PDA

View Full Version : Relatively new Xbox fansite needs viewers (worth seeing)

WrathfulPoppa
11-24-2003, 03:52 PM
If you haven't visited OnlyOnXbox (http://www.onlyonxbox.net) then you really should check it out. I am especially fond of it's release date schedule that shows whether or not a title is live enabled and/or xbox only. They've started fairly recently and deserve more attention than they are getting. I plan on using their forums (don't worry minions, I'll stay here too) and I hope I can urge a few of you to do the same. The site is professionally run and I'm not getting paid to do this, I would just like more people to come to know the power of X and this site is a great resource. They provide limited reviews (though the ones they have are excellent) and the site is still somewhat under construction so don't set your expectations too high but do help them get their feet off the ground as an excellent xbox gaming site.
Thanks for your time I love you all! (except venom)
-Matt

BigJosh359
11-24-2003, 04:12 PM
I would love to start a site that pimps all the Xbox Fan Pages. Xbox.com has a so so community page, but they seem to favor bigger sites. There should be a sites to pimp all the site equally.

Anyone interested in starting something like this? I would be glad to help out as an Xbox gamer and not an XBA staffer. :)

thrAsher
11-24-2003, 04:16 PM
How exactly would that work? Couldn't you just have a sort of 'Xbox Fansite Links' page? You wouldn't really need any sort of community (ie: forums and such), would you? Seems like it'd be a pretty static sort of thing.

BigJosh359
11-24-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
How exactly would that work? Couldn't you just have a sort of 'Xbox Fansite Links' page? You wouldn't really need any sort of community (ie: forums and such), would you? Seems like it'd be a pretty static sort of thing.

I would be somewhat like Xbox.com's community page, a small blurb about whats going on for the week or month on that particular site, maybe have a ratings dealie for each site. A very simple site, but one that would promote all Xbox community sites.

thrAsher
11-24-2003, 04:33 PM
It's not a bad idea. There are actually a whole lot of sites if you go poking around. And if you count all the fansites dedicated to XBL games alone, you could have your work cut out for you. Would be a great resource, really.

WrathfulPoppa
11-24-2003, 04:47 PM
Josh, I build websites for the fun of it and I like where you're going with this idea. I'm not exactly sure how we could set it up and all that but if we can exchange a few ideas maybe we could start something. I'm very experienced with HTML but I'm lacking in the visual department. Anyone offering to help out with visuals would be appreciated (perhaps spartan VI?).

BigJosh359
11-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
It's not a bad idea. There are actually a whole lot of sites if you go poking around. And if you count all the fansites dedicated to XBL games alone, you could have your work cut out for you. Would be a great resource, really.

I think it could be too. I think if there is some way for people to submit their sites and for the admins of those sites to update their own info, there really wouldnt be a whole lot of work to do. A community page run by the community promoting the community.

Right now, the community isnt much of a community. Most everyone keeps to themselves, just exchanging links with sites is a hard task.

This also has a chance to grow to be a multi platform site.

WrathfulPoppa
11-24-2003, 05:00 PM
Josh,
Being that you were posting your message while I was posting mine I'm not quite sure if you saw my last post (look up a few posts)

As far as a few ideas, the whole thing about the community updating itself sounds good but you'd be hardpressed to find a gaming site that would stop by to post their updates... I think what we'll have to do is begin a compendium where we get a few researchers who look up updates on other xbox sites, then we can post these updates on our site creating a general information depot. We could also have some sort of top 10 (or 100 or whatever) Xbox gaming sites list... Just dropping ideas...

BigJosh359
11-24-2003, 05:26 PM
This is definately in the planning stages, nothing is set yet, all ideas are welcome to make a decent community site.