PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars KOTOR...

cyclops
11-23-2003, 06:03 PM
Does anyone here know how to bypass the freeze on this game near the end when you are at the temple. I was on the chat line but noone seems to know what i am talking about. My game froze right after the men were chanting and Jolee told me that I could not go in alone. I went and rented it it at BB but the same thing happened.

Help me...

Peepers
11-23-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by cyclops
Does anyone here know how to bypass the freeze on this game near the end when you are at the temple. I was on the chat line but noone seems to know what i am talking about. My game froze right after the men were chanting and Jolee told me that I could not go in alone. I went and rented it it at BB but the same thing happened.

Help me...

Hmm...I don't know. Define "freeze." Do you mean freeze like Morrowind freeze or like "Carth bug" freeze. Is it during dialogue or right after?

***Spoiler***

I tried to blend it with the background so highlight to read:

Try reloading a save game on the Unknown world and try siding with the other tribe of Rakata than the one you're currently sided with. That might help. Also, have you already found the spaceship parts and repaired your ship? That might be a factor.

I know that I was kinda shooting in the dark up there, but that's what you gotta do sometimes. Try the boards at swkotor.com. there are some very knowledgable people there, some of whom might have already confronted this error.

Good luck.

Pssst...this post might be better in the RPG section. ;)

RudedogX
11-24-2003, 08:04 AM
Yeah, it sounds like the Carth bug to me, and the only way to get around it is to have someone with enough awareness to get around the person's cloak. I never encountered this though since I just chose Canderous everytime since I felt like he was a freakin' tank.:confused:

cyclops
11-24-2003, 09:19 AM
What is the Carth bug?

And... the game freezes after the dialogue from Jolee. I tried renting it to see if it was only my copy but this happened with the rental also.

RudedogX
11-24-2003, 09:25 AM
The carth bug is when you used a character with stealth on the ship in the previous stage when you had to rescue the three other characters and the crew. If you had the character in stealth when you rescued the characters, that character will still be in stealth when you get to the end of the stage and have the 'chat'. Since the other character is trying to talk to the other person, they software doesn't register that the character talking can see the character they are supposed to talk to, so it freezes. Hence, you need to choose a character that either does not have stealth, or take the stealth off before you save the other characters.

cyclops
11-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Thanks...!

monster1234
11-24-2003, 10:19 AM
The carth bug sux. I can't believe they haven't made a fix for it through xbl, but maybe they can't. I can't believe they still don't have any downloadable content for KOTOR still.

RudedogX
11-24-2003, 10:21 AM
Supposedly closer to christmas, but yeah, it's a little late for the fix at this point!:confused:

DocHoliday78
11-24-2003, 10:22 AM
I dont think he is talking about the carth bug. My friend got this bug last weekend. We tried a few KOTOR discs and it still freezes up when he trys to enter the temple. I am not that far yet becasue i had the galaxy droid glitch where you can select any level you want even if you are not supposed to go there. GameFaqs didnt have the freezing glitch listed so i am not sure if its rare.

osk691
11-24-2003, 12:22 PM
:D i had this problem with my copy of kotor,and many other copys.the problem is a corrupted game save.reboot your xbox and start game again .sorryb you will loose your save but it will stop all future game bugs.:cheers:

RudedogX
11-24-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by osk691
:D i had this problem with my copy of kotor,and many other copys.the problem is a corrupted game save.reboot your xbox and start game again .sorryb you will loose your save but it will stop all future game bugs.:cheers: Wouldn't you also need to remove all of your previous saves too?

osk691
11-24-2003, 12:40 PM
:( yes you would.i dont know how too get around that problem.the reboot does work,i know that for sure.iwas ok because i didnt have any other saves on my drive.:watchout:

Peepers
11-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Wouldn't you also need to remove all of your previous saves too?

I don't think so. I've had one or two corrupted KotOR saves, and I never had to delete all of them. You will know a corruped save when you see it. It usually happens if you turn off your Xbox while it's saving. But if that's the case, you shouldn't be able to load the save at all. So I guess I'm a little confused.:confused:

cyclops
11-24-2003, 05:27 PM
It worked taking off the stealth.

thanks!!!!