PDA

View Full Version : Best time to buy an XBox?

bigcheat
11-18-2003, 11:28 PM
I was just curious if any of you have heard any rumors of a xbox price drop.........im dying to buy one but i dont want to spend the 180 for it when all i really wanna do is keep up on my Halo skills for when Halo2 comes out(I know I know some people hate halo now but thats the honest reason i want one). I know 11/15 something was suppose to go down but i guess it ended up not being anything big........so i just thought id ask if any of you guys have heard of any price drops or even anywhere i could get them for a better price than 180(id like unused)

selowitch
11-18-2003, 11:31 PM
Word is that the prices won't drop until after Xmas. They want as much of our holiday dollar as they can squeeze out of us, I guess.

bigcheat
11-18-2003, 11:37 PM
Yeah i was kinda thinking that.......I guess ill just have to wait till after and see what happens.

LynxFX
11-18-2003, 11:38 PM
$180? Man so cheap now, and it comes with two free games, and 2 months of Live. When I got mine it was $300, no games but I was forced to buy 3 games and another controller. :)

Like selo said, probably won't see a price drop until after christmas. Probably not for a few months after christmas as they will sell off all stock of the bundle pack and prepare for E3 in May.

bigcheat
11-18-2003, 11:56 PM
So its looking like i just might have to wait till Halo2 comes out to buy one hopefully by then..........i just thought maybe with the recent cube drop it might have forced xbox to do the same

XTF
11-19-2003, 12:58 PM
why dont u get ur xbox from gamestop or eb?

i got the xbox itself with a controller and all the wires and everything for $140 (although used...)

then i went and got halo and another controller halo for $40 and the other controller was free.

and after all that i got a subscribtion to gameinformer for 6 months and a gamestop card which allows me to get %10 off any used games!

all of this for the grand total of $200 including tax!!!

then 2 weeks after that i went to toys r us and stole test drive and pacman world 2 from them also a demo disk from oxm. which is hot! and now i want a subscription to it!!!

anyway for 20 dollars more than wut u would pay i get much better stuff than u did (or will...) so jus buy from gamestop (unless u have a problem with buying used stuff..)

-XTF

Yankeez
11-19-2003, 01:30 PM
or u can look at my black friday thread there has to be a good xbox deal comin up on black friday :D

bigcheat
11-19-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez
or u can look at my black friday thread there has to be a good xbox deal comin up on black friday :D

Yeah i nice deal on black friday would be great............has anyone heard of any?

xboxrawks89
11-19-2003, 02:20 PM
$180 dude that so cheap with 2 games and controller like they said i got my for $300 with one controller then i bought game and xbox live kit i buy the $180 deal dude!

monster1234
11-19-2003, 03:01 PM
I would say the best time to buy an xbox is right now with the holiday offer. ASAP.

bobby9989
11-19-2003, 05:45 PM
I'd think they would drop before Christmas. A good time for people getting there new X-Box's.

Yankeez
11-19-2003, 06:01 PM
nah they wont its best time for MS to make money so they would do it after they will probably do like extra bonuses with xbox like a full starter kit and stuff but probably not a price drop

bigcheat
11-19-2003, 06:34 PM
I just couldnt handle it anymore, Im now a pround owner of a Xbox.........it cost me my cube though :( i know alot of you would say who gives a s**t but I once a nintendo loyalist so you gotta understand. I local buy/sell cd and game place around my area offered me 100 dollars in store credit for my cube and 7 games. They had a "new" xbox for 160 so i got it. They claimed all they did was take the two games out cause they knew some people wouldnt want them and thats why it was alil cheaper than the 180 bundles at walmart and what not. Im just alil worried about a place like that maybe putting a refurb and calling it new. The manfacture data is 9/20/03 though so im hoping it isnt. Does anyone know if you can call microsoft and verify that its not a refurb?

Peepers
11-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by selowitch
Word is that the prices won't drop until after Xmas. They want as much of our holiday dollar as they can squeeze out of us, I guess.

That, and I bet you that the prices won't drop until after the immediate post-release craze for Halo 2 dies down--that could take months. However, if Sony and/or Nintendo (but espescially Sony) drops their prices, then we can expect Xbox prices to drop at about the same time. So far, Sony and Microsoft have kept their prices pretty much identical. If one party announces a price drop, the other does the same, either that day or the next day.

laufy13
11-19-2003, 08:55 PM
Yea man you can get a used x box, halo and a controller for just 150 but its used at gamestop