PDA

View Full Version : tech question

seth78
07-05-2001, 09:55 PM
No bias in any direction please. I have seen most comparisons between the 3 major systems and in everything that I have seen the XBOX has come out on top. Other than it's $300 pricetag is there a real disadvantage to it when compared to GameCube and PS2?

CodeScribe
07-06-2001, 01:00 AM
Hardware-wise I would say Xbox equals or exceeds the GC in every point and just plain puts the PS2 to shame. The only real disadvantage I see it having is it is the new kid on the block.

KevinM
07-06-2001, 06:28 AM
I agree on the new kid on the block statement.<P>
<b>My thoughts:</b> Microsoft has yet to start showing any type of advertising on television. People are still confused as to what it is or have never even heard of the machine. Chris had an experience with a Babbages salesperson who stated that the Xbox was going to fail going only by what GameInformer had said in the newest issue giving Microsoft a C- for the Xbox showing at E3. Now when a salesperson is telling customers that the Xbox is going to fail?!? With little knowledge whatsoever on the product and/or the titles coming out for it... how is the general public who isn't keeping up with info by (shameless plug) coming to XBA, how are they to know which systems to buy?! MS really...I mean <u>REALLY</u> needs to start invading the homes via commercials and ads in magazines OTHER than gaming magz to get the word out!
<P>
But.. other than that. It's going to rule.

dances with broom sticks
07-06-2001, 10:56 AM
i agree completly!
i think the xbox can easily win the war of the consols if u focus just on the consol and games... the only draw back the xbox faces is that the 2 competition consols dont really need that much press to sell. they already have their name to back them up. microsoft i think will start to campaign in the near future (maybe a month?) and when that gets out people will see the xbox for the consol and the fact that microsoft made it. microsoft is a big name but not in consols so maybe that will help a little in the war?