PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 2 to be unveiled in March

Chr0nik
11-21-2003, 08:39 AM
[21/11/2003: 10:22]
That's the latest rumour winging its way round the web, anyway, with reports that it'll be on show at the Game Developers Conference

Reports yesterday revealed that Microsoft have plans to unveil Xbox 2 for the first time at March's Game Developers Conference. The California industry shindig played host to the original Xbox being revealed for the first time back in 2000, so it makes sense that Microsoft would take a similar route with its successor.

Apparently, the machine's technical specifications will be revealed (which, no doubt, won't actually mean much to anyone outside the development community) along with some tech demos of the hardware in action.

Current talk is that the machine will be released in late 2005 although it's been suggested that it won't be called Xbox 2 so that casual punters don't confuse it as being of the same generation of hardware as PlayStation 2.

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?subsectionid=159&articleid=66230&pagetype=2

RudedogX
11-21-2003, 09:11 AM
As I've said numerous times...E3, this next year...we will see all of the new versions of the consoles for the big 3 introduced.

Dirty DeStrO
11-21-2003, 09:16 AM
It is much more likely that MS would just wait a few more months and do it at E3 in May ... which is the biggest show of the year.

StudioAlex
11-21-2003, 10:32 AM
Why can't my system last for at least five years? Boo hoo. Oh well, glad to hear they are naming it something other than xbox 2.

mattgame
11-21-2003, 10:37 AM
I aml excited to see what it will look like and what it will be able to do.

RudedogX
11-21-2003, 10:38 AM
The system will last. The system will just be introduced at that time. Remember, the Dolphin was introduced 2 years before the Gamecube ever came out.:confused:

Chaotic
11-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Vauge details will be released at that confrence so they can at least let the industry know that it exists and is in production. The full system specs and demos will be show at next years E3, and i can't wait to see it :cheers: