PDA

View Full Version : Unreal 2 for Xbox Coming in November?

Shadow20002
11-21-2003, 08:17 PM
The three Tantalus titles to hit the shelves this holidays are Unreal 2 on X-Box, Top Gear Rally on Game Boy Advance, and Monster Truck Madness, also on Game Boy Advance.

Unreal 2, set for release late in 2003, will become the first ever online console game to be released by an Australian developer. The game is based upon Legend Entertainment's highly lauded PC title, and has been developed by Tantalus in collaboration with Legend, Epic Games, and publisher Atari. The game is one of the most highly anticipated console shooters of the year, and comes loaded with an all new teamoriented multiplayer mode, supported through X-Box Live.

I noticed that Tantalus' website notes the following:

Tantalus is proud to announce that it is developing Unreal 2 for X-Box in partnership with Atari, Legend Entertainment and Epic Games.
The game will feature new multiplayer modes and X-Box Live. Unreal 2 is scheduled for release in November 2003.

George89
11-21-2003, 08:42 PM
I think it is supposed to come out in December 2003 now

theslayer45
11-21-2003, 09:05 PM
Isnt unreal 2 that game with the vechiles called like unreal2 the awakening? Just wondering,
Later :cheers:

daneford
11-21-2003, 10:07 PM
Unreal 2 should ship on December 2... Im gonna get it hopefully by the end of the year, Im a huge fan of UC so I'll love this:D

DIGITAL
11-22-2003, 12:07 PM
yeah im looking forward to this game ,an i cant wait to see what the new multiplayer games are about

Cryogenic Pyro
11-22-2003, 12:53 PM
This one of the games I'm super pumped about, but the thing is, I probably won't get any games for a long time, because the only thing I really want for Christmas costs so much my parents both have to pay for it to give it to me(They are divorced). So yea, no Xbox games this Christmas.

...But... My birthday is on January 4th, so then I'll be able to get a few :D.

Kortiz
11-22-2003, 02:09 PM
wtf are you getting? a car?

anyway, I thought Unreal2 was just single player. most folks that got it on the pc were disappointed because it didn't have online and the single player was too short.

so if this has online play............WUWU!!!!

pepitonet
11-22-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Fosho
wtf are you getting? a car?

anyway, I thought Unreal2 was just single player. most folks that got it on the pc were disappointed because it didn't have online and the single player was too short.

so if this has online play............WUWU!!!!

yep count me in on the disapointment part,the game features no multiplayer options whatsever,no online play, the engine was misused,graphics are simplistic, eviromnet are just there but have no interaction(you can shoot whatever you want for how long you want and when you stop there won't be any marks left)

No Fear 23
11-22-2003, 11:53 PM
damn, so much, not enough money.

i gotta get

Links 2004
Project Gotham Racing 2
and possibly unreal 2.

lol, gotta get another job.

ShannonX
11-23-2003, 12:47 AM
lol, i might have to get a new xbox, so feel lucky. =) But yeah, there are a few games that i need to pick up, XIII is one of them, and rs3 is the other... Just gotta get some debt payed off before i spend to much though.

Liquid Gears
11-23-2003, 01:54 AM
Whoopti Do

I won't be renting it or buying it. I hate UC period.

Yeah, that'll be all.

JonTheCanuck
11-23-2003, 08:17 PM
i honestly never like any of the unreal games. I picked the first one up for free after a mail in rebate, and tried demos for the others. I dont like quake style games with just mindless shooting with no purpose or reason. Gotta have a strong story to drive them.

daneford
11-23-2003, 08:27 PM
check at ebgames.com, its been pushed back to Febuary 2004!!:( :cry: