PDA

View Full Version : PGR :: Manual, or Automatic?

Carnage
12-30-2001, 01:37 AM
Now that ive logged 5 hours, and can start racing for new paint jobs, ive been wondering; manual, or automatic? When i started playing, i left everything default(automatic) and went right into the kudos challenges. but now that im trying to shave mili seconds off my time so i can get that new paint job, i cant help but wonder if i should be doing the shifting myself.

Ill be giving manual a try sometime tomorrow, so im hoping this thread and your replies will be a bit of a "heads up" for me.
Does shifting yourself help your acceleraton THAT much more than leaving the trans in auto? Can you down shift when turning a bend to help you slide? Does your car max out at a higher top speed while in manual? Any info you guys can give me will be appriciated.

BTW, the Audi TT Coupe: Beautiful car!

leecow
12-31-2001, 03:09 AM
Running a manual tranny will help in many areas though I don't think top speed is one of 'em. Switch to manual at your earliest convenience and you won't regret it. :cool:

tntxbox
12-31-2001, 04:58 PM
I own Project Gotham Racing and I think Automatic is a better way to go unless your up to a challenge. I have tried manual and it seemed very hard to control your speed and I think you should use automatic for more fun and more chances to win races and not get frustrated that the controller wasn't working correctly. I say stick with automatic.

leecow
01-02-2002, 11:32 PM
"tried manual and it seemed very hard "

Very true, much like the rest of this game. But you should give it an honest effort because the speed and control gains are worth it.

bigguy316
01-03-2002, 10:02 PM
if you want a quicker and easier way to win go with automatic, but if you want a nice challenge like me go with manual.