PDA

View Full Version : Japanese to Experience Defeat again as Medal of Honor: Rising Sun Preps for Launch

Shadow20002
11-24-2003, 06:27 PM
Electronic Arts is in the midst of a Japanese marketing campaign for its FPS Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, which will be released here on December 4 for PS2 and GC. A GBA game, "Medal of Honor Advance," will join its big brothers on December 18.

As the latest installment in a well-known series, the game is getting its fair share of coverage from Japan's gaming media.

But it's interesting to note that articles in the mainstream game media have discussed the game's play modes and setting without ever commenting on the history the game covers: the Pacific campaigns of World War II.

A review in Softbank Games remarks: "This game is set in the Pacific, where deadly combat between the Japanese Imperial Army and the American Army unfolds." The reviewer describes stages like the landing on Guadalcanal as "extremely intense." There is no indication that the reviewer finds anything unusual about playing as a U.S. soldier trying to defeat the WWII-era Japanese army.

Source@ (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/medalofhonorrisingsun/news_6084198.html)

Duke
11-24-2003, 07:00 PM
I don't know if I'd say this game was disappointing, as I didn't expect much, but I sure am glad I only rented it.

JJaX
11-24-2003, 07:19 PM
I think the whole MOH series is over rater.

A poor FPS game with a few cool scripted events.

ZZzzZzzzz