PDA

View Full Version : MS revelation

CharlieHustle
11-24-2003, 09:11 AM
Is it just me, or did ms prove the gaming world wrong by showing that they dont need the japanese market to sell games and consoles? Im stating this because i remember when i had a Dc and even a n64, most games and their releases over here in the US greatly depended on the japanese market. Im sayin that when games like Zelda or resident evil games came out, they were released in japan first and we would get them like 2-3 months later. Now with MS, most of our games are not from over there, also we are getting the games that we want to play. Even though the xbox isnt sellin well in japan, the xbox is still successful, we have a ton of games, and LIVE is a hit. Even without spuare soft or capcoms hits, the xbox proved that other developers (especially US) are just as good. The DC and the n64 depended on those japanese davelopers mainly because both companies sega and the big N are based in japan. But with MS based in the US we(us american gamers) are their first priorities. I might be wrong, but whateva ms is doin, keep doin it.

Peepers
11-24-2003, 10:10 AM
I think you're correct that the Xbox has helped emphasize and popularize Western games--espescially the venerable FPS and a more open-ended RPG experience through Morrowind. However, I have to question whether that would have taken place anyway on the PC.

And don't think for a second that Microsoft wouldn't like a bigger share of the Asian markets.

CharlieHustle
11-24-2003, 10:25 AM
The xbox is exactly what i wanted, a pc that i dont have to upgrade. all the games on the pc that i couldnt get because of upgrades and crap, i can now play on the xbox.

OC Noob
11-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Peepers
I think you're correct that the Xbox has helped emphasize and popularize Western games--espescially the venerable FPS and a more open-ended RPG experience through Morrowind. However, I have to question whether that would have taken place anyway on the PC.

And don't think for a second that Microsoft wouldn't like a bigger share of the Asian markets.

Yeah, I think they are taking a lot from PC gaming and brining it to the console. They did a great job of it and we are a bigger market then they are so with its popularity here, Canida and European companies its done quite well.

If they can penitrate the Japanesse market that means that much more money and a lot more Live accounts and I think they could dominate the console market.

I've heard they were like 35% of the market, which is a very big chunk, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Kortiz
11-24-2003, 10:45 AM
this is what i like about the xbox.

yeah it is like a pc.......only YOU DONT HAVE TO FRIGGEN UPGRADE THE BIAIATCH EVERY YEAR!!!!

Peepers
11-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Fosho
this is what i like about the xbox.

yeah it is like a pc.......only YOU DONT HAVE TO FRIGGEN UPGRADE THE BIAIATCH EVERY YEAR!!!!

Exactly! Plus it's much cheaper than a PC because console makers sell the hardware at a loss, hoping to make it up with game sales. But, because the price for console games and PC games is pretty much the same (though the PC has many more crappy, cheap games), Xboxers get a better deal in the end. I must confess however, that if I had infinite resources, I would be a PC gamer--at least for single-player games. Xbox Live rules!