PDA

View Full Version : Should I get DDR?

shapoopy
11-23-2003, 02:19 AM
It's expensive but it's really fun (on ps2 and arcade)

should I get it there ain't reviews on it for xba

lemmygreen
11-23-2003, 10:22 AM
Wait until the price goes down. While you wait, play it at the arcade.

NorCal Kid
11-23-2003, 01:12 PM
I would suggest getting the bundle. I got it on the 19th and haven't stoped playing it for a while. There are some great new songs and some great new play modes and stuff. The Live support is great too, the only falut is that when your playing online you just play one song and then that game is over, and you go back to live menu. But when me and one of my friends were playing we just took turns making a game and then just invited each other. Some people say that you shouldn't pay for DLC but its been said that every month there will be 1 song pack with 5 songs in it. But I would suggest getting it even if you don't have live.

Shadow20002
11-23-2003, 01:30 PM
I don't know but i think it's worth to get at full retail price right now. This game is fun for years. :)

JDJDJD
11-23-2003, 06:45 PM
i never liked those games. closest thing i ever played to them was frequency on ps2

xbox genius
11-23-2003, 08:29 PM
yeah this game sounds good to me, i really want it too, but i was wondering does it include only 1 pad? or more? i want four pads...
but i think i'm getting it when price is at least 50 or lower.

Peepers
11-23-2003, 09:27 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I never understood the appeal of the DDR craze.:confused:

FuNkY mOnK
11-23-2003, 10:08 PM
What the fcuk is DDR?

Peepers
11-23-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
What the fcuk is DDR?

Dance Dance Revolution

FuNkY mOnK
11-23-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Peepers

Dance Dance Revolution
Thanks for clearing that up.

NorCal Kid
11-23-2003, 11:32 PM
The bundle comes with the game and just one pad, Xbox genius, do you really need 4 pads? You need a lot of space, a big tv(cuz each indiviual players screen isn't that big)and the people to play 4 player. There are Mad Catz and other pads that I think you can buy, but the Konami one is a lot better than I thought. The pad has some good non slide stuff on the bottom and really good plastic on the top. The Konami ps2 pad I got a hole in the top in like 5 days of playing.

Flood
11-24-2003, 05:27 AM
nah...u gotta go all aout and buy the $80 arcade solid platforms :) none of this mat crap...hehe

if you're gonna play, play it in s-t-y-l-e...STYLE!!!!!

Peepers
11-24-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA
nah...u gotta go all aout and buy the $80 arcade solid platforms :) none of this mat crap...hehe

Now do you see why DDR people are crazy?

LTM360
11-24-2003, 10:34 AM
Ive got a cheap ass Naki pad for $19.99 on Playstation and it works fine. I plan on buy the bundle for Xbox though cause its a licensed Konami pad with DDR:Ultramix for $69.99. Ill probably ask for that for Christmas, and maybe buy a PS2/Xbox controller converter so I have 2 pads. But yeah, I'd tell you to buy it if you like it on PS2 and Arcade.

FragMaster B
11-24-2003, 12:37 PM
I've never quite understood this DDR thing either Peepers. I never played it, but my inital thought is that if you wanna dance, go out to a club or bar and try it with someone of the opposite sex... not at home with your xbox...

Again, I'm uneducated in the DDR area, so my comments may be worth squat.

shapoopy
11-24-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA

thas the way I play and what was your highest recoed ever for DDR?

WrathfulPoppa
11-24-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by FragMaster B
I've never quite understood this DDR thing either Peepers. I never played it, but my inital thought is that if you wanna dance, go out to a club or bar and try it with someone of the opposite sex... not at home with your xbox...

Again, I'm uneducated in the DDR area, so my comments may be worth squat.

It really doesn't have much to do with actual dancing, it's just keeping up with the beat and knowing when and where to put your feet. I thought DDR was more of a homosexual act than a game before I tried it but now I really enjoy it. It's good for us larger guys... Gettin' some excercise...

Cloud Strife
11-24-2003, 09:36 PM
The DDR games on PS2 and PSX have never come down in price, so I say get it now. I own DDR, not the Xbox one yet, and love the game more than anything else besides a great Japanese RPG game. I plan DDR around 10 hours a week. You won't be disappointed.;) :)

FragMaster B
11-25-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by WrathfulPoppa
... I thought DDR was more of a homosexual act than a game...

:rofl: :rofl:

Now that's funny!