PDA

View Full Version : Most looked to Vech. of halo ?

theslayer45
11-20-2003, 09:15 PM
Personally i would probably(after playing halo pc) would have to be the banshee in multiplayer. Its so much fun flying around in a banshee on blood gulch, but now i dont really play halo pc much anymore, trying to boost up my skills for halo2, but it would probably have to be the banshee in multiplayer or the rocket warthog, those things are pretty cool as well :cheers:

Peepers
11-20-2003, 09:38 PM
I'm most looking forward to the return of the good ol' trusty Warthog (aka Puma). It would be hard to find a better balanced, more fun vehicle for CTF. Does this make me lame?

BananaMan
11-20-2003, 09:41 PM
i can't wait for the ATV! http://www.ddclive.com/html/emoticons/la.gif

gerbil
11-20-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Peepers
I'm most looking forward to the return of the good ol' trusty Warthog (aka Puma). It would be hard to find a better balanced, more fun vehicle for CTF. Does this make me lame?

hopefully we can pick some chicks up with the puma ... :D

l Maximus l
11-21-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by BananaMan
i can't wait for the ATV! http://www.ddclive.com/html/emoticons/la.gif

Ditto here...I gotta try this thing right away :D

dd deeznuts
11-21-2003, 02:26 AM
i cant wait for that atv man that going to kick ass hopefully it will be super fast and manuverable. it will be fun to hit jumps and see how much air you can get. also all the new warhogs look really sick i like the snow hog with the tracs badass

l Maximus l
11-21-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by dd deeznuts
i cant wait for that atv man that going to kick ass hopefully it will be super fast and manuverable. it will be fun to hit jumps and see how much air you can get. also all the new warhogs look really sick i like the snow hog with the tracs badass

Yeah, this game is going to be nuts...I can't wait to smoke all of your asses on XBL :D

The DDC representin'

Peepers
11-21-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by gerbil

hopefully we can pick some chicks up with the puma ... :D

Yeah, because God knows you can't pick up chicks in a tank...well except for Sheila...nice tank lady.

CC-CRC
11-21-2003, 03:00 PM

Yeah, because God knows you can't pick up chicks in a tank...well except for Sheila...nice tank lady.

Dud i knew you could pick up chickin in a tank.... lol

GO Rocket PUMA!

Thehazard
11-21-2003, 03:04 PM
Being able to finally dive bomb someone is gona be to cool, Banshee all the way

mitch2025
11-21-2003, 03:34 PM
im looking forward to the ATV. its going to be bad ass

Peepers
11-21-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by mitch2025
im looking forward to the ATV. its going to be bad ass

The image above for your convenience:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=3341

Yeah, that looks awesome. I'm still pondering uses however as it leaves the driver awfully exposed.

E Nomini Patri
11-21-2003, 03:57 PM
Yeah, that looks awesome. I'm still pondering uses however as it leaves the driver awfully exposed.

It may be exposed, but it's hella fast so you're pretty safe unless your opponents (like me) are handy with a rocket launcher :)

jelgiad
11-21-2003, 04:03 PM
i would have to say the atv because, as far as i know, its the only completely new vehicle. all the others look cool, but they are all just mods from the original vehicles

kenji
11-21-2003, 04:11 PM
All of the above for me. ATV probably the most because it's going to be fun to to jump in. Ghost doesn't give you the same feeling.

ShannonX
11-21-2003, 05:25 PM
definately the ATV, i've used the others, so I want something new. :D

LiquidX
11-21-2003, 05:35 PM
I really want the ATV. I dont think the Banshee in multiplayer will be fun... on Halo PC if your not playing with friends there is always a banshee whore who just flys around until someone respawns then just runs them over.

Peepers
11-21-2003, 05:40 PM
I'm really surprised by all the enthusiasm for the ATV. True, it looks awesome, but what new functionality can it offer? Well, I guess I won't know for a few more months, but dang am I excited. I'd like to see some multiplayer in-game footage before I can make my final decision.

