PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live World Champions Clan Interviewed

Shadow20002
11-21-2003, 08:21 PM
As many people know you participated on the Ghost Recon: Island Thunder tournament and the finals were held in France. What can you tell us about the tournament? How long was it? Was it over LIVE or System Link? What countries participated? The trip, prizes, etc…

It started off as an online competition. One of my online buddies mentioned to me there was a GR tourney where you win a trip to France. I of course thought he was BS'n me but checked out the email. Looked too good to be true, top ranked rifleman on the stats board wins the chance to compete to be the world champ of xbox live. So I went to work building up my stats, a week later, the email arrived letting me know I had won the USA qualifier and was on my way to take on the other finalists.

The final round consisted of 10 of us, 8 countries in Europe and 1 from Canada. We had a few practice rounds of Rainbow Six 3, and then let our skillz run wild in the first 4 minute solo match. Top 5 advance to the finals, and I barely made it, finishing 3rd. Final round, I hit my zone, and destroyed em all with 17 kills, second with 11. I nabbed myself a bose system, which was a surprise to us being announced after the win, and 15 microsoft studios games over the next year.

Source@ (http://www.xboxsolution.com/article1038.html)