PDA

View Full Version : Gta 3

N1ghtM4r3
11-21-2003, 11:54 PM
I was just playing GTA 3 for about two hours. I decided to qiute ad went to my hide out to save, but as soon as the door shut, it frove. This is the second time it has happend to me. I hate doing everthing all over. Anyone else have the same problem?

Ford Mustang
11-21-2003, 11:57 PM
I think I have heard from other people about some bugs in this game. Sometimes it doesn't happen in the same spot all the time. I relate it to someone tripping. If there's something there or not there, that is supposed to be, they trip and fall, which is like the computer/ Xbox freezing. There's nothing you can do to stop it, really.

bretman1234
11-22-2003, 12:14 AM
Yeah im on statton island and i did like 8 missions and forgot to save in between them so i went to save and it froze. Ya it really sucked. Anyway, I just did them over again.

Lucifer_Hawk
11-22-2003, 01:04 AM
I had some of those problems on GTA, and I kinda noticed that I was playing my soundtracks like crazy and when I didn't play em it wouldn't freeze up, but when I played them alot, it froze up. Maybe I am dumbd and that has nothing to do with it freezing, but that is just a little something I noticed.

ramprider0
11-22-2003, 01:46 AM
I just traded my Gamecube for a PS2 and it comes with GTA3 and Vicecity would it be worth it to trade them for the Xbox GTA: DP just curious because if its not that much different I'm just going to play it on my PS2?

Berserker
11-22-2003, 06:30 AM
this has happened to me once so far..
had to redo several missions and go hunting for a few hidden packages i had found.
real pain in the ass.. i recommend saving between every few missions, and especially after the more difficult missions. might be a little more time consuming but it will save you the frustration.

Ninja Scroll
11-22-2003, 08:10 AM
Damn fellas, I just purchased my Xbox Double GTA Pack (first game I bought since early September, ouch!) last night.
I played GTA3 foe da first time foe about 30 minutes.

Im glad I know of dis freezing b.s. before I get too invalved and it happens to me after I complete several missions without saving.
Look, Xbox games freeze all da time.
It's unfortunate you gotta always worry about saving a game while you play just in hopes to avoid your game freezing and losing progress.
I think it takes away from da fun.

Does Vice City for Xbox have dis same problem?

:watchout:

Duke
11-22-2003, 10:12 AM
I haven't had a freeze in either game, but if Morrowind taught me anything, save every time you do something you might not want to repeat.

It doesn't really take much time, especially if you've been buying hideouts. Hell, even if you only have the original, it doesn't take THAT long to get back to it.

ramprider- graphics are improved, custom soundtracks, eh, other than that, I can't think of anything. This has been discussed a lot, so if you do a search you'll probably find more helpful info than I have.

DIGITAL
11-22-2003, 12:02 PM
i dont know what ninjas talking about but i never had a xbox game freeze,

StudioAlex
11-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by ramprider0
I just traded my Gamecube for a PS2 and it comes with GTA3 and Vicecity would it be worth it to trade them for the Xbox GTA: DP just curious because if its not that much different I'm just going to play it on my PS2?

If it will cost you more money, I would say it isn't worth it.

Kortiz
11-22-2003, 01:29 PM
I have played probably 5 hours of the game...not too far into it either.

Anyway, I have not had any problems yet.

I haven't even opened Vice City yet as I want to play the first one....first.

AloneInTheDark
11-22-2003, 01:40 PM
I have quit playing this game, everytime (ok well like 9 times) I went to save, it kept freezing, well only in vice city.

xbox genius
11-22-2003, 02:39 PM
my xbox gamse never freeze, ever. well maybe once on splinter cell and on halo, but thats it, i have first gen xbox too, and it still works fine.

just get used to saving every so mission.

JJaX
11-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Damn you lazy fools. Go get your xboxs fixed and you wont have these problems.

Stop blaming the games.

Luke007
11-22-2003, 07:56 PM
so far i like the game, but im only renting it.

i dont think the xbox is capable of playing dual format discs like MW .. but im unsure about GTA if its dual layered.

ColdStone
11-22-2003, 09:29 PM
So far I have had to big problesm with GTA3 as far as it freezing. Infact the only game that gives me that kind of headache is Morrowind GOTY. But thats because my Thomson drive doesnt like reading the disk. Planning on fixing that very soon...

thrAsher
11-22-2003, 09:46 PM
Trip out!

I just chipped in on the DP w/ my brother and started out w/ GTA III. I've played the other two on PC, and popped in III and was right away hooked.

Now, back to 'trip out'. I've played about 5 hours on a Thompson drive in a box I bought a year ago. It runs fine. No hiccups.

Just lots of cops. :cool:

ColdStone
11-23-2003, 02:15 AM
Actuly after I posted my first message I played some more GTA3. This time I did get a glitch. I was going a mission where I needed to bust this Yakuza guy outa jail. Well when I went to plant the bomb car ner the station I counled see how to get in because off the graphics for the roads, walls ECT were gone! It looked as if I was driving on just air! After I restarted though everything went back to normal.

OK so Morrowind isnt the only Game that gives me trouble.

Ninja Scroll
11-23-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Damn you lazy fools. Go get your xboxs fixed and you wont have these problems.

Stop blaming the games.

I dropped 3 balls on dis Xbox console, I should'nt have to get it fixed or spend any moe of my cheese on it.
I blame Microsoft foe purposely makin dem joints freezable in order to make more cake off da gamers by sending our hardware to dem and spending more money os they can pocket it.

I bought a DVD lens cleaner and it aint do much good.
I know some of da software it to blame like ESPN NFL2K4!!

I still aint had no problems with GTA Dub Pack.

Though I have had my share of other Xbox games dat pulled da okie doke on da Kid!:cuss:
btw, dem GTA graphics are garbage. Dude hittin peeps with da bat looks so phoney.
Oh well, I guess it aint all about da visuals.
Oh, and does da main character ever talk? Dude aint said a word and I played like 4 or 5 missions so far.

Da best part is dem custom tracks.
Aint nuttin like hearin G-Unit Stunt 101 while havin da pigs chase you!:wink: NAW MEAN!!!

JJaX
11-23-2003, 12:21 PM
Turn off the "Trails"

Makes the game look a little sharper.

thrAsher
11-23-2003, 12:45 PM
WTF were they thinking adding that 'trail' effect, anyway? Looks crappy for the most part. Kinda nice when it's raining, though.

On the soundtrack tip, I flip to the Classical station when I got the five-oh all over me just for chits 'n giggles.