PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Academy: Serious Concerns

selowitch
11-18-2003, 11:11 PM
I just got Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, and right away I'm seeing some things that concern me:

I don't have HDTV, so on my screen the game actually looks not as good as JKII!
The framerate is poor.
Collisions are not well-handled.
In JKII, you could put away your lightsaber (or any weapon) by pressing down on the directional pad. This doesn't appear possible in the JK:JA, so I've got my lightsaber out and on all of the time and can't get rid of its infernal buzzing!

I'm not happy, my friends. This series has always underwhelmed me, and coming on the heels of KOTOR, this game really looks early on like a major disappointment.

MerimacHamwich
11-18-2003, 11:21 PM
It was perfectly fine on the PC, infact, MUCH better than Jedi Knight 2, in everyway. Well, at least in terms of Lightsaber fights and graphics.
:cheers:

selowitch
11-18-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
It was perfectly fine on the PC, infact, MUCH better than Jedi Knight 2, in everyway. Well, at least in terms of Lightsaber fights and graphics.
:cheers:

Waaaaah! But ... but ... I have a MACINTOSH!!! And an Xbox (duh!).

skorp
11-19-2003, 12:19 AM
I guess I'll have to find out for myself.... :D

CarGuy
11-24-2003, 09:49 AM
Yea, I've read that single player blows.. Have you tried it on Live?? It's supposed to be really good...

kenji
11-24-2003, 04:48 PM
It looks like this game is going to be a major disapointment because OXM gave it a bad review too.

CRAP, I was looking forward to this game too.:cry:

WrathfulPoppa
11-24-2003, 04:54 PM
Make sure your sources play a game the whole way through, utilizing most aspects of the game before you trust their preview. I haven't played Jedi Academy, just offering general gaming advice.

memphissheik
11-25-2003, 12:12 AM
Okay.....
I have the game, I've played the game and the game is actually okay....

Let's get this out of the way..first..

up and down this board....you'll see people giving warnings that

A. Jedi Academy was going to be nothing like KOTOR.

B. One's a slasher, one was somewhat of an RPG.

C. Since they aren't from the same company, no reason to expect them to be close to similar.

Now on to the basics...

you've got 3 base buttons that you can assign actions to...

X, and both the white and black buttons

meaning you can assign any force actions to any of those buttons and or putting your light saber away....
you just do it like you were setting up your force powers..for immediate use.

really this game isn't all that bad..it's not jaw dropping, and it's not innovative.
it's a hack and slash with a star wars twist...

I was a little taken aback by the graphics....cuz well frankly...they ain't exacty eye candy, but then again.....I picked this title up for the adventure aspects and that's what it's given me so far..

honestly man....keep playing the game and give it an honest chance......but you're doing it and yourself a diservice by playing the game and wishing that it were another game..

oh yeah..prince of persian rocks...