PDA

View Full Version : A miracle cd ........ ONLY FOR XBOX ........

Vteck3000
12-29-2001, 01:22 AM
Is it true that a company is presently working on a cd that will able the XBOX to play import games ? If it does come out i'm sure to get one :D

MaxPain
12-29-2001, 01:24 AM
Ahhh, that would be cool, but will xbox have import games?

sinizuh
12-29-2001, 01:29 AM
... uhhh... maybe if you live in japan. most games will be released here first.

Snoopy7548
12-29-2001, 11:01 AM
they should make a cd that allowed you to play psx and ps2 games.

Vteck3000
12-29-2001, 12:41 PM
Well don't you think that some games will be available only in Japan. I don't think it's because that the XBOX is made in America that all games will come from here first. Or am i wrong about that ? :confused:

SciFi
12-29-2001, 01:03 PM
Japan will get games that America doesn't, and the ones that will be real good will be imported to the USA...
that is the way it has always been, just now we will also get games that Japan doesn't as well.

XBOX Dude
12-29-2001, 01:06 PM
i don't know but i think not becasue then couldn't you port xbox games to other systems, you know the sword swings both ways

Frostberg
12-29-2001, 03:02 PM
I think that the USA will always get the games first. It has been like this in Japan forever, but MS is an AMERICAN company...Nintendo and Sony were JAPANESE companies...they got their games first, so we should now get out games first. I dont see any reason why Japan should get their games first...it was always "wahh lets see how it does in the japanese economy" well MS doesnt care about Japan as much because they think that they can never steal Japan away from Nintendo...but then will eventually and MS will rule the video game world...ahem...But anyway there isint really a reason to have japan only games...maybe sega will have a few, but what could MS have? I cant think of any...

Hugh_Jass
12-30-2001, 08:24 AM
There will definitely be titles released in Japan first and maybe never released in the United States. This is primarily due to cultural differences (what each culture considers to be fun). Here are some links if you're interested in exploring the topic further:

While Kabuki Warriors is headed to North America, neither Koei's Nobunaga's Ambition: Chronicle of Chaos or Genki's Phantom Crash have been announced as appearing outside of Japan. With these announcements, Japanese gamers will have some Xbox games of their own, and most likely, it should stay that way.
http://www.gamerweb.com/content/tgs101101_13.html

Though these titles are targeted at the Japanese audience, we are always in discussions with the American side about the possibility of such release.
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2825771-2,00.html

Here is a video highlighting the launch titles for Japan:
ftp://ftp.gameplanet.co.nz/pub/movies/XboxMPG1.mpg

Microsoft's made a series of Japanese announcements over the past year, to climax with this year's upcoming Tokyo Game Show. Last night, however, we all had a taste of the first round of titles that Microsoft has announced for release on the Xbox in Japan, with many no doubt to make their way here to the US as well.
http://xbox.ign.com/news/37790.html

Japan Digital Contents announced at the summit that they were starting the Xbox Fund. This fund will be allocated on a per project basis and will be doled out to smaller developers interested in making content for the Microsoft system. As a result of this fund being started, individuals and businesses will have financial support to make Mahjong and other less popular but distinctly Japanese titles.
http://www.elecplay.com/journalseg.html?article=115

xBoXGaMeR2002
12-30-2001, 08:28 AM
I hope that happens, it would be really nice if we could get some imports.

XboXGangsta
12-30-2001, 08:29 AM
I was told by an MS tech that all regions have different Xboxs, Canada and US have the same Japan and Europe do not, the games have to be redesigned to fit these regions, and most Japan games WILL not make it here, and Microsoft nor a 3rd party COULD make a boot disk for imports.

Frostberg
12-30-2001, 09:48 AM
Well we already know how smart those MS tech people are! I wouldnt trust anything they give you, if you even get anything to begin with!

XboXGangsta
12-30-2001, 10:18 AM
It wasnt the online chat people, I called the Xbox line or whatever, its totally different people, that are alot smarter, my friend asks the online tech if he owned an xbox and he goes No its none of your business!

Vteck3000
12-30-2001, 03:15 PM
YES all XBOX's are different depending on the region you live. Just like normal DVD players. BUt that doesn't mean that a company will not be able to make a cd that will able the XBOX to play import games. For example : they said that the PS2 wasn't able to play all region DVD's......... so in other words if you bought a movie from Australia that wasn't available here .... well you couldn't play it on your PS2......... well guess what happened ????? A company made a cd that you could put in your PS2 so it could play ALL DVD's available in this world. Well that same company can create something like that for the XBOX.............. and that same company or another might try to use that same concept but to play instead IMPORT GAMES for the XBOX. It wouldn't surprise me if Bill will have something to do with that. He will make more money that way.