PDA

View Full Version : Halo Price Drop.

Pool Of Blood
11-20-2003, 01:54 AM
I was looking around of ebgames.com and saw that halo is now 29.95. Witch is cool for ppl that don’t own it yet just thought id let people know.

Out of curiosity does any one know if something big is gunna happen with halo they usually don’t do price drops tell then new game comes out or tell it stops selling.

l Maximus l
11-20-2003, 01:59 AM
Well, that could be a temporary price drop or sale, however, I can tell you that nothing special is going to happen to Halo...other than it's the best friggin' game ever created. The sequel is expected no earlier than March and could come out as late as May. That's the recent predictions anyway.

Though, on the other hand, it may be time for Halo to drop in price. Hell...it's been out for just a week over 2 years...so, why not?

My mentality is that if a person hasn't played this game and has an XBox, they either just got their XBox and haven't picked it up yet or they are completely clueless and should go pick up a purple easy bake oven for $99.99 from Nintendo :D

By the way, welcome to XBA :cheers:

Kraft
11-20-2003, 02:10 AM
Circuit city is dropping the price on all the units we have... and it doesn't look like a sale price... My bet is it is permanent.

mattgame
11-20-2003, 02:17 PM
I work at EB and it is a permanent drop. It is a sign that the next is coming out and that it is doing well. It should be around April though no time soon.

StudioAlex
11-20-2003, 02:26 PM
Dang, I was hoping it would go down to 20. I lost my copy a few months ago and I want to pick it up again. I really think it would out sell every other game this season if it were reduced down to twenty.

Pool Of Blood
11-20-2003, 04:23 PM
Thanks for all the info.... Wasnt sure with all these rumers going around.

kenji
11-20-2003, 06:37 PM
Welcome to XBA.:cheers:

I have to agree with Maximus. it has been out for a long time, its about time that it had a price drop.

Shadow20002
11-20-2003, 07:06 PM
Welcome to XBa first !! :)

Today i was with my dad going together to Future Shop. I was like a little surprise about the price for each game. There are like 5 $ instantly remove for a new game just release.

EvilPepper
11-20-2003, 09:08 PM
About damn time... thats all i can say... i was hoping it would have gone down in price when i bought it last summer. mind you it says a lot when it still sell copys after 2 years at its original price... if oly microsofts computer games could hold suite eh?

DocHoliday78
11-20-2003, 09:29 PM
Welcome to addict man. Yeah prices have been dropping latley. This just makes it more unbelievalbe to own a xbox and not have this game.

gerbil
11-20-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Pool Of Blood
I was looking around of ebgames.com and saw that halo is now 29.95.

i assumed that it's $29.95 US .. ??

WrathfulPoppa
11-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Welcome to XBA :cheers:
Wait, you guys already welcomed him?
http://h2ofiles1.europe.webmatrixhosting.net/shoot.gif
Any objections?

By the way, don't let any of these hypocrites get to you. I'm the Guru and everyone here knows it. Now if you'll excuse me I've got a horn to toot.

l Maximus l
11-21-2003, 12:11 AM
I saw the price drop today, too. Yes, it appears that it's a premanent thing everywhere...which is a very smart move. By the time everyone has their own copy (or copies) of Halo, everyone will be geared up to buy Halo 2...that is if they weren't ready in the first place.

Man, I can't wait to show all of you Halo n00bs how to play this game :D

DocHoliday78
11-21-2003, 12:13 AM
Well you need to get on XBC with everyone, I usually play with a dude named MadMax. See you there.:cheers:

l Maximus l
11-21-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
Well you need to get on XBC with everyone, I usually play with a dude named MadMax. See you there.:cheers:

I have a sweet server if you live on the West Coast. I've hosted a few 16 man matches over the brilliant XBConnect :D

Pool Of Blood
11-21-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by gerbil

i assumed that it's $29.95 US .. ??

Yea that's USD, Thanks for the welcome every one.

Just a thought do you think they are lowering it because they are gunna bundle halo with the Xbox? :watchout:
Who knows.

xbox genius
11-21-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Nick-XBA
Circuit city is dropping the price on all the units we have... and it doesn't look like a sale price... My bet is it is permanent.

sounds like you work at Circuit City. if ya do can you tell me if they will have a sale on laptops? PM if possible otherwise i might not see the response...

anyways i think the price drop hints halo's platinum hits. i dunno but thats all i got to say