PDA

View Full Version : "Mad Catz Control Pad Pro" ---> Any Good?

Cannibal Corpse
12-30-2001, 04:11 AM
I figured I can't wait to import the official Japanese controller, (even if I did, it wouldn't be inexpensive), so I thought I might give Mad Catz Control Pad Pro a try.

Has anyone tried it? Is it any good? Your insights are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

xBoXGaMeR2002
12-30-2001, 08:33 AM
I think it is really good. I didn't actually play with it, but it looks smaller and more comfortable than the original x-box controller. If you try it out, please post how it was.

Cannibal Corpse
01-10-2002, 12:23 AM
Why the buttons feel so tacktile? (clicky that is)?

Shadow Fox
01-10-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
Why the buttons feel so tacktile? (clicky that is)? That, I have no clue on, but they're easily broken in if you use them alot (try DOA3), and then they feel like traditional DC buttons. No slipping off buttons, no agony from the raised buttons on the original.

I've got one of them now, preferably just for fighting games (playing DOA3 was hell on the M$ controller). The analog sticks also feel somewhat more comfortable, and everything is just as responsive as the M$ version. Analog triggers feel a little different, but other than that, it's a d@mn good controller. Grips work fine, and the "true" digital pad makes it my favorite next-gen controller IMO (a close second by the GCN controller).

Oh yeah, and to somewhat "confirm" the durability of this thing, I've dropped it a few times, and it still works like a charm. Finally, MadCatz actually did something right...;)

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose II)

Kamshaft
01-10-2002, 09:38 AM
I'm assuming you've checked out our shootout. If you're hands are not big. Get this controller.
If you have big hands...don't. I have big hands..and don't like it all that much.:)

Cannibal Corpse
01-10-2002, 05:00 PM
Maybe you SMASHED the thing. From the look of it (packaging and design) upon a close inspection, it screams QUALITY!

I will DEFINITELY buy it. (and import the Japanse version also! ;)

Capt Marvel
01-12-2002, 10:07 AM
I have one. These are my pros and cons

Pros:

Smaller
Rubber Gribs
Macro Button (Good for Fighting Games DOA3!!!)
Nice Ruble Feedback
Price$$$ was nice

Cons

Buttons are very clicky. Horible for Amped or TH2x
But fine for Halo

Control pad is is like old school NES. Not rounded out like the MS controller

Button layout differs from the MS controller. More of a square than diamond pattern. Real Pain in the Ass. They should all be the same no matter who makes the pad.