PDA

View Full Version : Counter Strike, Conflict Desert Storm 2 or Rainbow Six 3

The Xbox Mafia
11-20-2003, 02:54 PM
Im asking for a bunch of Live eneables games this christmas and I wanted to geta online military game. Ive played Conflict Desert Storm 2 and I really think it kewl, but so many people seem to say that Counter Strike is awsome, and then theres Rainbow Six three which looks good aswell . So out of the three which one is your favourite and why?? (do Rainbow Six or Counter Strike offer a third peson view,and which ones actually offer online play)

T-FiNGeR
11-20-2003, 03:07 PM
Counter Strike and RainBow 6: 3 offer online play on XBL, and both of them are 1st person view. Conflict is not online but offers 3rd person view.

Cold_As_Ice
11-20-2003, 03:08 PM
I personally couldn't choose between Counter Strike, and Rainbow Six 3, so I purchased both of them. Conflict Desert Storm 2 is mediocre trash.:cool:

BananaMan
11-20-2003, 03:15 PM
counter strike AND rainbow six 3 because they're the best fps games on live right now IMO:cheers:

MerimacHamwich
11-20-2003, 07:16 PM
My order:
Rainbow Six 3
Conflict Desert Storm 2
Counter Strike

I believe that order accurately portrays graphical scale, gameplay scale and enjoyability scale.

EvilPepper
11-20-2003, 08:41 PM
man rainbow 6 is week the AI are lower in IQ then rocks... i would take "back to bagdad' over it any day.... conterstrike although a little on the old side would be my first choice.

MerimacHamwich
11-20-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by EvilPepper
man rainbow 6 is week the AI are lower in IQ then rocks
I never knew rocks could kill...

Anyhow, he wants a good live game, Rainbow Six 3 is the best live game out to date in my opinion. Also, why are you talking about the "horrible" AI of Rainbow Six 3 and then you say Counter Strike is the best of the 3? Dare I say Rainbow Six 3 has much much better AI than any game out yet (on Xbox), let alone better than Counter Strike.

DocHoliday78
11-20-2003, 09:27 PM
I haven't played CS yet but i can tell you that the chances of it living up to RB6 are very slim. This game is awesome, dont even think of playing Conflict Desert Storm. The game is horrible.

Titty
11-20-2003, 10:40 PM
i have both rbs3 and cs and if your looking for a realistic style fighting game then def go with rbs3. graphics are amazing and the game is a lot of fun.

as for cs, its more of a rtcw style play with jumping and all that. the games ok but you can't compare it to rbs3.

so in conclusion, if u want a more realistic type game then go with rbs3. if you are a rtcw fan then go with cs.

rbs3 would be my choice.

WrathfulPoppa
11-20-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by EvilPepper
man rainbow 6 is week the AI are lower in IQ then rocks... i would take "back to bagdad' over it any day.... conterstrike although a little on the old side would be my first choice.
http://h2ofiles1.europe.webmatrixhosting.net/dumbposter.gif
I hate kids.
<Guru>
First of all, Rainbow Six 3 is not "week". The AI changes its difficulty depending on your ELO which is basically how good you are. What does this mean? It means that you sucked at the game so the AI sucked back.
http://h2ofiles1.europe.webmatrixhosting.net/laugh.gif
</Guru>

Reclaimer
11-20-2003, 10:56 PM
Rainbow6 if you want realism. Think, a Ghost Recon as a SWAT Team.
Counter Strike for online multiplayer experience. Think, a game just built for online multiplayer experience.
Conflict 2 for an arcade shooter that utilizes a 4 man squad on one xbox. There you go. Think Brute Force, except in Iraq.

They all might be military games, but they each offer something different. Don't go with Conflict2 unless you liked Brute Force and that whole set up. That game is the way to go if you don't have live, or a system link. It doesn't suck either.

MerimacHamwich
11-20-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA
It doesn't suck either.
Agreed. Definetly a cool game, and *gasp* it has better graphics than Counterstrike as well. The ragdoll physics are awesome, same with the shockwaves from explosions. Also having the ability to control four squad members introduces a whole new element to the game. It's a strategic game, that just won't stop.

OC Noob
11-21-2003, 01:03 AM
Too bad EA sucks donkey nutz and never made BF 1942 for the Xbox. Its like an updated version of CS with vehicles.

Like the other guys said though, if you want a sim go for RB6 3, if you want a bit more of an arcade shooter go with CS. Don't get me wrong, its not arcade like UT is, its just not as much of a sim as RB6 3.

I might actually get live when UT2k4 come out on Xbox and its bound to happen now that MS is publishing it. Its going to be like Halo MP on steroids:D

l Maximus l
11-21-2003, 02:21 AM
Check the XBA staff reviews for all three of these games. You may find them very insightful :)

Splinter-Seal
11-21-2003, 06:41 AM
Reclaimer summed that up nicely. I too, am also a very satisified Conflict Desert Storm II owner. The game has been heavily polished in comparison of to the first one -not a bad game at all. Rainbow 6 III is in my opinion the king of the three with it's stellar graphics, gameplay, meticulous weapon models, and sounds, not to mention the LIVE play. However, I found R6 III's single player campaign to be a great challenge myself -maybe I just suck at the game *shrugs*. Counter Strike is great, but it's only great if you have LIVE. You need LIVE to help you get past the "ugliness" the game produces. LIVE helps this tremendously -it's hella fun.

studepaber
11-21-2003, 09:18 AM
IMO R63 > CDS2 > CS with R63 being much better than the other two.