PDA

View Full Version : Can I change my XBA user name?

The Xbox Mafia
11-19-2003, 02:07 PM
I was just wondering if I could bacuase I would like to change it to Xbox Mafioso (as suggested Dirty DeStrO) or something else, or will I have to register all over again?

Chaotic
11-19-2003, 02:21 PM
Get in touch with nick-XBA he can change it for you, but you will recieve a post count deduction for having your name changed. Actually i think casper can change it so you may want to also get in touch with him if Nick is busy.

wbio
11-19-2003, 02:58 PM
hmm, I thought the post count deduction was like 200 posts or so, in which case you don't have enough, and it would probably be easier just to re-register. I'm not sure though.

LynxFX
11-19-2003, 03:25 PM
Being such a new member there's not really a point to changing your name. It is such a complicated process.

First thing that happens is that we must run a background check on the user that made the request.

We then compile every word from every post you made and through some complicated algorithms we remove all T's and then we see how many palindromes we can make using the letters from those remaining words. Using the formula:

P = (W/T)*(2/S) Palindromes = (Words/Threads)*(2/# of staff that likes you)

If P is > 28 then we forward the data to our headquarters in Canada as well as send a home DNA kit to your house with a prepaid envelope. 4-6 weeks later we will have a DNA composite of you and your posting abilities and we cross reference that with a database of known forum trolls. If the check turns out negative then we send a sealed envelope with 3 names inside to every staff member and 5 randomly chosen regular members. Each person is only allowed to initial one of three boxes (1,2,3) and after the last person checks a box it is once again forwarded to our home office and the big man takes a final look at the check boxes, picks the name with the most checks and eats the remaining two slips of paper.

With the chosen name in hand, he hand writes "Sucker" and sends your DNA file to the boys in Washington.

So what did we learn? Ahh yes, just register under the name you wanted. :cheers:

silvertrace
11-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA

So what did we learn? Ahh yes, just register under the name you wanted. :cheers:

and i thought nick was the sarcasm machine.......:watchout:

wbio
11-19-2003, 04:07 PM
Being such a new member there's not really a point to changing your name. It is such a complicated process.

First thing that happens is that we must run a background check on the user that made the request.

We then compile every word from every post you made and through some complicated algorithms we remove all T's and then we see how many palindromes we can make using the letters from those remaining words. Using the formula:

P = (W/T)*(2/S) Palindromes = (Words/Threads)*(2/# of staff that likes you)

If P is > 28 then we forward the data to our headquarters in Canada as well as send a home DNA kit to your house with a prepaid envelope. 4-6 weeks later we will have a DNA composite of you and your posting abilities and we cross reference that with a database of known forum trolls. If the check turns out negative then we send a sealed envelope with 3 names inside to every staff member and 5 randomly chosen regular members. Each person is only allowed to initial one of three boxes (1,2,3) and after the last person checks a box it is once again forwarded to our home office and the big man takes a final look at the check boxes, picks the name with the most checks and eats the remaining two slips of paper.

With the chosen name in hand, he hand writes "Sucker" and sends your DNA file to the boys in Washington.

wow, never know it was that complicated :eek: :D :p

LynxFX
11-19-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by wbio

wow, never know it was that complicated :eek: :D :p
You don't even want to see what it takes to become a staff member! :yikes:

Peepers
11-19-2003, 07:22 PM

Yeah, it's probably all that stuff plus some kinky initiation rites. :yikes: I don't even want to know.

Reclaimer
11-20-2003, 12:00 AM
Actually, to become a mod here, you get chosen by Stephen to be initiated. He arrives at your house in a helicopter with 2 strippers. You have to provide the appropriate beverages. Then you must prove that you can party, and be a good sport about things. Then you are whisked away by helicopter to Seattle, Microsoft Headquarters. Before you are awarded a copy of Halo2, you have to swear that the game won't come out until April 2004, which is untrue. If you work for a licensed website, you get the game / you already got the game. Anyway, you have to meet Nick-XBA afterwards. You have to.
Anyway, to be a mod here you have to be physically tough, as well as having the love for xbox. So Nick then challenges you to a fight. You must defeat him in order to get the final rite of passage.
Yes.... it was a tough day. But, I was able to bring Nick down with Reclaimer's patented "boot to the head."
After that, you have to have a beer with Maximus. But it's several, and you must outlast him in a beer drinking binge. He is quite the panty waste when it comes to drinking, and I was able to consume a case of beer and stagger away, while he was out, slobbering cold. Then if you believe all this, then you would believe anything.

