PDA

View Full Version : What's the best multiplayer Halo game you've ever played?

Salmonaitor
11-20-2003, 01:13 PM
My buddies and I are playing tomorrow night, and we're stuck in a bit of a "Slayer" rut. The question is, what is the best game of Halo you've ever played? eg. Invisible CTF with rockets.

WrathfulPoppa
11-20-2003, 01:40 PM
Here's an old post on this:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45104

Salmonaitor
11-20-2003, 02:22 PM
Thanks, although I'm still trying to figure out if that was a helpful hint, or an annoyed response. If it was the former, thanks again, if it was the latter, go stick it.

lax_defense
11-20-2003, 11:25 PM
My friends and I have a really great game that we like to play which I aptly titled "Mayhem".
logistics of the mode:
-Invisibility is on
-Rockets(or human weapons, but rockets is more fun)
-somewhere between 50-75 kills
-No shields
-50% health
-play on Wizard(or Prisoner, but Wizard's more fun)
-Targets over your head, or nav points or whatever(remember, your invisible, and you have to aim under it)

That should give you a few hours of enjoyment. You could play ctf, but there's no real point, because your playing in the smallest levels. Its fun, that should take a few months before it gets old.

l Maximus l
11-21-2003, 12:02 AM
One of the most fun games I like to do once in a while is play Rally with Warthogs only and Rocket Launchers at Blood Gulch :D It gets nuts! Team Rally is great, too...but, free for all is awesome, especially with 16 dudes.

I also like to mix up games like Rockets only at Prisoner. Shotguns only with no shields at Wizard is also great.
Oddball is friggin' sweet, too (the mode where it's a free for all carrying the skull).

I only play those once in a while since I love Team Slayer, regular Slayer, and CTF so much.

Koopa
11-21-2003, 12:41 AM
team slayer
blood gulch
hogs and rockets only
maximum shields.

have fun:D

RagunCajun
11-21-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by WrathfulPoppa
Here's an old post on this:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45104
What he said. Read what i wrote in that thread.....thats what i like.

l Maximus l
11-21-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Koopa
team slayer
blood gulch
hogs and rockets only
maximum shields.

have fun:D

Dude...no offense, man...but, that sounds pretty lame. Actually, I know it's lame...some dude hosted a game like that on XBConnect...okay, some n00b...it was long and annoying.

lol...I guess I'm poopy pants tonight :D

WrathfulPoppa
11-21-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Salmonaitor
Thanks, although I'm still trying to figure out if that was a helpful hint, or an annoyed response. If it was the former, thanks again, if it was the latter, go stick it.

Nah, I was being helpful, I'm not one of those :cuss: that gets mad because a post has been done before. Who's to say you were around when that post was? I just wanted you to see all of the ideas that have been said before so we could keep the list going with a firm base.

Enjoy the game types (especially mine, its the best. Don't believe me? Try it with 4 people...)

:cheers:

-Matt

silvertrace
11-21-2003, 09:40 AM
i'll throw a few ideas out there.....

1. 400% health, no shields, all shottys, crazy king of the hill @ longest

2. 200% health&shields ctf @ hangem high, rockets only and flag must reset....this makes u have to "guard" the flag rather than just run over it, also the bases in the map have targets on them for perfect rocket hits as the person tries to score....

3. normal health, short range only, assault ctf @ chiron...personally i've played every combination for halo....and it doesnt really matter gametype it is...i enjoy them all....and these are just a drop in the bucket of em....

THE ALL-TIME most balanced gametype for people who claim that their friends "screen watch"......

kill in order FFA, you only get points for killing your target and that person has the bullseye over their head...but u could be somebody elses target and not know it.....makes the game intense and balanced, experiment with diff weapons and maps, but some of the best are all shotty/rockets at either rat race or prisoner.....

RagunCajun
11-21-2003, 07:09 PM
I only like 400% when i pllay around. Other than that if it isnt on regular with shields....i dont play.

Koopa
11-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Dude...no offense, man...but, that sounds pretty lame. Actually, I know it's lame...some dude hosted a game like that on XBConnect...okay, some n00b...it was long and annoying.

lol...I guess I'm poopy pants tonight :D
you damn poopy pants :D

its just fun to run around blood gulch and shoot a hog with a rocket, watch it flip 3 times in the air, land on the ground, and keep driving away:D its best played with friends in person, not on xbc where you can't laugh together.