PDA

View Full Version : halo 2

stonetim
11-19-2003, 07:27 PM
hey aren't you all tired of waiting for them to release a demo of halo two i loved the first halo but am un sure of the second one!
well i guess i just have to wait!:cry: :cry:

BananaMan
11-19-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by stonetim
hey aren't you all tired of waiting for them to release a demo of halo two i loved the first halo but am un sure of the second one!
well i guess i just have to wait!:cry: :cry:

if you love the first one you'll absolutely adore the second one, it has live play, new weapons, new levels, new campaigns, new vehicles, new everything! it will be awhile til it's out though:mad:

enigma_x
11-19-2003, 07:34 PM
IMHO, Bungie can take as long as they need. I'd prefer to have the best Halo 2 possible than one that isn't as good sooner. But that's just my opinion.

LiquidX
11-19-2003, 07:51 PM
How can you be unsure...if youve seen the E3 footage which every person has at least 10 times you should have total faith in Bungie...I know I do!

MajorTom
11-19-2003, 07:58 PM
Everyone is waiting for halo 2. The expectations of this game are unbelievable. If it falls short of what is expected everyone will be disappointed. And they'll ahte Bungie. Bungie doesn't want to be hated and they obviously have what it takes to make an incredible game (they made Halo). So if they do everyhitn they can to make an incredible game which they will, than they will make an incredible game.

greendog97
11-19-2003, 08:05 PM
nope

l Maximus l
11-19-2003, 08:38 PM
Halo 2 is the only game that can come close to taking the first Halo off of it's throne. Halo is simply the best damn game created, IMO...and Halo 2 is going to top it!

Just by seeing the in-game E3 demo of Halo 2 tops the original Halo! And, that is unbelievable to me... And to think, they didn't even show hardly anything compared to what the finished game is going to be....like more new weapons and vehicles. This game is going to own all....and in a sick and twisted way, Halo 2 is actually going to improve my life :D

Peepers
11-19-2003, 08:40 PM
Hey, they should put the Halo 2 demo on some new, crappy game that wouldn't sell otherwise! They might get a few sales/rentals out of that alone!:D

bretman1234
11-20-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Peepers
Hey, they should put the Halo 2 demo on some new, crappy game that wouldn't sell otherwise! They might get a few sales/rentals out of that alone!:D
That is actually a REALLLLLY good idea. Imagine if they put it on pulse racer, or sneakers. They would be some of the top selling games of all time that never were even played :)

monster1234
11-20-2003, 02:35 PM
I don't know if Halo 2 will be able to dethrone Halo 1. I'm talking strictly multiplayer here because lots of games are better than Halo's single player (repetitive levels/design). But with some of the new features that they're boasting for Halo 2, it almost sounds like it will ruin the multiplayer experiece. I'm not talking about adding it to LIVE because we all know that will be awesome. What makes the Halo multiplayer so good is that everything is equal in multiplayer. Everyone is the same MC. No one is an elite with different abilities. All the weapons are equally powerful in their own way. With these elements, it comes down to just plain basic skill. I hope Halo 2 will follow these same attributes.

E Nomini Patri
11-20-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by monster1234
I don't know if Halo 2 will be able to dethrone Halo 1. I'm talking strictly multiplayer here because lots of games are better than Halo's single player (repetitive levels/design). But with some of the new features that they're boasting for Halo 2, it almost sounds like it will ruin the multiplayer experiece. I'm not talking about adding it to LIVE because we all know that will be awesome. What makes the Halo multiplayer so good is that everything is equal in multiplayer. Everyone is the same MC. No one is an elite with different abilities. All the weapons are equally powerful in their own way. With these elements, it comes down to just plain basic skill. I hope Halo 2 will follow these same attributes.

I'm sure Bungie is smart enough to make the multiplayer characters balanced. They are the best so I'm not worrying about one damm thing.

Peepers
11-20-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234

That is actually a REALLLLLY good idea. Imagine if they put it on pulse racer, or sneakers. They would be some of the top selling games of all time that never were even played :)

Yep that's the idea. Of course they might have to put it out on OXM--they have to provide at least one reason to subscribe.:)

lax_defense
11-20-2003, 11:17 PM
Wait, you mean, you haven't played the demo? O you should try it! Its great!

Stormlord
11-21-2003, 09:44 AM
Halo's single player (repetitive levels/design)

Why is this everyone's excuse on why not to like Halo? Just what part is repetitive? What when you back track to areas from different missions or is it when you're traveling through Halo's structure? Most likely it's Halo's structure but it seems that someone wasn't paying attention to Cortana when she said that it was a Honeybomb system. :o :rolleyes:

Peepers
11-21-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord

Why is this everyone's excuse on why not to like Halo? Just what part is repetitive? What when you back track to areas from different missions or is it when you're traveling through Halo's structure? Most likely it's Halo's structure but it seems that someone wasn't paying attention to Cortana when she said that it was a Honeybomb system. :o :rolleyes:

To be fair, level design was the weakest part of this incredibly strong game. You need look no further than The Library. But overall, Halo's level design--while weak compared to other aspects of Halo--is better than most games' level design. Plus, I mostly played Halo multiplayer and blood gulch is all I needed for a really long time.:D

Thehazard
11-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by monster1234

I think how long they are taking, they better make it so that all new weapons and vehicals even out. I have my faith ;)