Anyway, as for the name change, we charge you half your post count. With such a slim count already, it would be up to Nick if he wanted go through with it. In some cases, you should just start over with a new account. After all, we have to make this difficult or everyone will want to change their names.

Whoopage
11-20-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA
Actually, to become a mod here, you get chosen by Stephen to be initiated. He arrives at your house in a helicopter with 2 strippers. You have to provide the appropriate beverages. Then you must prove that you can party, and be a good sport about things. Then you are whisked away by helicopter to Seattle, Microsoft Headquarters. Before you are awarded a copy of Halo2, you have to swear that the game won't come out until April 2004, which is untrue. If you work for a licensed website, you get the game / you already got the game. Anyway, you have to meet Nick-XBA afterwards. You have to.
Anyway, to be a mod here you have to be physically tough, as well as having the love for xbox. So Nick then challenges you to a fight. You must defeat him in order to get the final rite of passage.
Yes.... it was a tough day. But, I was able to bring Nick down with Reclaimer's patented "boot to the head."
After that, you have to have a beer with Maximus. But it's several, and you must outlast him in a beer drinking binge. He is quite the panty waste when it comes to drinking, and I was able to consume a case of beer and stagger away, while he was out, slobbering cold. Then if you believe all this, then you would believe anything.

Anyway, as for the name change, we charge you half your post count. With such a slim count already, it would be up to Nick if he wanted go through with it. In some cases, you should just start over with a new account. After all, we have to make this difficult or everyone will want to change their names.

yeah...

SiGuy
11-20-2003, 02:27 PM
Reclaimer I think you should have earned God status just for being able to outdrink Maximus

BunnyRabbit
11-20-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by The Xbox Mafia
I was just wondering if I could bacuase I would like to change it to Xbox Mafioso (as suggested Dirty DeStrO) or something else, or will I have to register all over again?

I could change it for you very easily....Just send $20 to the following address:

No not really..But Id bet paying XBA wud up chances of a name change...anyway dont mind it your XBA name is just find. If you were to change it...I wouldnt know who you were.

Peepers
11-20-2003, 08:55 PM

Couldn't this matter be settled with a small "donation" to XBA and/or one's favorite mod? :wink:

Reclaimer
11-20-2003, 10:59 PM
If you donate Crimson Sky to me, I'll do it right away, no questions asked, and I'l even bump your post count up a bit.

Snake Eyez
11-20-2003, 11:22 PM

Rumor is that a COMPLETE physical is involved. Not only is a check for hernias performed, but that OTHER test is also. You know the one I'm talking about. Expressions like these are commonly seen. :eek: :yikes: And then of course comes the :( :cry:

Whoopage
11-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Snake Eyez

Rumor is that a COMPLETE physical is involved. Not only is a check for hernias performed, but that OTHER test is also. You know the one I'm talking about. Expressions like these are commonly seen. :eek: :yikes: And then of course comes the :( :cry:

*Whispers* Hes talking about the finger in the butthole...

Casper
11-20-2003, 11:28 PM
If you donate Crimson Sky to me, I'll do it right away, no questions asked, and I'l even bump your post count up a bit.

I'd go for Rainbow Six,but that's just me :D

l Maximus l
11-20-2003, 11:58 PM

bwahahahahaha! Reclaimer was drinking Zima the entire time while I was drinking Captain Morgan Rum. But, don't worry, Reclaimer....chicks dig Zima :cheers:

LynxFX
11-21-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
But, don't worry, Reclaimer....chicks dig Zima :cheers:

Suuuuure they do. And size doesn't matter. :watchout:

:D

Peepers
11-21-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

bwahahahahaha! Reclaimer was drinking Zima the entire time while I was drinking Captain Morgan Rum. But, don't worry, Reclaimer....chicks dig Zima :cheers:

So that explains it. So Maximus has a hockey player's penchant for heavy drinking.

Shadow20002
11-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Why do you want to change your username ?