PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Skies Campaign

Se7en
11-19-2003, 04:23 AM
To those of you who own, or have played Crimson Skies extensively, I'm curious to know what you think of the single player mode. I know it's a great Live game, but is it worth it for just a one player, (w/ occasional friends)?

I won the game from a pretty darned good site ;) online, and I'm very interested in keeping it. Though I should add that my concern stems from the fact that most of the reviews I've encountered talk about it's XBL strength, this kinda spooks me in the same vein as MechAssault.

Lemme know your thoughts, I'd really appreciate it.

Edit- I also meant to ask about the length of the single player, approx how many hours of gameplay do you guess?

Thanks again!

Dark Enemy
11-19-2003, 04:49 AM
Well my girlfriend has been playing it and shes hooked. Im always on r6, but from what ive seen her play the campiagn does look pretty good with alot of action.

LiquidX
11-19-2003, 10:46 AM
Good question man...I wanna know the same thing since I won it too...But even if it is short I cant complain because free is free. Congrats on the win also.

thrAsher
11-19-2003, 10:55 AM
The Campaign mode is a lot of fun. On 'Normal', it is rather easy. On 'Hard', the difficulty is kicked up more than just a couple notches, and your skills are really put to the test. Probably even funner at this difficulty IMHO.

You can fly around doing whatever you like, taking missions as you so desire. The AI is pretty good, and they really take it to you at the higher difficulties. Missions are varied and I can't think of one that really sucked or bored me to tears. You can collect tokens along the way to upgrade your planes as you see fit, which adds an extra dimension to an already rich dogfighter.

Altogether, a nice Campaing mode.

MerimacHamwich
11-19-2003, 12:35 PM
I found the campaign boring and repetetive and the online play horridly laggy. It was a pretty pathetic games minus the graphics in my opinion.

George89
11-19-2003, 07:04 PM
I havent played it on LIVE, but I have played it split screen and the multiplayer is fun. The single player is awsome! I am about 60% through it and it is so cool! The story is very good, the graphics are the best, and the gameplay is awsome. I was also skeptical on this game, but I got it anyways and I am really enjoying it. The levels are VERY open and large with plenty of things to do, you can repair your plane, man a gun turret, race, do little missions around town for money, blow up blimps and take the money that falls out, shoot down other planes, and explore the levels. It comes with a 2 month LIVE trial if you don't already have LIVE.

LiquidX
11-19-2003, 07:53 PM
Sounds like a pretty awesome game... glad I won it....THANK YOU XBA!