PDA

View Full Version : What game console did you have before xbox?

xboxbabe
12-29-2001, 09:47 AM
Curious to see what systems you guys had before the box and do you still play it and what was or is your fav old game?

xboxbabe: ps1 & n64 (still)

Wolf1171
12-29-2001, 09:53 AM
I still have my N64 and Dreamcast. But only use the Dreamcast

Soul Caliber
NFK2k2

The Xbox rules, there is no use for any other consoles (except Dreamcast)

BDHES
12-29-2001, 10:00 AM
I started a loooooonnnnggg time ago..Still have my Atari gathering dust in a closet somewhere.. NES for my little cousins because of Duck Hunt....Super NES which I keep just because of Metroid...N64 for Turok, Donkey Kong and GoldenEye..Now XBox for Halo, PGR and Max Payne...I never get rid of an old system because one never knows when the urge will strike to play one of the "classics"....

Adios,
BDHES :cool:

Brogium
12-29-2001, 10:29 AM
I've only got my Dreamcast. Sad to see it die but because of that I got an Xbox so maybe I am happy. :confused: Anyways I still play Dreamcast. I play NFL2k2, Tennis2k2, NBA2k2 and World Series Baseball 2k2. Yeah I've almost got the whole 2k2 set.

TRIGGAH
12-29-2001, 10:47 AM
Well I started with good'ol NES, than I got a Sega Genesis, than a Playstation and now the XBOX. When I bought PS1 I only played it for a combined total of 50 hours in 2 years, after I sold it I never thought I would buy a video game system again. Until the 16th of November when I walked in to Future Shop and saw Halo on a 63 inch HDTV with Surround. All I said to myself was WOW. Bought it on the spot with no hesitation.

Snoopy7548
12-29-2001, 10:52 AM
started with atari, but i never played it because i was like 1 or 2 years old (im 16 now), had nes, snes, genesis, n64, psx (still have it), and now i have xbox

Wolf1171
12-29-2001, 11:04 AM
I never did get an Atari, but my parents bought me an Intellivision for Christmas one year. That thing rocked, I can still remember playing games like TRON on it.

After that I got a nintendo (duck hunt and boxing) and kept the Intellivision until the super nintedo's (super mario and starfow)came out.

After I got the super nintendo, I purchased a sega genisis and that blew every other game console away at its time. Kept the sega for a few years upgrading to the 32x, sega cd.

Then the Video game revolution realy began to heat up with nintendo's new N64 (zelda is a game for all time), so I got rid of the super nintendo and the sega for the N64. At the time is was a great choice but, then I heard of the new sega console coming out (the Dreamcast).

I new that having 2 vidoe game conoles in the house wouldn't be that bad. So, I dropped the $299 for a Dreamcast for Xmas the year it came out and OMG!!!! I couldn't belive it, Soul Caliber has sooooo much eye candy and the game play was much better than Mortal Combat on the sega.

The playstation 2 came out the next year and I wasn't sure about it and decided not to splurge.

So I waited patiently for the release of the next generation console, the XBOX. And I would trade every console I own for one of these suckers because you cannot imagine the gameplay and graphics on a game like HALO until you turn up the dolby digital 5.1 and turn down the lights (the flood gave me chills at 3am in the morning).

For now I am an XBOX man, until someone thinks up or comes out with something superior to the XBXO. It will be a very long wait before any does though!

Ninja Scroll
12-29-2001, 11:18 AM
Well ninjababe aka xboxbabe :D

I had (and still do) a Sega Dreamcast with 38 games to this date! My favorite titles for my DC are Soul Calibur, Skies Of Arcadia, Shenmue, & the NFL/NBA 2K series.
Before the DC I owned a Sega Saturn. That's a pretty big gap in between systems, but promised myself never to turn to the dark side and purchase a Sony system. I I never bought a PSOne or PS2.
All the gaming consoles I ever owner are (in order from the 1st to last): NES, Genesis, umm...32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, & now the awesome Xbox.
My first non-Sega system in over a decade!

Ninja Scroll
12-29-2001, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Wolf1171

I new that having 2 vidoe game conoles in the house wouldn't be that bad. So, I dropped the $299 for a Dreamcast for Xmas the year it came out and OMG!!!!
[/B]

YO dude, Sega Dreamcast debuted at $199.99! On 9/9/99 :rolleyes:

JAC
12-29-2001, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by xboxbabe
Curious to see what systems you guys had before the box and do you still play it and what was or is your fav old game?

I've bought and played many games on the pc and judging by the fun and time spent, I'd have to say the favorite of all time on the pc was Starcraft. I played that for about 2 years before calling it quits. hehe

My last console was PS1. My favorite game on there was Tekken 3. I thought it was very well done for its time. I love the fighting system of that game. I seriously hope that Xbox gets Tekken 4 and it blows my mind even more than that game did in its day. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

EDIT: Almost forgot... I've sense given that PS1 and about 40 or more games to my niece. That was the Christmas before this last one. She's been having a blast. I'm making a gamer out of her! mwhahaaaa

Wolf1171
12-29-2001, 11:34 AM
Opps, typo! at $199 the dreamcast was expensive (for me) and everone wanted one at that time they were hard to get.

At least I didn't have to buy a bundle with it :)

Integra Man
12-29-2001, 12:09 PM
i had n64 i loved it . had over 20 games 5 controllers (dont ask incase one broke down) and it was sooooo much fun. i love nintendo games. i still do i still think lamepube is *** but n64 was awsome.

anuj
12-29-2001, 05:38 PM
PS, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Saturn

XboXGangsta
12-29-2001, 05:42 PM
PlayStation, PS1, 64, SNES, Genesis, Virtual Boy, Game Boy, GBA, Game Boy Color, NES, and an Atari I found in the attic

Topconsole
12-29-2001, 06:12 PM
Commador 64, Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Dreamcast,had a playstation 2 but I sold it, and now the best of the best,, XBOX!!!.. I still enjoy playing the oldens though.:D

Imported
12-29-2001, 06:32 PM
Ive had an atari 2600, i think that was it
Nintendo,
game up gaming for a few years
PS2
now the Xbox
:)

xboxbabe
12-29-2001, 07:22 PM
Wow, I didn't think I would get this much of a responds! By the way, I forgot to let you which games I liked, so here they here:

ps1:Tomb Raider 1-4
Medevil1-2
Resident evil2
Dino crisis1-2
Legend of lagaia
Gt1-2
Tomba-1-2

n64: 007 Goldeneye
Terok
Banjo and touie

And of course all the old classics on nes which I dust off once in a while.

WhiteWynter
12-29-2001, 07:30 PM
its cause we're attractive to your hormonal scents you leave when you post. i **** you not.

i had a cruddy playstation

Warhead2k3
12-29-2001, 08:00 PM
NES, Genesis, PC (not really a console but a played games on it), N64, and now after a 7hr wait in line at walmart on nov14/15 the great XBOX:D