PDA

View Full Version : DVD Problems, anyone else, or solutions?

JAC
12-29-2001, 11:19 AM
Currently my Xbox is connected to an older vcr, a Panasonic. The vcr is connected to an older tv, Phillips Magnavox (the tv doesn't have the tripple connection - just a coax type connection). I have the dvd attachment and have been renting some dvd's lately.

I'm having a problem with trying to watch dvd's. They're watchable, but the picture will go darker, then lighter, over and over. If it would stay lighter then it'd be a perfect picture. We're thinking there's a chance that the hookup is somehow causing this. We're praying that we don't have a faulty Xbox.

Anyone have any insight for us here????

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Wolf1171
12-29-2001, 11:37 AM
The problem you are experiencing is from the copy protection of the DVD's. Since you have it hooked up through your VCR the copy protection is keeping you from recording the DVD to tape.

Try hooking up the XBOX without the VCR and try watching a DVD.

JAC
12-29-2001, 11:40 AM
Thanks bud! We were hoping it'd be something like that. Like I said, they're older, so we know we'll be getting a new tv. It would have sucked if the Xbox had been broken in some way. This comes as a huge relief. Thanks. :)

Ninja Scroll
12-29-2001, 12:07 PM
YO JAC, dude pretty much summed up this thread with his reply to your question.
But you said your getting a new TV right? Well make sure it is "S-video" or better.
I have a regular 27 inch Panasonic with the basic A/V cable hook up which mean watching DVD's is not all that much differnet looking than a new 4head VCR.
It still looks cleal & crisp, but nothing like a S-video input/output TV.
And their not that much more expensive than a A/V television. :)

Wolf1171
12-29-2001, 12:41 PM
I actually disconnected my DVD player from my main TV and use the XBOX for my dvd player with the S-video and the Digital Optical Cable you cant go wrong.

GokuX
01-06-2002, 07:03 PM
Motoko, like they said U can't have it hooked to a VCR or the picture will get darker then brighter. U need to hook it directly to your TV set. There is nothing wrong with your XBox.