PapaSKooT
11-21-2003, 05:56 PM
GO ATV!

theslayer45
11-21-2003, 06:15 PM
I'm really surprised by all the enthusiasm for the ATV. True, it looks awesome, but what new functionality can it offer? Well, I guess I won't know for a few more months, but dang am I excited. I'd like to see some multiplayer in-game footage before I can make my final decision.
Yeah man they need to release some multiplayer footage before it releases.....Man i just cant wait,
well anyways :cheers:

Stormlord
11-21-2003, 06:17 PM
I'd go with the warthog/rocket warthog. If they have a multiplayer like assault and defend this will be the most convenient vehicle since it can transport troops, is fast, and very good handling . All the vehicles will add a huge edge to the multiplayer. ATVs and Ghosts for recon, skirmishers, and guerilla attacks. Tanks for anti-infantry, heavy artillery, and a mega assaults cause it carries 5 people. Banshees for aerial support. And of course the tranports, Warthogs and the Covenant Shadow. Halo would kick ass no matter what multiplayer modes but I pray they do put assault and defend. It's the sole reason why I still play Unreal Tournament. WHile Unreal 2 won't look as good as the PC version I eagerly anticipate the day that they release the multplayer specs since it will be team-based and have vehicles. Looks like Digital Extremes wants to compete with Bungie. Back to topic......uh, Halo 2 kicks ass......:cheers: Hopefully if there's a Halo 3 we can fly the pelican and have a full blown online war like Bf1942. :D :cool:

DocHoliday78
11-21-2003, 06:41 PM
The banshee looks pretty badass. Dont count out the atv though. If only it was out for the holidays....:cry:

RagunCajun
11-21-2003, 07:02 PM
I prefer foot battles. But i'll have to see the new vehicles. They all better be balanced.

armyof_one/ltd
11-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Driving a Motorcycle would rock!!

I think the warthog is cool but I guess you can fire your guns in the atv´s, I just want any atv.

Peepers
11-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by armyof_one/ltd
Driving a Motorcycle would rock!!

I think the warthog is cool but I guess you can fire your guns in the atv´s, I just want any atv.

Hmmm...If you can fire guns on the ATV that might change things a littlebit, but I don't see it competing with a ghost, which can strafe.

Prankster101
11-21-2003, 07:29 PM
I vote for the warthogs man its going to be great with the transport warthogs drivin good old marines around.

I wonder if you will be able to use the transports in miltiplayer.
Man that would be sweet you and like 5 other MC's driving around in 1 warthog. Hehehe. :cheers:

Peepers
11-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Prankster101
I vote for the warthogs man its going to be great with the transport warthogs drivin good old marines around.

I wonder if you will be able to use the transports in miltiplayer.
Man that would be sweet you and like 5 other MC's driving around in 1 warthog. Hehehe. :cheers:

What you call sweet, I call a rocket/grenade magnet, which I guess would be sweet for the rocketeer/grenadier! lol

Stormlord
11-21-2003, 07:39 PM

What you call sweet, I call a rocket/grenade magnet, which I guess would be sweet for the rocketeer/grenadier! lol

And the rocket engineer aiming for the transport will be easy bait for an elite sniper or banshee. :cheers: :D

theslayer45
11-21-2003, 10:55 PM
True, but if you have a skilled driver he can miss the granade and run you over, even easier with a gunner!
later :cheers:

bobby9989
11-22-2003, 08:45 AM
ATV all the way!

armyof_one/ltd
11-22-2003, 12:31 PM

Hmmm...If you can fire guns on the ATV that might change things a littlebit, but I don't see it competing with a ghost, which can strafe.

Well I think it would be logic because f not nobody would drive them, but maybe they are faster than ghosts or have some weaponry equiped, I´d drive them anyways if they didnt have guns :)

E Nomini Patri
11-22-2003, 12:34 PM
It's says in the EGM Halo 2 special that ATV's are about twice as fast as Ghosts, which makes flag runs much more exciting. They can't wait to try it out in low gravity!

theslayer45
11-22-2003, 05:08 PM
Man, twice as fast, you could get from base to base in like what? 5 seconds, man that would rock!

