PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Gamepro Disinformation

terrapin
12-29-2001, 05:30 PM
Gamepro is reporting that "Xbox owners won't be any happier any time soon: Allied Assault is PC only, and the Xbox version has been 'indefinitely postponed'" (Issue #161, FEB 2002, page 22, second paragraph right column).

I know that Gamepro news is either late (usually a couple of months) or just plain wrong. This time they are both. According to this article on Gamespot (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2815673,00.html , POSTED: 10/01/01), "the game is still in development but might be delayed. It reads "the status of the Xbox version of Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, which is also in development for the PC platform, was rumored to be in question, but according to EA, the game's status for the Xbox has not changed at this time. However, the development team is currently focused exclusively on finishing up the PC version of the game, which, according to sources, could delay the release of the Xbox version." Hopefully this will help anyone confused by the Gamepro article. Later.

Did anyone notice the difference in dates? Feb 2002 article versus October 2001 news. How many months in advanced do they write these magazines anyways?

XboXGangsta
12-29-2001, 05:46 PM
Well your saying it hasnt been postponed and that was in October of 01, which was 2 - 3 months ago, when at that time it might have not been, at the Gamespro magazine goes ahead 1 month so January = Decemeber and February = January and so forth so until the company makes an updated statement I would go with GamePro

terrapin
12-29-2001, 06:48 PM
You're assuming that Gamepro's lead-time is only one month (articles written in November appear in the December issue). I believe their lead-time is more like 2-3 months.(see note) Since I know from experience that Gamepro news is neither timely nor dependable and I haven't found any information to support what they are saying and Gamespot has written an article rebutting that exact rumor, I tend to believe that they are wrong. It seems to me that this information would not be exclusive to Gamepro and that an electronic publication would have published this already. Searching the web I haven't found any evidence to support or refute this information. Though, I did find that Gamespot article and xbox.ign.com and teamxbox both have Medal of Honor: Allied Assault being released in February 2002.

I am hoping someone has concrete evidence supporting or denying this information. But everything I am finding has been vague. Oh well.

EDITED: I think their lead-time is closer to 3-4 months. Today (Dec 29) I received their February magazine. This means that there was no writing in January so they have at least a 4 week lead-time. Add to that printing and shipping time around 3 weeks (2 weeks to print and 1 week for shipping) layout and editing account for roughly 2-3 additional weeks. So using this timeline the earliest they could have written that article was 10 weeks ago or roughly 2 ½ months ago. Two and a half months from today was the middle of October. So at the time that was probably the most accurate information they had and they didn't factor in EA's response to the rumors. Well at least it sounds reasonable to me.

rlange
01-05-2002, 10:15 AM
Yea EA whats the scoop. We need this game!

From what I can see it takes from 30-90 days to recode a game from pc to console so we should have at least an idea when its going to come out. Nothing concrete on the web about a release date for the xbox.
It seems EA will not even say.

Game stores say Jan 22nd for pc version but they don't have a date for an Xbox release so that is not a good sign.

Rlange

crotch_on_fire
01-06-2002, 01:48 AM
well...if EA decides not to bring it out...we still have Battlefield 1942 to look forward to..:) ....er,,,...maybe:confused:

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 12:34 PM
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault is definately coming to the XBox. I got a confirmation by simply calling EA direct :D But, they do not have an offical date when the game will be released to the XBox. They are also making this game for the PoS2, I understand.

terrapin
01-07-2002, 03:51 PM
knew my buddy Maximus would know the status about this game :)

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by terrapin
knew my buddy Maximus would know the status about this game :)

hehe...I'm looking forward to this game, too, buddy :D If you ever want to check, Electronic Art's customer service number in Redwood City, CA is (650)628-1500 :D

Supperdog
02-01-2002, 03:35 PM
actually ps2 will have a much worse looking MOH game...not MOHAA tho

XxeGoxX
02-05-2002, 04:31 PM
Umm cool i guess.But EA i hope they dont port it off the pc.