I almost broke my controller, didnt blow my engine though, it was near the end of the drag.

Yannie Boy
01-13-2004, 06:39 AM
oh.... ive never blown my engine......NEVER

but it's hard to hit them top speeds...

perfect shifts off the start and the right timeing of NOz use....

lots of practice and youll get it...

my S2000 hits about 238 last i played

Conchord
01-15-2004, 08:50 PM
ok ok ill admit it this game is good, even though EA sucks (when it comes to xbox), but is it just me or is there no custom soundtracks on this game? if not, then why? thats the only things that makes it different than the ps2 version, and they had it on hot pursuit 2....so what gives?