JJaX
11-22-2003, 05:54 PM
I want huge maps and pelican drop ships.

theslayer45
11-22-2003, 06:29 PM
I would like a pelican with a gun turret on the back, or maybe one that can haul like 4 others and they can all throw garendes out the back, like a bombing run! that would piss people off soo bad:cuss: but it would be soo much fun,

RagunCajun
11-23-2003, 10:49 AM
Damn twice as fast. They better do somethin to even the game out. I dotn wanna knwo that the guy has my flag and i can do anythign to get it back. CTF would be so cheap with that.

Ford Mustang
11-23-2003, 12:08 PM
You're right. But I'm sure Bungie will take care of us.

About the Pelican thing, that would be so awesome! If it had like a couple rocket launchers and machine guns, and it could hold a Warthog or 2 atvs with guys inside, that would be so freaking awesome. Also, some huge maps would be good too. I think it would be awesome to have a jungle map with buildings and some clearings.

Do you know if you'll be able to go prone in Halo 2? If so, that would be even more awesome. Need some better hiding spots too. Hence the need for the jungle map. An urban map would be sweet also. :)

Stormlord
11-23-2003, 12:29 PM
I'm sure there will be atleast one urban map since it will be spartans vs covenant. If assualt and defend or conquest are a multiplayer mode then it's a sure bet we'll see some massive battlefields and an urban city. :cheers: :D

Prankster101
11-23-2003, 04:22 PM
I would be sweet if there was a single player lvl and it had the pelican idea with the gun turrents and you flew around and took out some covenent. :cool:

Peepers
11-23-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
It's says in the EGM Halo 2 special that ATV's are about twice as fast as Ghosts, which makes flag runs much more exciting. They can't wait to try it out in low gravity!

Wow. That sounds both odd (that they're faster than a hovercraft) and extremely unbalancing in CTF matches. Oh well. In Halo 1 I rarely play with any vehicles other than warthogs. I play a lot of CTF, where the Warthog is in my opinion the only vehicle you need in those games.

RagunCajun
11-24-2003, 09:33 AM
Wow. That sounds both odd (that they're faster than a hovercraft) and extremely unbalancing in CTF matches. Oh well. In Halo 1 I rarely play with any vehicles other than warthogs. I play a lot of CTF, where the Warthog is in my opinion the only vehicle you need in those games.
agreed. Only times I use all vechiles is when my lan buds get REALLY bored. The new vechiles will be awsome till they get old. they im guessin back to only hogs for ctf.

Almost forgot. Even though vechiles might seem unballanced, there are new weapons so perhaps that will take care of it. I'd like some sort of seeking missle. But that has its ups and downs.

Peepers
11-24-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by RagunCajun

agreed. Only times I use all vechiles is when my lan buds get REALLY bored. The new vechiles will be awsome till they get old. they im guessin back to only hogs for ctf.

Almost forgot. Even though vechiles might seem unballanced, there are new weapons so perhaps that will take care of it. I'd like some sort of seeking missle. But that has its ups and downs.

Seeking missile? Unless it seeks less than a charged plasma pistol blast, that would probably be extremely unbalancing.

RagunCajun
11-25-2003, 06:00 AM
Yeah i know. It would have to be ballanced. I love the RL in halo cuz it doesnt home in.

trabucles
11-25-2003, 07:37 AM
i agree dude

treyz3
11-25-2003, 09:04 AM
The ATV should rock!

RagunCajun
11-25-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by treyz3
The ATV should rock!
I think it would be cool to be riding ya ATV full speed with the flag going to score and you turn around. All of a sudden u see a seeking missle catching up.......BAIL!!!

JJaX
11-25-2003, 01:48 PM
Maybe to counter act the ATVs speed, the atv will blow up with a few well placed shots.

XxMasterExX
11-25-2003, 03:01 PM
i think that the atv will be the best vehicle. but it probaly wont be able to take much damage

RagunCajun
11-25-2003, 03:46 PM
IF it cant take much damage, then a rocket wouldnt be needed at all. You know some bullets can take it out from far. Hmmm 1 single sniper round can detroy it.....kinda lame to a point.