PDA

View Full Version : Fable: update news !!!

Shadow20002
11-21-2003, 08:19 PM
The Fable team needs help creating "hero titles":

Spend too long lurking in the shadows of a graveyard with the undead minions, and you’ll find the name “Necromancer” becomes available to you.

Source@ (http://boards.bigbluebox.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7526)

About Fable
Fable is a ground-breaking role-playing adventure game from Peter Molyneux, in which your every action determines your skills, appearance, and reputation. Create your life story from childhood to death. Grow from an inexperienced adolescent into the most powerful being in the world. Choose the path of righteousness or dedicate your life to evil. Muscles expand with each feat of strength; force of will increases with each work of wit. Obesity follows gluttony, skin tans with exposure to sunlight and bleaches bone-white by moonlight. Earn scars in battle and lines of experience with age. Each person you aid, each flower you crush, each creature you slay, will change this world forever. Fable: Who will you be?

Official Site (http://www.fablegame.com/)

CarGuy
11-22-2003, 05:55 AM
Thanks. I go to those forums and I over looked that post..

thrAsher
11-22-2003, 08:26 AM
Nice find, Shadow! :cheers: Very nice.

Yeah, CarGuy, I drop by the BBB boards once in a great while. Too much silly conjecture for me to participate, though. I basically go to see if any new info is out, and to see what Gradius has said is 'in' at the moment.

Anyhow, for anyone who's wondering, looks like Lionhead is having a little contest in which they are looking for creativity. That is, they want you to e-mail them w/ a title related to your hero's activity. So, yeah, if you'd like the slim chance of being a part of this wonderful RPG, go read the post Shadow has linked above and e-mail you ideas to samvantilburgh@lionhead.com.

Here's some ideas I had:

How 'bout if you're an axe-wielding, will using hero, people call you "The Cleaver Weaver"?

Or, if you wear no armor and fight with a small blade, you're known as "the Nimble Knife"?

Maybe, if you spend more time loafing around towns then out questing, they call you "the Timid Terror".

Perhaps you eat like a pig but are a ferocious, heavily armored hero, and are referred to as "The Mutton Mangler".

Or, you go into battle w/ in a beserk, suicidal flurry, and take great risks for any reward, you could be known in Albion as "The Thrasher"....

Just some ideas. Don't know which I'll send in, though.....

Brevity
11-22-2003, 11:19 AM
Cool. I really think this game has been delayed to long. I hope its worth it.

thrAsher
11-22-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Brevity
Cool. I really think this game has been delayed to long. I hope its worth it. No doubt! Some of those guys on the BBB boards have been there for YEARS... I just heard of this game last year, and am sick w/ anticipation. Serious, as dumb as that may sound, I want my Fable NOW! :cry: Really, though, they just announced it too early. If we had just heard of Fable say, this summer, it'd be a whole different thing.

To anyone interested, this link is to a member FAQ at BBB regarding Fable. Some very good info here.

http://boards.bigbluebox.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7523

Shorezy
11-22-2003, 11:27 AM
I'm looking more and more forward to this game! Each time i see it i think it may just blow Morrowind out of the water! Nice find Shadow, i'll be sure to check out those forums more often now.

Nameless
11-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher

To anyone interested, this link is to a member FAQ at BBB regarding Fable. Some very good info here.

http://boards.bigbluebox.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7523
How much about the game does this FAQ give away? I'm only asking because I don't want to be reading, find out every little detail then be left totally unsurprised by the game itself.

All I know about Fable is you can do basically whatever you want, and ppl will react to you accordingly. I also know you can start a family, well so I hear. Thats more or less all I know, and wanna know.

Anyway I'm stoked for this game. Its the whole reason I wanted an Xbox to begin with. The wait is so long tho :(.

Shadow20002
11-22-2003, 01:27 PM
I want it badly, hopefully it will come in 2004.

Hero
11-24-2003, 01:53 AM
i personally view it as a super version of morrowind. i just hope it gives me a 100+ hours of gameplay like morrowind did ;)

thrAsher
11-24-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Nameless

How much about the game does this FAQ give away? I'm only asking because I don't want to be reading, find out every little detail then be left totally unsurprised by the game itself. No real spoilers. I've read so much on this game that it's hard to say, really. It's a really good FAQ, though, and gives a lot of insight into the gameplay and mechanics. It's a collection of tidbits from interviews w/ Dene Carter, the head honcho over at Big Blue Box. So, yeah, no spoilers and a ton of interesting info.