PDA

View Full Version : Halo- 2 betrayal

mordecai
11-21-2003, 09:09 PM
Any of you have ideas as too who is refered to in the title of "Two Betrayals"? I know one of them is 343 guilty spark but who else?

J4320
11-22-2003, 02:19 PM
Does it really matter?? :watchout: Anyway, I would suppose maybe that the Covies are now being attacked by sentinels and flood........... Wait... That wouldn't work because the covenant are against three:eek: (marines, flood, and sentinels) I'm not sure just use your imagination...............

No Fear 23
11-22-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by mordecai
Any of you have ideas as too who is refered to in the title of"Two betrayal? I know one of them is 343 guilty spark but who else?

the Flood betrayed the Covenants. 343 quilty sparks along with the sentinels(he controls then) betrayed Master Cheif.

this should be right

mordecai
11-23-2003, 05:53 PM
I don't know if they meant that the covenant were betrayed by the flood, it just doesn't make sence. That would imply that they were allied at some time or else they couldn't have been betrayed. 343 Guilty Spark betray's the MC but most of the other combinations don't sound right. Flood/cov and human/cov seem farely non-sensical but if 343GS was allied to the covenant and they/he betrayed him/them, it could explain it. That may be it because in "The flood"(novel) the Covenant knew about halo and the forerunners, they gatherd technology from them, so it's possible they were allied at some time. Maybe I'm just crazy but that does make some sence.

Reclaimer
11-24-2003, 01:36 AM
I thought betrayal one was Guilty Spark trying to lure MC into activating the halo. That's when Cortana steps up and figures out that halo is a weapon.

As for the second, I wasn't too sure. Maybe the revolt of the Flood against you and everyone there. Because I figured the Flood where trying to take the first ship off of Halo, being the Truth and Consequence, belonging to the Convenant that also was stranded on Halo. So I guess that fails, and they begin to congregate towards the Pillar of Autumn... thus the end of the game where you see them all walking/limping towards the Pillar before it explodes. I do remember hearing a spoken bit in the game that the Flood could actually eventually repair a ship and take it to where ever and spread like the plague they where. That was the fear, and thus an added rush to beat the Covie's.

JediMasterChief
11-27-2003, 01:01 PM
Actually, Reclaimer, the name of the ship is Truth and Reconcilliation and not Truth and Consequence.

As said, betrayal 1 was obviously 343 Guilty Spark (or also known as The Monitor) who betrayed Master Chief. The second betrayal I think that was the Flood betraying the Covenant, which was also mentioned before.

To get the details, you people should read Halo: The Flood, which is the book based on the game. I'm currently reading it.

J4320
11-27-2003, 01:21 PM
Your reading the Flood JediMasterChief? Im reading the fall of reach.... These are really good books! im on the part when John 117 goes on his first mission. What part are you on in the flood? And isn't there also a new book of halo coming out in december?

BunnyRabbit
11-28-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by j4320
Your reading the Flood JediMasterChief? Im reading the fall of reach.... These are really good books! im on the part when John 117 goes on his first mission. What part are you on in the flood? And isn't there also a new book of halo coming out in december?

Oh no doubt those Halo books are awesome... Especially being that you more than likely have played the game and the descriptive words of the book mixed with what you know produce awesome images in your mind...Overall great reading.

I havent read the Flood, but now that I am reminded Im adding that to my Xmas list. ;)

mordecai
11-28-2003, 10:06 AM
I've read both books and I didn't notice any alliance between the covenant and the flood. In the book they show a side story about some covenant and there was no mention of the flood on their part, so I highly doubt they could have been betrayed by the flood.

happyhotdog
11-30-2003, 09:55 PM
guys wtf are u talking about? the book?

J4320
12-01-2003, 05:09 PM
Yes, books.... They are AWESOME! I would really recommend them. If you don't understand the story of Halo then you might want to consider getting a book.:D

gerbil
12-14-2003, 02:29 AM
i'll look @ those next time i'm @ chapters ... thanks!!

BlindSniper
12-14-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

the Flood betrayed the Covenants. 343 quilty sparks along with the sentinels(he controls then) betrayed Master Cheif.

this should be right

that sounds right, 343 betrayed master cheif, while maybe it did the same to covenant, flood turned on covenent when thye let em out?

mordecai
12-15-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by BlindSniper

flood turned on covenent when thye let em out?

How can the flood turn on the covenant? To "turn", you must be with them at some point but there is no reason to assume that the flood has allied with the covenant. Besides, I don't even know if it's possible for them to ally, they don' seem very intelligent.