PDA

View Full Version : xbox games copies

JustZman
12-29-2001, 08:52 AM
does anyone know what format xbox games are burnt in?
my pc cd-r wont even show a disk is in it

Snoopy7548
12-29-2001, 10:59 AM
i dont know what format, but people are ripping them and burning them. go on irc and go into some xbox channels and ask some questions. i heard that theyre gonna rip the movies so they can fit it on a regular cdr or cdrw.

JustZman
12-29-2001, 11:12 AM
as far as i can tell...there in a dvd format like a 4gig disk..i hope thats just a myth

Vteck3000
12-29-2001, 12:37 PM
The games are done on a DVD 9 format. They can hold 4 times the information of a regular DVD disc. I really doubt that you can burm them right now. If it's true that you can find them on IRC well i haven't heard anything yet. I think it would be really really BIG news if it started to happened.

Frostberg
12-29-2001, 02:48 PM
hmm your cd burner cant read it because its a DVD9, like Vteck said, its like you cant watch DVDs on a CD-ROM drive, you need a DVD-ROM drive...but you cant view the files on a DVD-ROM drive either, it just has a little movie thing and says it is an xbox disc. people forget that you are dealing with the richest company in the world and I dont think they would have lousy CD encryption where you can just copy a cd. I mean, MS makes software and so I think they know some secret ways to make the discs only playable in an Xbox. If it is possible to crack the code, it wont be easy! And in addition if you COULD copy a disc right now, are you gonna run out to buy a $600 DVD burner? I think its better to support the companies that make the games, they deserve the money to make a better game next time around...

XboXGangsta
12-29-2001, 03:46 PM
MS made XP and it has been hacked easily....

Frostberg
12-29-2001, 03:59 PM
I know there were holes in XP that hackers or whatever found about, but a game isint a OS...What I mean is that im sure MS made it pretty **** hard to crack the encryption on an Xbox game. If it was so easy, hackers/crackers already had almost 6 weeks, so it cant be as easy as it may seem. There are always holes and such in an OS, thats why there are updates and service packs...even on patches to PC games they update security...you just cant do that with a game so they have to make it rock solid the first time around...

Snoopy7548
12-29-2001, 04:54 PM
you lamers. we can copy xbox games. go on irc and go into some xbox channels. they are almost done with figuring out how to rip them. they said they would rip the movies so they could fit on a regular cdr. so stop saying that you cant copy games until you get your facts straight. you probly dont even know what warez is or any of that 1337 stuff. f***in lamers.

Frostberg
12-29-2001, 05:06 PM
Theres no way you can fit 9GB+ on a 700MB CD, even with taking out the conematics, you would have to take out audo as well...and even then you would have to degrade the quality...did you even read what you wrote...even talking out the cinematics would be POINTLESS! Who would want to play a game without them. What fun Halo would be if you didnt have any idea what you were suppost to do. There is no story without cinematics! I dont think that you can download a game and it would work...its like if you were copying DVDs...ooo divx movies look sooo good...Id rather not sacrifice the quality of my games just because I dont want to spend the money to buy it. You are the lamer if you are copying Xbox games. Id rather pay the developer for the game they made, they deserve it and it lets them know the game was a success so they will make more games . Ever wonder why you pay so much for games in the first place? Because companies need to charge more because punk kids copie games and sell them to their little friends...You're the "f***in lamer"

egg
12-29-2001, 05:11 PM
you lamers. we can copy xbox games. go on irc and go into some xbox channels. they are almost done with figuring out how to rip them. they said they would rip the movies so they could fit on a regular cdr. so stop saying that you cant copy games until you get your facts straight. you probly dont even know what warez is or any of that 1337 stuff. f***in lamers.

Ok kid.. calm down....Untill you can give proof... SHUT IT........

PLease come again!!!

Hugh_Jass
12-30-2001, 08:22 AM
MODS -- Please close this thread. Piracy does nothing but hurt the XBOX community we're trying to build.

Mark7305
12-30-2001, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
MODS -- Please close this thread. Piracy does nothing but hurt the XBOX community we're trying to build.

I second that motion! Even though I would like to see some games ripped, it really would degrade the quality of the game. I can justify shelling out 50 bucks for a game that will keep me hooked for hours.

As for PC games.... that's another story.

Frostberg
12-30-2001, 09:46 AM
I know! If you are too silly and dumb to not pay a lousy $50 for a game then you dont deserve to have an xbox. Its not right to steal money from gave developers. As a punishment I sentence all of the pirates to play Kabuki Warriors for the rest of their lives!

XboXGangsta
12-30-2001, 10:19 AM
Thats pretty harsh, thats worse then the eletric chair!

JustZman
12-30-2001, 10:36 AM
After all this excitement..I'm kinda glad i asked the question!

scottmackey
12-30-2001, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
you probly dont even know what warez is or any of that 1337 stuff. f***in lamers. Oh my God. You are so cool, come party with me! Seriously. I want to hang out with you. You are such a badass!

JAC
12-30-2001, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
you probly dont even know what warez is or any of that 1337 stuff. f***in lamers.

No offense man, but knowing what warez is and what 1337 stands for really doesn't prove much. For every true hacker out there, there's about 1000 little kids on the internet spouting phrases like, "1337 Haxerz 0wnerz Jo0 A11!" It's as trendy as Michael Jackson's red jacket was. Hopefully you were around then and know what I'm talkin about. :/

XboXGangsta
12-30-2001, 01:03 PM
1337 = elite w4r3z = pirated games that you can download from almost anywhere j00= you which equals a wannabe h4x0r, go back to bed, its past your bedtime

Frostberg
12-30-2001, 01:05 PM
No, michael jackson and bubbles the monkey 4 eva!

JustZman
12-30-2001, 01:14 PM
we don't need to fight over this..it was just a question about the xbox format
also who really cares about "leet" and "warez"
i'm close to 40 and i know what it all is..what era do u think this all came from..surely not the newbies out here now..it was us old timers that started all the pirates 1st

XboXGangsta
12-30-2001, 01:17 PM
I pirated a whole computer from cuba :D

JAC
12-30-2001, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by XboXGangsta
I pirated a whole computer from cuba :D

lol

XboXGangsta
12-30-2001, 02:32 PM
I R h4x0r g0d :D Not really....

JAC
12-30-2001, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
No, michael jackson and bubbles the monkey 4 eva!

Isn't it sad that some of the richest people in the world are such freaks?

Sheesh forget Elephant Man bones and paying for 10 year old boys and spend some money on Xbox game development!!! :rolleyes:

Vteck3000
12-30-2001, 03:36 PM
Burning XBOX games will never happen for a very very long time because you need a DVD 9 burner to burn them first of all and you need to break the code inside the XBOX ........ which to my knowledge hasn't been hacked yet. All the people that think that this machine will be easy to break are dreaming. If you can't afford good games why don't you buy a LamCube or a PofS2 so you can burn your games and play with them. Thank you :D

P.S. support the developpers

Frostberg
12-30-2001, 03:48 PM
lol I feel like buying a DC just to play the sports games...the 2k2 series is only $20 a game at best buy and the 2k1 seties is $10...so for the price of 2 xbox games I can get the DC, NBA2k2 and either 3 2k1 games or another 2k2 game and a 2k1 game...good deal for the bargain sports game player...