PDA

View Full Version : Dead or Alive Still Earning Profit for Tecmo

Shadow20002
11-20-2003, 07:13 PM
Japanese publisher Tecmo, best known for its Dead or Alive series of beat 'em up titles, has announced a 260 million Yen (€2 million) profit in the first half of 2003, on rising sales of 3.9 billion Yen (€30 million).

The results, which show a 40 per cent increase in year-on-year turnover for the company, are mostly down to the continuing success of the Dead or Alive franchise - with a boost in unit sales from 350,000 in this period last year, to 628,000 this year.

Dead or Alive 3 Platinum and Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball are both fingered as key successful titles, and the company has high hopes for the second half of the fiscal year - which will see launches for titles including Dead or Alive Online, and another Xbox exclusive which is being heavily promoted by Microsoft, Ninja Gaiden.

Source@ (http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=pub&aid=2591)

smack_roscoe
11-21-2003, 10:53 AM
No surprise there. DOA3 is STILL the most goregous game on any system.

Thehazard
11-21-2003, 03:02 PM
Its gotta be the hot chicks they program.

Trento52
11-21-2003, 03:57 PM
I don't care much for teh chicks in the game but i think they are spoiling us with beautiful games. Dead or Alive also did better because i think since it was exclusive which attracted me to buy it. I also know that ninja gaiden will be a killer game and it is exclusive so i am definatley going to get it.