PDA

View Full Version : is call of duty coming to xbox?

Wolfboy_888
11-23-2003, 08:31 AM
?

Xorg
11-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Yes, I saw a trailer of Call of Duty and at the end it said "coming to consoles early 2004"

Ford Mustang
11-23-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Xorg
Yes, I saw a trailer of Call of Duty and at the end it said "coming to consoles early 2004"

You are correct. I have seen it also. This game should be awesome. :)

AloneInTheDark
11-23-2003, 12:44 PM
It better be on Xbox Live, I heard the multiplayer is frantic and insane, just the way I like it. :D

JDJDJD
11-23-2003, 06:37 PM
realistic war games are cool

ScottTheKilla
11-23-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
It better be on Xbox Live, I heard the multiplayer is frantic and insane, just the way I like it. :D

Ya I got it on pc a couple weeks ago and the first thing I thought when I played the multiplayer was that it would be great for xbox live. I like how it shows your death from the player who killed yous view after you die.

JDHack0822
11-23-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by ScottTheKilla

Ya I got it on pc a couple weeks ago and the first thing I thought when I played the multiplayer was that it would be great for xbox live. I like how it shows your death from the player who killed yous view after you die.

That sounds like an awesome feature. This is something I wish FPS would start to use.

Peepers
11-23-2003, 10:42 PM
Yes it will come to the Xbox. But because it is an EA title, it will be a crappy port that will look like a PS2 game and it won't be on Xbox Live. Thanks EA!:cuss:

ScottTheKilla
11-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Peepers
Yes it will come to the Xbox. But because it is an EA title, it will be a crappy port that will look like a PS2 game and it won't be on Xbox Live. Thanks EA!:cuss:

Its not a EA title..its made by Activision.

Lucifer_Hawk
11-24-2003, 12:36 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! that is prolly the funniest mistake i have ever seen, you guys thinkin that all pc ports with awesome online are EA now, its stuck in your heads man. I am getting Call Of Duty next month for PC, can't wait!! :cheers:

Sheeyt
11-24-2003, 07:52 AM
I hate to burst everyone's bubble but the PC version of COD will not be coming to Xbox. Instead the consoles are getting a game called "Call Of Duty: Finest Hour." It is being developed by a completely different company not Infinity Ward who developed "Call Of Duty," but it will still be published by Activision.

Here's a little info for you. I got this from Ign.xbox.com.

April 15, 2003 - Publisher Activision officially announced today that it has signed an exclusive, long-term agreement with California-based Spark Unlimited to create a Call of Duty console game for GameCube, Xbox and PS2. The title, which has been in development since late last year, will debut for all three platforms next year.

The Spark-created console title will be totally different from the Infinity Ward-developed PC game, which is slated for release later this year.
Spark Unlimited, a 40-something man studio based out of Sherman Oaks, is comprised of 27 former members of Electronic Arts' Medal of Honor teams. The developer employs key members of the groups including department heads, technology heads, artist heads, and sound leads.

Spark's Call of Duty, like Medal of Honor, is a first-person shooter that takes place during World War II and puts a strong emphasis on gritty realism.

"Spark is an incredibly talented developer," said Larry Goldberg, executive vice president of Activision Worldwide Studios. "The team members have an impressive track record of making first-person action games. Through this alliance, we will be able to continue delivering fantastic titles on the console platforms for many years to come."

"We are very excited about forming this partnership with Activision," said Craig Allen, chief executive officer of Spark Unlimited. "Our goal is to create innovative titles that deliver uniquely realistic and entertaining gaming experiences. To do that, we have developed proprietary tools and licensed technology so our artists, game designers, animators, and sound engineers will have an unparalleled ability to directly impact every element of our game. Activision's commitment to Spark demonstrates their desire to support high- quality, artistically driven titles and we look forward to working together to create a number of really great games."

Look for a full interview with Spark about its Call of Duty endeavor in the not too distant future.

Peepers
11-24-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by ScottTheKilla

Its not a EA title..its made by Activision.

Woopsie! Man, for some reason I thought that it was one of the umteen "Medal of Honor" games. :o

Oh well, I can't be right ALL the time!

ScottTheKilla
11-24-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Peepers

Woopsie! Man, for some reason I thought that it was one of the umteen "Medal of Honor" games. :o

Oh well, I can't be right ALL the time!

the new medal of honor is 10 times worse