PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed Underground

JDHack0822
11-21-2003, 08:08 PM
Just rented Need for Speed Underground. It's actually pretty fun to play atleast at first. I don't think it is going to be as good as PGR2 which I plan to get soon. It's worth atleast checking out if you like racing games. I usually can't stand EA games but this one isn't too bad. Don't think I would pay $50 for it. The tracks seem to be a lot of repeats. Let me know what you guys think.

Stormlord
11-21-2003, 08:14 PM
The only need for I have is Road & Track Presents Need for Speed on PSX. To me it looks like a good rent and a possible buy but Sega GT, PGR, and Gran Turismo..atleast to me are better.

Ford Mustang
11-21-2003, 10:26 PM
I might pay the full money if this game were on Live. But EA is mad ghey so that's not going to happen. I can't wait for SegaGT Online, though, that game is going to be the shiznit. :cheers:

slickbmw
11-21-2003, 11:09 PM
dude go with PGR2 it is sweet on live u can play two player live it is amazing

RagunCajun
11-22-2003, 08:48 AM
I bought NFSU and i like it. Only problem i dont like is that the tracks are WAY too simular. Cars are pretty cool. I like the cars because they are all pretty much even unlike previous NFS titles. I like playing online with people. I just wish it was more user friendly. But i bought a modem along with NFSU. Within 10 min i was playing on the net. Very easy and simple. oh btw, playing online is FREE. oh yeah, i got it for PS2.

Stormlord
11-22-2003, 05:37 PM
It's free for now. Wait for the next NFS and we'll see what's free.

ghost 009
11-22-2003, 05:50 PM
I thought NFSU was like MC2 only 10x better.

alexsktbrdng
11-22-2003, 09:24 PM
in NFSU can you customize your car? for that matter, in any game can you customize cars? (color, rims, body kit, etc)

RagunCajun
11-23-2003, 10:45 AM
Dude explain ya question more clearly. You can change rimes, body, decals, vynals, pipe tips, neons, tint, brake calipers, spriolers and more stuff.

You can also upgrade turbos, engines, and drivetrain 3 times thourgh udneground mode. This is however nessasary though. Also the game is good on the AI no matter what youll get the chalenge u want. Before each race u can pick easy, normal, or hard

The Jackal
11-23-2003, 04:36 PM
yeah i saw previews for this game and its sweet the way you can customize your car... i might rent it one of these days but i doubt ill buy it

rubysoho77
11-23-2003, 05:22 PM
i can't believe this many people like sega gt, i didn't think much of it, still don't
i didn't like how you had to burn out for the first like 3 gears then finally pick up speed

JDHack0822
11-23-2003, 08:59 PM
I've played a little more of NFSU and it's getting kinda repetitive. I know now that I won't be buying it, I think PGR 2 is gonna be worth the money. I think the online factor is cool, though I probably won't play much since I don't have Live yet. Maybe I will be able to find some people on XBC. Anyway I'm waiting for GT4 for PS2 there still isn't a racing game out there that comes close!

Prankster101
11-23-2003, 09:19 PM
I was wondering how the graphics compare to PGR2, they look good but i dont know if they are equaly as good.

Hero
11-24-2003, 02:25 AM
hmm.. i was really thinking of getting this just becuase my brother wanted a racing game where he could upgrade his car like in segaGT. but if people like segagt more then i guess i wont get this.

Heavens Gate
11-24-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Ford_Mustang
I might pay the full money if this game were on Live. But EA is mad ghey so that's not going to happen. I can't wait for SegaGT Online, though, that game is going to be the shiznit. :cheers:

I agree. No online play, no money from me. That's the way it will be. Fuk EA and screw their rice car game. I have a rice car that I upgrade so I don't need to do it in a videogame.

RagunCajun
11-24-2003, 09:29 AM
Hmmm some more haters on NFSU. All these complaints are kinda geting old. It's there first attempt that this game and it's a great one.

However this is what i feel toward purchasing the game. Dont buy it for xbox if u get tired of racing AI. You can only go online with the pc and ps2 version. I bought the ps2 version and its very cool. Race in underground mode, fix up ya car then race online. Its fun racing online with my ps2 one. Lots of fun.